Z590 Vision G PCIe 4.0 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z590 Vision G PCIe 4.0 Issues

PCI-e 4.0 seems to be be broken on the Z590 Vision G. If I install a PCI-e 4.0 SSD in any of the the Gen 4 slots the board either boot loops and asks if I want to load defaults which is already what is running. Or hangs with the status LEDs bouncing between CPU and DRAM.

I can get into an OS with F4b but it takes a bit of a hardware dance. I tried F4c that I found in another thread but after flashing finished just left me with a hung post and the DRAM light on again.

I do have a Rocket Lake CPU (11700K) so as far as I know PCIe 4 should be working.

The top one is the only gen4 m.2

It should work in the others as gen3, but since you say it's not recognized by the board it may be defective

Comment

With most boards you are correct but the Vision G is a bit unique in that it has 3 gen4 slots 2 of which share bandwidth with the CPU 16X "graphics" slot. System won't boot at all with a gen4 drive in the top slot Gen3 works fine. I can convince it to boot in someways with gen 4 drives in the CPU 2 and 3 slots.

I see the F4 series of BIOS has been removed from the official download page so I guess its time to just pull the Gen4 drives for now.

The Gen4 drives work fine in my AMD system so fairly certain the drives are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DeChache View Post

I see the F4 series of BIOS has been removed from the official download page so I guess its time to just pull the Gen4 drives for now
        It's back, with F4c - the version stasio linked in my thred I currently do not have a gen4 m.2 SSD to test with

Comment

Apparently the board just hates WD SN850 drives in M2A. Drive works fine in M2B or M2C at gen4 speeds. Did some drive shuffle so I'm not longer trying to boot of a SN850 and all is well...

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X