Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X Bios Fail

Originally posted by Chike View Post
    Post is post, you cannot load/start windows tha is a different issue.
    Did you try clean install after flashing latest bios?
    ok i got the terms mixed, i can't boot to windows with any bios other than F3,i don't think i should have to reinstall windows and nearly 2tb of games just for a bios flash,i don't have to do it with F3 as windows boots no problem with F3 giving me a video out signal,is there some reason why reinstalling windows after F10 flash would give me a video out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauldamo View Post
      ok i got the terms mixed, i can't boot to windows with any bios other than F3,i don't think i should have to reinstall windows and nearly 2tb of games just for a bios flash,i don't have to do it with F3 as windows boots no problem with F3 giving me a video out signal,is there some reason why reinstalling windows after F10 flash would give me a video out.
      I am not saying you have to reinstall windows, but there may be something with your specific installation that prevents it from booting with new bios.

Comment

the new bioses don't even let me see the startup or advanced options screen, after i hold power button down to turn off,i get the bios logo with startup repair text screen,then it switches to a black screen with movable cursor,after changing csm,fast boot settings,and when switching off by power button, i can get the bios logo with startup repair screen,then it switches to diagnosing your computer,but then it switches to a black screen with a movable cursor instead of the blue startup or advanced options screen.

Comment

i flashed F11 again for the 3rd go and after a bit of a struggle it actually let me boot to windows,but i don't know how,because i had all the same settings as my previous attempts,which wouldn't work,at the time all i had connected was an SSD with windows,2 sticks of my memory and the graphics card,usually it wouldn't let me get to the blue repair screen with the just start or advanced options,i clicked just restart and it booted to windows,when before all i would get was a black screen with a movable cursor.

Ryzen 7 3700X
          Gigabyte X570 Gaming X AM4 ATX Motherboard
          Corsair 16GB (2X8)3600MHz Vengeance
          Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Windforce 6G OC
          Crucial MX500 2TB 3D NAND SATA SSD
          Samsung 1TB HDD
          2 x 3TB WD Elements HDD
          Windows 10x64 PRO

Comment

Working...
          X