No announcement yet.

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master Rev(1.0) Overclocking i7 9700k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm after a new case was thinking of the Phanteks Eclipse P500, At the moment my NZXT H500 was a sweatbox, until I modify it.

Comment

Hello can someone tell me how to configurate well my bios
      I use F11N bios version
      and i have always sometimes when i turn on pc, black screen no power to keyboard mouse or monitor, or sometimes error message "Load defaults and reboot" . I didn't make any overclocking stuff everything was default.

I have also memory Kingston hx440c19pb3k2/16 , 4600 Mhz, but by default it is running 2400mh.
      How i can manage to support better or fix my bios not to crash like that.

Memory slots are position: 1 and 3, also i try 2 and 4 but same..
      I use Intel i7-9700k, saphire FX 5700 Nitro +

Comment

First off, silly question but you do have the system temp sensor on the right header, seen people connecting to cmos by mistake?

Memory wise that is a bit more tricky, can ask here
        http://www.overclock.net/threads/gig...hread.1711478/

Comment

Gigabyte has given me a new RGB bios of the F11 from gigabyte e-Support Gk.F11

removed!

If you havent updated yet I would stick with f11o gk as the new f11 final is unstable for some.

This version did not work for me when i tried. Oemid missmatch. Good work gigabyte. Have requested and now have a fixed version available on request.
          Last edited by TrebleTA; 02-26-2022, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Hi. Thank you for your effort. I have the same motherboard and cpu and i've tried your OC settings and so far they look to be stable. I do however want to point out that i've been getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION windows blue screen upon booting up. I've found out that it's being caused by using windows 8/10 features options in the bios set to WHQL. I don't think this is intended to be used by a "common user" anyway. Is there a particular reason you went for this option? I'm running windows 11.

Best regards, X

Comment

Not sure why your getting that error am running win 11 beta no problems, it sounds like a drivers issule maybe serial io or wifi,bluetooth
              Last edited by TrebleTA; 04-06-2022, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Hi. I was actually wrong. I'm still getting some bluescreens, but it is true that without WHQL setting i'm getting less of them. I used your oc guide and it seems my OC is not entirely stable. When i test it in stress test (though i've only done intel XTU 5 minute stress tests - avx tests included), and games, everything runs fine but on reboots i get a blue screen here and there. Not sure what the problem is. Otherwise max temp i get at 4.9 is around 81C and voltages don't go over 1.38v max. What am i doing wrong?

I have gigabyte z390 pro rev 1.0. (F12l), 9700k, NZXT KRAKEN X42 140mm water cooler, kingston hyperx fury 3200mhz 32gb ram, 750W psu, rtx 2070.

The exact bios settings i used for the overclock are as follows:

Enhanced Multi Core Performance(EMCP) = Disable.
                CPU Core Ratio = 49
                Cash Ratio = auto
                AVX Offset = Auto
                Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) = Profile 1.
                CPU VCore = Normal
                Dynamic VCore (DVID) = -0.055v.
                DRAM Voltage (CH A/B) = 1.38v
                CPU VCCIO = 1.100v
                CPU System Agent Voltage (VCCSA ) = 1.200v

Memory Multiplier Tweaker = Auto.
                Channel Interleaving = Enable.
                Rank Interleaving = Enable.
                Memory Boot Mode = enable fast boot
                Realtime memory Timing = Auto.
                Memory Enhancement Settings = Enhanced performance.

VT-d = Disabled
                Intel(R) Speed Shift Technology = Enable
                Ring To Core Offset (Down Bin) = Disable.
                CPU EIST Function = Disable
                Energy Effective Turbo = Enable
                Voltage Optimization = Disable.
                Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology = Enable

Active Turbo Ratios = Enable
                Turbo Ratio (1 Core Active) = 51.
                Turbo Ratio (2 Core Active) = 51.
                Turbo Ratio (3 Core Active) = 50.
                Turbo Ratio (4 Core Active) = 50.
                Turbo Ratio (5 Core Active) = 50.
                Turbo Ratio (6 Core Active) = 49.
                Turbo Ratio (7 Core Active) = 49.
                Turbo Ratio (8 Core Active) = 49.

C-State Control = Enable
                CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) = Enable
                C3 State Support = Enable
                C6/C7 State Support = Disable
                C8 State Support = Disable
                C10 State Support = Disable
                Package C State Limit =Auto.

Dram Training Voltage (CH A/B) = 1.38v
                CPU/VRM Settings-->
                CPU VCore Loadline Calibration = Normal.

