Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to GA-X58A-UD5 have a x5765 and need some help

Hi Guys !!
    Hope this in the right place - recently got a Gigabyte GA - X58-UD5 Rev 2 with a Intel i7-920 and XMS3 24G (3x4) ram.with a corsair GX750 w PSU, for soooo cheap, I thought I just had to have a get it and then try a X5675 with it ! As recently I been watching a few X58 vids and how much fun can be had with the system for so cheap.. Anyway 2 quick questions - which bios would I need and also the system shuts off after about 20-30 mins - I've notice PSU feels hot, so was thinking of swapping it for a corsair CX750 I have laying around..Also Im going to give system a good clean and re do thermal paste. Also got a snowman air cooler - with the x5675 for cheap (due to review using it with this xeon on YouTube) plus it was cheap. These came in post yesterday, so thought it a good time to ask the questions etc.
    Upate I put the CX750 in,put new thermal paste/pads on northbridge heatsinks and now it don't shut down.
    Any help and advise for a person totally new to the platform - most welcome !!

I hope I can get some advise on where to look and which bios to install etc, as I really do like the more I find out about the X58 and Xeon build..
    Many Thanks !!
    Last edited by CoxyX58; 12-21-2019, 10:21 AM. Reason: text didnt show

Re: New to GA-X58A-UD5 have a x5765 and need some help

I edited this post, as I don't think the text showed the first time... hope you can read this and help me.. many thanks guys !!
    ps Merry Christmas too !!

Comment

Try to flash BIOS....FF1....
      GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 2.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

or modded BIOS FF3
      GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Your CPU X5675 is not on the list,but I beleive will work with FF BIOS...
      GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 2.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Good luck...

Btw,
      good forum for your board....
      Last edited by stasio; 12-21-2019, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Many thanks stasio
        Really do appreciate the reply and links,advise etc..
        will get on them asap and really looking forward to trying this..
        Merry Xmas !!

Comment

Working...
        X