No announcement yet.

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master Rev(1.0) Overclocking i7 9700k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm after a new case was thinking of the Phanteks Eclipse P500, At the moment my NZXT H500 was a sweatbox, until I modify it.

Comment

Hello can someone tell me how to configurate well my bios
      I use F11N bios version
      and i have always sometimes when i turn on pc, black screen no power to keyboard mouse or monitor, or sometimes error message "Load defaults and reboot" . I didn't make any overclocking stuff everything was default.

I have also memory Kingston hx440c19pb3k2/16 , 4600 Mhz, but by default it is running 2400mh.
      How i can manage to support better or fix my bios not to crash like that.

Memory slots are position: 1 and 3, also i try 2 and 4 but same..
      I use Intel i7-9700k, saphire FX 5700 Nitro +

Comment

First off, silly question but you do have the system temp sensor on the right header, seen people connecting to cmos by mistake?

Memory wise that is a bit more tricky, can ask here

Comment

Gigabyte has given me a new RGB bios of the F11 from gigabyte e-Support Gk.F11

removed!

If you havent updated yet I would stick with f11o gk as the new f11 final is unstable for some.

This version did not work for me when i tried. Oemid missmatch. Good work gigabyte. Have requested and now have a fixed version available on request.
          Last edited by TrebleTA; 02-26-2022, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Hi. Thank you for your effort. I have the same motherboard and cpu and i've tried your OC settings and so far they look to be stable. I do however want to point out that i've been getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION windows blue screen upon booting up. I've found out that it's being caused by using windows 8/10 features options in the bios set to WHQL. I don't think this is intended to be used by a "common user" anyway. Is there a particular reason you went for this option? I'm running windows 11.

Best regards, X

Comment

Not sure why your getting that error am running win 11 beta no problems, it sounds like a drivers issule maybe serial io or wifi,bluetooth
              Last edited by TrebleTA; 04-06-2022, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Hi. I was actually wrong. I'm still getting some bluescreens, but it is true that without WHQL setting i'm getting less of them. I used your oc guide and it seems my OC is not entirely stable. When i test it in stress test (though i've only done intel XTU 5 minute stress tests - avx tests included), and games, everything runs fine but on reboots i get a blue screen here and there. Not sure what the problem is. Otherwise max temp i get at 4.9 is around 81C and voltages don't go over 1.38v max. What am i doing wrong?

I have gigabyte z390 pro rev 1.0. (F12l), 9700k, NZXT KRAKEN X42 140mm water cooler, kingston hyperx fury 3200mhz 32gb ram, 750W psu, rtx 2070.

The exact bios settings i used for the overclock are as follows:

Enhanced Multi Core Performance(EMCP) = Disable.
                CPU Core Ratio = 49
                Cash Ratio = auto
                AVX Offset = Auto
                Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) = Profile 1.
                CPU VCore = Normal
                Dynamic VCore (DVID) = -0.055v.
                DRAM Voltage (CH A/B) = 1.38v
                CPU VCCIO = 1.100v
                CPU System Agent Voltage (VCCSA ) = 1.200v

Memory Multiplier Tweaker = Auto.
                Channel Interleaving = Enable.
                Rank Interleaving = Enable.
                Memory Boot Mode = enable fast boot
                Realtime memory Timing = Auto.
                Memory Enhancement Settings = Enhanced performance.

VT-d = Disabled
                Intel(R) Speed Shift Technology = Enable
                Ring To Core Offset (Down Bin) = Disable.
                CPU EIST Function = Disable
                Energy Effective Turbo = Enable
                Voltage Optimization = Disable.
                Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology = Enable

Active Turbo Ratios = Enable
                Turbo Ratio (1 Core Active) = 51.
                Turbo Ratio (2 Core Active) = 51.
                Turbo Ratio (3 Core Active) = 50.
                Turbo Ratio (4 Core Active) = 50.
                Turbo Ratio (5 Core Active) = 50.
                Turbo Ratio (6 Core Active) = 49.
                Turbo Ratio (7 Core Active) = 49.
                Turbo Ratio (8 Core Active) = 49.

C-State Control = Enable
                CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) = Enable
                C3 State Support = Enable
                C6/C7 State Support = Disable
                C8 State Support = Disable
                C10 State Support = Disable
                Package C State Limit =Auto.