Platform Power Management = Disable

I didn't change boot security settings you described. What am i doing wrong here? Should i perhaps try putting those memory settings on auto? Or maybe disabling cstates?

Thank you for your guide and i hope you have the time to help with some suggestions.

UPDATE*: i've changed CSTATES to auto and i left advanced memory settings to auto (except memory enchancement which i set to enchanced) and i have no more blue screens.

Comment

Increase the dynamic vcore to -45 if bad try -35. At mo I'm using -45 or -35 that the only bit affecting the oc of the cpu. Keep eye on vrout in hwinfo.
                  but it depends too on what bsod error. Also the z490 master has a win 11 serial io driver, that i was giving me a wea error from the z390 driver before I updated to the z490. Not sure why.
                  also memory fast boot. Try auto if your not messing with ram timings.

Something I have noticed, not sure if it's a problems but when restarting the pc. On my master usb power on restart seems funny and if i shoutdown then go pee and start the pc, i get pc speaker buzz for half a sec from bios warning about fans-pumps. Same from waking from sleep.
                  if I go to reinstall windows 11 after being in windows from a restart (with other power cycling) clean install, there is no pc sound and it is not correct. Yet cold boot( power off at wall 5 seconds) sound is fine on install, also same for usb.
                  but I've had no one else to confirm this.
                  Last edited by TrebleTA; 04-08-2022, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the tips. As for the master usb, i have no such problems. Since changing cstates and memory settings to auto i have had zero errors or problems. I might try and overclock to 5ghz with these settings, looks like it could work easily. Except i'm not sure how to then set the custom ratios on cores. Should i just up them by one? So into this format:

?

Comment

Well you have to increase voltage for it, so would start at 0 if ok try -10
                      ratios it's up to you, I try keep how was by default just adding to it, also at 5.2 I could not get stable at right temps and voltage.
                      p.s the master will be different from your board slightly
                      Last edited by TrebleTA; 04-11-2022, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Thank you. One more question. Do i need to change voltage if i should go for fixed frequency? I am tempted to try fixed at 5.0 but i already managed to completely hang my system once (had to reset cmos) so now i'm a bit scared. Any tips on which setting need to be changed for fixed freq would be very welcome. I tried the official gigabyte oc-ing guide (which had a fixed speed) and voltages were over 1.4V, so definitelly not good.

Comment

Yes that voltage is for my system. Every system-CPU is different, try at 0 run the test if all ok then -10 keep doing so untill you crash, then add 5 and test again if stable etc

Comment

Originally posted by TrebleTA View Post
                            My Bios Settings for my I7 9700k, on a Gigabyte Z390 Master Rev 1.0 bios F11L GK
                            Please advice me if I have done anything wrong or am missing anything recommended...

All settings are optimized defaults unless I have listed below.

Updated for my f11o Gk settings

*Tweaker*
                            Enhanced Multi Core Performance(EMCP) = Disable.
                            CPU Core Ratio = 49. Speed you want the CPU to run.
                            Ring Ratio = 46. You want this 3 or less then CPU Core Ratio. (Can just leave on auto no real gain from changing.)
                            AVX Offset = 0. Can put on Auto or add 1 for higher CPU Core Ratios to get system stable.
                            Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) = Profile 1.
                            CPU VCore = Normal. Use this as CPU voltage until your stable then use Normal and Dynamic.
                            Dynamic VCore (DVID) = -0.055v.
                            DRAM Voltage (CH A/B) = 1.38v. Set to your DRam voltage!
                            CPU VCCIO = 1.100v Default is too high. 1.25v max.
                            CPU System Agent Voltage (VCCSA ) = 1.200v Default is too high. 1.25v max.

Advanced Memory settings-->
                            Memory Multiplier Tweaker = Auto.
                            Channel Interleaving = Enable.
                            Rank Interleaving = Enable.
                            Memory Boot Mode = Disable for 2-3 restarts then Enable fast boot, Disabling is to use memory training. Remember if your tweaking memory settings disable this until your timings are stable.
                            Realtime memory Timing = Auto.
                            Memory Enhancement Settings = Enhanced performance.

Advance CPU Settings-->
                            VT-d = Disable, Enable when or if you want to use windows VirtualBox.
                            Intel(R) Speed Shift Technology = Enable, Or Disable for a fixed clock.
                            Ring To Core Offset (Down Bin) = Disable.
                            CPU EIST Function = Disable
                            Energy Effective Turbo = Enable, Or Disable for a fixed clock.
                            Voltage Optimization = Disable.
                            Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology = Enable, Or Disable for a fixed clock.

