Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI

I only have one shot at getting this exactly right from what I've heard, so would someone please point me to step-by-step instructions for updating my motherboard's BIOS ver F12 to UEFI?

I need instructions for the Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3. Please make the instructions so simple a NOOB could do it without buggering it up. Sorry to sound like such a scaredy-cat, but as I understand it, I only have one shot at this and if I bugger it, my Motherboard is rendered forever useless.

Which files do I need to copy to the bootable flash drive?

These are what I have on the drive currently. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.

Efiflash application 73 KB
    FLASHEFI application 38 KB
    FLASHEFI_autoexec Windows Batch File 1 KB
    Z68XUD3H.U1n

Re: Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI

(Note)
    1. If your BIOS is AWARD BIOS, please use FLASHEFI_autoexec.bat to update U1n BIOS
    2. If you have already updated UEFI BIOS before, please use Efiflash_autoexec.bat to update U1n BIOS

So FLASHEF and Z68XUD3H.U1n

Comment

Originally posted by Will_Crump View Post
      I only have one shot at getting this exactly right from what I've heard, so would someone please point me to step-by-step instructions for updating my motherboard's BIOS ver F12 to UEFI?

I need instructions for the Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3. Please make the instructions so simple a NOOB could do it without buggering it up. Sorry to sound like such a scaredy-cat, but as I understand it, I only have one shot at this and if I bugger it, my Motherboard is rendered forever useless.

Which files do I need to copy to the bootable flash drive?

These are what I have on the drive currently. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.

Efiflash application 73 KB
      FLASHEFI application 38 KB
      FLASHEFI_autoexec Windows Batch File 1 KB
      Z68XUD3H.U1n

Do I use the Q-flash function I see when the system boots up or do I just boot the from the flash drive, which triggers the batch file?

Comment

I just watched a video on YouTube and this guy says he had to use 3 files: FLASHEFI (38 KB APPLICATION), FLASHEFI_autoexec (batch file 1 KB), and Z68XUD3H.U1n (U1N File). Is it 2 or 3 files needed? Now I'm confused.

Comment

Without autoexec (batch file 1 KB) file, you must type "FLASHEFI Z68XUD3H.U1n".
          With autoexec file,no need to type and BIOS will start to flash automaticly.

Comment

Originally posted by Will_Crump View Post
            Do I use the Q-flash function I see when the system boots up or do I just boot the from the flash drive, which triggers the batch file?
            Get Rufus, create a bootable USB flash drive (FreeDOS)
            copy FLASHEFI and Z68XUD3H.U1n to the flash drive
            reboot and press F12 for boot menu
            select the flash drive and press enter
            then
            Originally posted by stasio View Post
            Without autoexec (batch file 1 KB) file, you must type "FLASHEFI Z68XUD3H.U1n".

Comment

Working...
            X