Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z590 vision g boot issue after BIOS update

Hi guys,

First of all, I'm completely new to this forum and pretty much a beginner in the BIOS world but familiar with pc builds. If I forgot to mention anything that can help, please let me know.

I've built a new computer last Friday (April 2nd). I had some minor issue with the sound creating random sizzles when I was opening a video or a song. I also noticed with NZXT Cam that my graphic card wasn't going above 2% usage. Because of this cg issue, I started to look for a solution online and a lot of people were talking about updating the BIOS.

I had the F2 version and I used the Gigabyte App Center with the BIOS plug-in to update it to the version F4a (using the file that I've downloaded on Gigabyte website). The F4a is now appearing in the BIOS.

Since then, impossible to boot to the windows installed on my nvme. I've tried to plug the nvme on different port without any success. My nvme is recognized in the BIOS but I've got nothing in the Boot Sequence except '' Windows Boot Manager '', and when I click on it, there are no disk except this '' Windows Boot Manager ''. It's the same for hard drives, they seems to be recognized in the BIOS but not showing up in the boot sequence.

I didn't overclocked anything at all and I'm a bit lost.

Here is my config in case it helps to solve that :
    Intel 10900k
    Gigabyte z590 vision g motherboard
    16go ram 3200mhz
    1go Samsung black NVMe
    2 hard drives 1go (unplugged until I can boot)
    Rtx3070
    750W psu

Many thanks,

Jcl

Check that you haven't inadvertently turned on Intel Rapid Storage technology.

Also, whichever way the CSM Support setting is, try flipping it. (If Disabled, try Enabled).

Comment

Hello! Thanks for your answer :)

I've double checked for the Intel Rapid Storage and it was OFF.
      I've switched the CSM Support to Enabled and it switches automatically the Storage Boot Option Control and the Other PCI devices to UEFI.

Is there any chance that I can fix my issues by reflashing the BIOS with the F4a version or an older ? Or things can get worse ?

Comment

Do you think there's a chance you installed Windows using an MBR instead of the newer GPT? After turning CSM Support to Enabled, Change Storage Boot Option Control to Legacy and see if it boots. If this is successful, you may want to investigate MBR2GPT tool to save headaches down the road.

Next troubleshooting I would try is CMOS reset. Usually doesn't need a jumper anymore, just short the two pins for a few seconds with a screwdriver.

Stick no luck, I would try re-flashing that F4a BIOS using Q-Flash---- load it to a FAT32 USB stick, and use Q-Flash option in BIOS.

After that I would try BIOS F3.

If still getting nowhere, I'd look into booting windows recovery environment off USB and seeing if there's a problem with the UEFI bootloader on your NVMe that can be cleaned up. See for example instructions here: http://woshub.com/how-to-repair-uefi...-in-windows-8/

Comment

Working...
        X