Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-Z87-HD3 - Updated Bios to Run M.2 NVme SSD ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z87-HD3 - Updated Bios to Run M.2 NVme SSD ?

Hello
    I need help to boot from an M.2 NVME disk, now I have the bios F8 version, and I have installed the nvme disk in the PCIEx4 slot, Windows detects it, but does not boot from the NVME disk.

Someone has the bios modified / updated and the boot from the NVME disks has worked, I have read some post from over a year ago but none say it works, does anyone work and has the bios modified?

thank you,

regards
    Last edited by txemi; 07-07-2019, 10:16 AM.

Re: GA-Z87-HD3 - Updated Bios to Run M.2 NVme SSD ?

Originally posted by txemi View Post
    but does not boot from the NVME disk.
    What version of windows do you use, how dd you install it, how exactly it does not boot? (e.g. STOP code)

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      What version of windows do you use, how dd you install it, how exactly it does not boot? (e.g. STOP code)
      thanks for answering, I have installed w10, but the bios does not detect the disk m2 connected to the pcix4, I have read that it is necessary to modify the bios, so that it has support for m2 disks. The Z87 chipset does not have support for m2 ssd, then I would need to modified BIOS?

Thank you,

a greeting
      Last edited by txemi; 07-07-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Gotcha, well t's the BIOS not the chipset, so yeah you need a modified BIOS.

Comment

Gotcha, well t's the BIOS not the chipset, so yeah you need a modified BIOS.

that is, I need a modified bios, you know where I can get it? and if it works

thank you.

regards

Comment

Originally posted by txemi View Post
            that is, I need a modified bios, you know where I can get it? and if it works

thank you.

regards
            Don't know where you can get modified BIOS, there a lot of information >>here<<.

Comment

Don't know where you can get modified BIOS, there a lot of information >>here<<.
              ok, thank you very much, I'll see if I find information.

Thank you,

a greeting

Comment

I'd searched several days to get this answer (to boot via additional pci-ide card, but it's the same - just an other device), so I can make it easy for you ;-)

open regedit,
                go to key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servi ces\stornvme" and change value of DWORD entry "Start" to "0",
                then go to key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servi ces\stornvme\StartOverride" and change value of DWORD entry "0" from "3" to "1".

close, restart and be happy ;-)

Comment

Working...
                X