Active Turbo Ratios = Enable, Or Disable for a fixed clock.
                            Turbo Ratio (1 Core Active) = 51.
                            Turbo Ratio (2 Core Active) = 51.
                            Turbo Ratio (3 Core Active) = 50.
                            Turbo Ratio (4 Core Active) = 50.
                            Turbo Ratio (5 Core Active) = 50.
                            Turbo Ratio (6 Core Active) = 49.
                            Turbo Ratio (7 Core Active) = 49.
                            Turbo Ratio (8 Core Active) = 49.

C-State Control = Enable, Once your overclock is stable. or if using Active Turbo Ratio
                            CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) = Enable, Once your overclock is stable. This will help idle CPU clocks and voltage.
                            C3 State Support = Enable, for Active Turbo Ratios to work or If you want to use Sleep using a fixed clock.
                            C6/C7 State Support = Disable. Enable will save more CPU power but increase CPU latency
                            C8 State Support = Disable. Enable will save more CPU power but increase CPU latency
                            C10 State Support = Disable. Enable will save more CPU power but increase CPU latency
                            Package C State Limit =Auto.

Advance Voltage Settings -->
                            Dram Training Voltage (CH A/B) = 1.38v, Same as your DRam, this helps to speed up memory training.
                            CPU/VRM Settings-->
                            CPU VCore Loadline Calibration = Normal.

*Settings*
                            IO Ports--->
                            Initial Display Output = PCIe 1 Slot.
                            Integrated Graphics = Disable, Unless your using the onboard display.
                            Above 4G Decoding = Enable, This will give you access to the Resizable Base-Address Register.
                            Resizable Base-Address Register = Auto.
                            Miscellaneous -->
                            Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) = Enable. This is the TPM2.0 you need for Windows 11
                            Software Guard Extensions (SGX) = Disable or software control.

*Power*
                            Platform Power Management = Disable, as windows is not compatible. think its for other operating system.

*Boot*
                            CFG LOCK= leave default, Part of Mac OS, locks part of memory.
                            Security Option = Setup.
                            Fast Boot = Ultra Fast.
                            Mouse Speed = 2x.
                            Windows 8/10 Features = Windows 8/10 WHQL.
                            CSM Support = Disable, This is so I can enable Secure Boot. will need to save and exit then reboot to access Secure Boot.

To Enable Secure Boot
                            Secure Boot-->
                            Secure Boot mode = Custom
                            Key Management-->
                            Provision Factory Defaults = Enable
                            Save and exit reboot then enter bios again
                            Secure Boot-->
                            Key Management-->
                            Provision Factory Defaults = Disable
                            Secure Boot--<
                            Secure Boot Mode = User
                            Save and exit

A link to a video of my settings.. from when I started this. Bios version F11L in video.
                            https://youtu.be/7DpS_MCxk7w

In HWInfo Under IRF IR35201 VROut is hitting 1.299v that's live CPU voltage. In f11m this increased to 1.352, f11n 1.332.

Here is a link to the Z390 Master Rev1.0 F11L GK bios with RGB.

Removed bios link available on request

This Bios is a Official Bios from Gigabyte e-Support. Same as on the beta thread but with added RGB by Gigabyte e-support.

**Warning**
                            Before flashing a bios all ways reset cmos or load bios defaults.
                            Else bios flashing can take some time thinking it's crashed, some cases over a day!.
                            dear, are you ok?
                            Sorry to dig up the topic, but I'm having trouble overclocking. My setup is exactly the same as yours: NZXT water cooler, I7 9700K and Z390 AORUS MASTER motherboard. I noticed that the processor temperature is always around 90º even without any use, in basic activities such as accessing the internet it reaches 100º. The internal temperature of the rest of the components is around 30º, I have already checked the water cooler and it is working normally and the silver thermal paste is new (3 days). I figured it was something related to BIOS configuration and voltages, but when trying to overclock to solve this, the computer keeps restarting and doesn't boot. I tried to insert the file that you had posted here in the BIOS, but it has an error and does not finish. I've tried to do the manual configuration of the initial post but it just keeps restarting. I would like to ask for help to solve this temperature problem and, if possible, overclock it.

Comment

If your getting that kind of temps, the cpu and heat sink, are not set correctly. On idle I get 23c on gamming i hit 50c

Comment

Sorry for the slow reply, been busy with real life, I will check the version above later today, yet it should be f11o, strange the file was on the site yet was f11m linked now fixed..

Comment

Working...
                                X