Random reboot - X570 Aorus Xtreme + 5950X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deepcuts View Post
    With my Ryzen 3950X never had such issues. And I started with the same motherboard and with the 2nd released BIOS for it.
    This is just bure BS. Beta testers without pay.
    So you updated BIOS and installed a new CPU, and then reboots starts happening? Or did you experienced reboots on 3950x with new BIOS?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderShirshov View Post

So you updated BIOS and installed a new CPU, and then reboots starts happening? Or did you experienced reboots on 3950x with new BIOS?
      Lots of people with the exact same issue. No problems with the exact same build and 3930X. Replaced it with 5950X and reboots galore.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepcuts View Post

Lots of people with the exact same issue. No problems with the exact same build and 3930X. Replaced it with 5950X and reboots galore.
        How much people experiencing this issue and how much don't? We don't know. I think people without problems just using their PC and not posting on the internet. Search request "ryzen random reboot" gives A LOT of results for previous gens, moreover on first search page there is NO RESULTS about Zen 3 issue, ONLY previous gens. Maybe you just got good 3950x and bad 5950x, maybe don't. We can't be sure for now.

Comment

hint: 5950X is new and in short supply. Might answer your question regarding those search results. Also, update those search skills.
          For example, the first 4 results for 5950X WHEA
          https://www.overclock.net/threads/re...boots.1774627/
          https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...whea-error-18/
          https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?t...-5950x.350030/
          https://linustechtips.com/topic/1266...0-whea-errors/

Comment

I'm having the same issue with a 5950X on an X570 Aorus Master v1.1; GeForce RTX 3090; be quiet straight power 11 1200w platinum; DDR4 Crucial Ballistix MAX 4000.

Comment

I'm talked to guy from warranty department. He said if what I'm describing will be confirmed during their testing, CPU will be replaced. Also he was not surprised at all and said it's very high percent of defective Ryzen CPUs, up to 10%. Tommorow I'm giving them my CPU for testing.

Comment

My main problem currently is that I can't even get a proper response from AMD Warranty. Its been 10 days since I submitted my ticket, and all I got was automated responses that its been assigned to new people. This support is BS.

Comment

It was not easy, but finally my CPU is replaced under warranty. No more reboots for now, if something strange happens I will come back and write another post here. So looks like my guess was right, it's the same problem as with previous gen Ryzen CPUs and 5950x should just work even with current BIOS. Maybe it's possible to somehow workaround even faulty CPU with tricky BIOS settings or some updates, but I think it's not a proper solution to hardware problem.

Comment

First time I installed my 5950X problem started happening few days later, please keep us posted in about a week see if everything still works ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Alvy View Post
                      First time I installed my 5950X problem started happening few days later, please keep us posted in about a week see if everything still works ok.
                      Ok, if everything goes well I will also post later.

With my previous 5950X I also not experienced any issues in first week. But I tested new CPU on the same everything. Same hardware (except CPU of course), BIOS version and settings, workload. Just clean Windows 10 install and script which starts and stops Firefox repeatedly with 10 seconds delay. With previous CPU it was almost guaranteed reboot in one hour, usually much quicker. No reboots with new CPU. So I see no way how it can be anything else than just degraded CPU in very short amount of time.

Comment

Everything is still fine. So I think if you experiencing random reboots with Ryzen CPU, you should try obvious things first - disable all overclocking (CPU, RAM, GPU), install clean OS. If problem persists, then it's highly likely caused by faulty CPU.

Comment

I'm on a 5900X and Aorus Master X570. My system reboots after the monitors are turned off. Then sits fine at the login screen with the monitors off. I can't leave my computer with any unsaved worked because it will reboot. All of the BIOS versions I've tried have not helped.

Comment

Leaving this here. Might help someone decide.
                            Bought another Ryzen 5950X.
                            Replaced the old 5950X with the new one and everything is stable so far for almost one week. At stock BIOS defaults and with XMP 3600.

Comment

Just an update to this - the latest F31 betas with the AGESA 1.1.1.0 D fixed the random reboot issues for me with the 5950X. I never had the WHEA error issues or BSODs at load though - only spontaneous reboots at idle.

Comment

Guys,
                                I got Test BIOS for X570 Master with +600 AutoOC / Boost Override.
                                Who want to try can PM me.

Comment

Working...
                                X