Dram Training Voltage (CH A/B) = 1.38v
                CPU/VRM Settings-->
                CPU VCore Loadline Calibration = Normal.

Platform Power Management = Disable

I didn't change boot security settings you described. What am i doing wrong here? Should i perhaps try putting those memory settings on auto? Or maybe disabling cstates?

Thank you for your guide and i hope you have the time to help with some suggestions.

UPDATE*: i've changed CSTATES to auto and i left advanced memory settings to auto (except memory enchancement which i set to enchanced) and i have no more blue screens.

Comment

Increase the dynamic vcore to -45 if bad try -35. At mo I'm using -45 or -35 that the only bit affecting the oc of the cpu. Keep eye on vrout in hwinfo.
                  but it depends too on what bsod error. Also the z490 master has a win 11 serial io driver, that i was giving me a wea error from the z390 driver before I updated to the z490. Not sure why.
                  also memory fast boot. Try auto if your not messing with ram timings.

Something I have noticed, not sure if it's a problems but when restarting the pc. On my master usb power on restart seems funny and if i shoutdown then go pee and start the pc, i get pc speaker buzz for half a sec from bios warning about fans-pumps. Same from waking from sleep.
                  if I go to reinstall windows 11 after being in windows from a restart (with other power cycling) clean install, there is no pc sound and it is not correct. Yet cold boot( power off at wall 5 seconds) sound is fine on install, also same for usb.
                  but I've had no one else to confirm this.
                  Last edited by TrebleTA; 04-08-2022, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the tips. As for the master usb, i have no such problems. Since changing cstates and memory settings to auto i have had zero errors or problems. I might try and overclock to 5ghz with these settings, looks like it could work easily. Except i'm not sure how to then set the custom ratios on cores. Should i just up them by one? So into this format:

?

Comment

Well you have to increase voltage for it, so would start at 0 if ok try -10
                      ratios it's up to you, I try keep how was by default just adding to it, also at 5.2 I could not get stable at right temps and voltage.
                      p.s the master will be different from your board slightly
                      Last edited by TrebleTA; 04-11-2022, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Thank you. One more question. Do i need to change voltage if i should go for fixed frequency? I am tempted to try fixed at 5.0 but i already managed to completely hang my system once (had to reset cmos) so now i'm a bit scared. Any tips on which setting need to be changed for fixed freq would be very welcome. I tried the official gigabyte oc-ing guide (which had a fixed speed) and voltages were over 1.4V, so definitelly not good.

Comment

Yes that voltage is for my system. Every system-CPU is different, try at 0 run the test if all ok then -10 keep doing so untill you crash, then add 5 and test again if stable etc

Comment

Originally posted by TrebleTA View Post
                            My Bios Settings for my I7 9700k, on a Gigabyte Z390 Master Rev 1.0 bios F11L GK
                            Please advice me if I have done anything wrong or am missing anything recommended...

All settings are optimized defaults unless I have listed below.

Updated for my f11o Gk settings

*Tweaker*
                            Enhanced Multi Core Performance(EMCP) = Disable.
                            CPU Core Ratio = 49. Speed you want the CPU to run.
                            Ring Ratio = 46. You want this 3 or less then CPU Core Ratio. (Can just leave on auto no real gain from changing.)
                            AVX Offset = 0. Can put on Auto or add 1 for higher CPU Core Ratios to get system stable.
                            Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) = Profile 1.
                            CPU VCore = Normal. Use this as CPU voltage until your stable then use Normal and Dynamic.
                            Dynamic VCore (DVID) = -0.055v.
                            DRAM Voltage (CH A/B) = 1.38v. Set to your DRam voltage!
                            CPU VCCIO = 1.100v Default is too high. 1.25v max.
                            CPU System Agent Voltage (VCCSA ) = 1.200v Default is too high. 1.25v max.

Advanced Memory settings-->
                            Memory Multiplier Tweaker = Auto.
                            Channel Interleaving = Enable.
                            Rank Interleaving = Enable.
                            Memory Boot Mode = Disable for 2-3 restarts then Enable fast boot, Disabling is to use memory training. Remember if your tweaking memory settings disable this until your timings are stable.
                            Realtime memory Timing = Auto.
                            Memory Enhancement Settings = Enhanced performance.

