Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO Dual Channel Problem

Hello Everyone,

I have a GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO Motherboard with Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO (8x2) 16GB 3600Mhz RAM kit. Before buying the rams i forgot to check the QVL list of the motherboard and later noticed that they are not in it. They are currently installed in B1&B2 (first two) slots and work fine as single channel. When i try to install them in B2&A2 and use them as dual channel like the motherboard suggests me to do, it keeps restarting itself over and over and i dont see anything on the monitor. I tried the following;

-Installing them in every slot one by one to test them and i noticed that when i install them in last two slots, this issue occurs.
    -I tried using another kit (G.Skill Ripjaws V (8x2) 16GB 2400Mhz) and it gave me the same issue (This kit is also not on the QVL list).
    -Updated my BIOS to the latest version (F10) as of 05/10/2019.
    -Cleared CMOS.
    -Checked to see if there are any bent CPU pins and saw that there were none.

I'm not sure is it because my kit is not supported or there is a problem with the slots. Can anyone confirm it that this kit works with this motherboard? Besides that i'm really out of ideas. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Re: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO Dual Channel Problem

Can you post some clear hi-res macro photos of the socket?

Not being on the qvl does not mean they don't work, they may just not have been tested.

Comment

Unfortunately, my phone camera is really bad and i don't have a camera but i can assure you that there are no bent pins in there. I looked at it and checked for a solid 15-20 minutes with flash on.

Comment

If there are no bent pins, and neither of channel b slots work, than either the motherboard or the cu are defective.
        I'd start with the board rma

Comment

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I managed to take some pictures here they are. I see things looking like stains on the cpu not sure what they are but i'm writing this using my pc atm so i don't think my cpu is broken.

Comment

Just ran a userbenchmark and everything is above expectations expect for the rams, as you can guess it tells me to enable dual channel.

Comment

Are you on latest F10d BIOS......?

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                Are you on latest F10d BIOS......?
                Yes, i'm on the latest BIOS which is F10 that was released on 27/06/2019 according to GIGABYTE's website.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
                  If there are no bent pins, and neither of channel b slots work, than either the motherboard or the cu are defective.
                  I'd start with the board rma
                  Socket looks good.
                  There are sometimes marks on the cpu where they are in contact with the socket pins, nothing to worry about. You can clean it with cotton swab and high percent alcohol.
                  Need to test the cpu in another motherboard, or motherboard with another cpu.
                  If not possible see if you can replace the board with the seller, or open rma request with gigabyte.

Comment

Originally posted by Orinocos View Post
                    Yes, i'm on the latest BIOS which is F10 that was released on 27/06/2019 according to GIGABYTE's website.
                    27/06/2019 is date ,as per GB web page of released BIOS F9 (but real date is 05/06/2019) .

BIOS F10d is released 20/09/2019.

Comment

Guys as an update to the post, just when i was going to RMA it i accidently bent some pins of the CPU while uninstalling the motherboard. Then i proceeded to try to repair it using the Linus' video as a guide. After the repair, i tried installing the rams in dual channel and it worked. I'm writing this in hopes of maybe this will be of help to some people in the future. Thanks to all of you who helped me.

Comment

More likely they were damaged during cpu installation, or even before.
                        As a rule, I inspect every new board I use, and also take pictures, especially of the socket.

Comment

Yes, probably the damage was really small i couldn't see it and thought there were no bent pins. If someone ever comes across this issue, make sure you look really really hard and be sure.

Comment

Yea....good to do your things....must be carefull when inserting your CPU.....

Comment

Working...
                            X