Advance CPU Settings-->
                            VT-d = Disable, Enable when or if you want to use windows VirtualBox.
                            Intel(R) Speed Shift Technology = Enable, Or Disable for a fixed clock.
                            Ring To Core Offset (Down Bin) = Disable.
                            CPU EIST Function = Disable
                            Energy Effective Turbo = Enable, Or Disable for a fixed clock.
                            Voltage Optimization = Disable.
                            Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology = Enable, Or Disable for a fixed clock.

Active Turbo Ratios = Enable, Or Disable for a fixed clock.
                            Turbo Ratio (1 Core Active) = 51.
                            Turbo Ratio (2 Core Active) = 51.
                            Turbo Ratio (3 Core Active) = 50.
                            Turbo Ratio (4 Core Active) = 50.
                            Turbo Ratio (5 Core Active) = 50.
                            Turbo Ratio (6 Core Active) = 49.
                            Turbo Ratio (7 Core Active) = 49.
                            Turbo Ratio (8 Core Active) = 49.

C-State Control = Enable, Once your overclock is stable. or if using Active Turbo Ratio
                            CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) = Enable, Once your overclock is stable. This will help idle CPU clocks and voltage.
                            C3 State Support = Enable, for Active Turbo Ratios to work or If you want to use Sleep using a fixed clock.
                            C6/C7 State Support = Disable. Enable will save more CPU power but increase CPU latency
                            C8 State Support = Disable. Enable will save more CPU power but increase CPU latency
                            C10 State Support = Disable. Enable will save more CPU power but increase CPU latency
                            Package C State Limit =Auto.

Advance Voltage Settings -->
                            Dram Training Voltage (CH A/B) = 1.38v, Same as your DRam, this helps to speed up memory training.
                            CPU/VRM Settings-->
                            CPU VCore Loadline Calibration = Normal.

*Settings*
                            IO Ports--->
                            Initial Display Output = PCIe 1 Slot.
                            Integrated Graphics = Disable, Unless your using the onboard display.
                            Above 4G Decoding = Enable, This will give you access to the Resizable Base-Address Register.
                            Resizable Base-Address Register = Auto.
                            Miscellaneous -->
                            Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) = Enable. This is the TPM2.0 you need for Windows 11
                            Software Guard Extensions (SGX) = Disable or software control.

*Power*
                            Platform Power Management = Disable, as windows is not compatible. think its for other operating system.

*Boot*
                            CFG LOCK= leave default, Part of Mac OS, locks part of memory.
                            Security Option = Setup.
                            Fast Boot = Ultra Fast.
                            Mouse Speed = 2x.
                            Windows 8/10 Features = Windows 8/10 WHQL.
                            CSM Support = Disable, This is so I can enable Secure Boot. will need to save and exit then reboot to access Secure Boot.

To Enable Secure Boot
                            Secure Boot-->
                            Secure Boot mode = Custom
                            Key Management-->
                            Provision Factory Defaults = Enable
                            Save and exit reboot then enter bios again
                            Secure Boot-->
                            Key Management-->
                            Provision Factory Defaults = Disable
                            Secure Boot--<
                            Secure Boot Mode = User
                            Save and exit

A link to a video of my settings.. from when I started this. Bios version F11L in video.

In HWInfo Under IRF IR35201 VROut is hitting 1.299v that's live CPU voltage. In f11m this increased to 1.352, f11n 1.332.

Here is a link to the Z390 Master Rev1.0 F11L GK bios with RGB.

Removed bios link available on request

This Bios is a Official Bios from Gigabyte e-Support. Same as on the beta thread but with added RGB by Gigabyte e-support.

**Warning**
                            Before flashing a bios all ways reset cmos or load bios defaults.
                            Else bios flashing can take some time thinking it's crashed, some cases over a day!.

Comment

If your getting that kind of temps, the cpu and heat sink, are not set correctly. On idle I get 23c on gamming i hit 50c

Comment

Sorry for the slow reply, been busy with real life, I will check the version above later today, yet it should be f11o, strange the file was on the site yet was f11m linked now fixed..
                                ?

Comment

Working...
                                X