Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ex58-ud5 wont post

DID I FLASH IT........NO NOT YET

Where can I get the F13. Can you send the hyperlink ?

Comment

Chike. I found where to download F13. Not at home on that pc. right now prob try tomarrow. Especially after reading qflash instructions

Comment

I'll flash the bios sometime tomorrow. Once I download the F13, do I copy it to a floppy disk ( yes I have one of those for time being) then reboot and start qflash direct it to floppy and away I go?

Comment

Or a USB disk on key.

Comment

Chike YAAAA BAAAABY Now BIOS is F13 Now I have to change the CPU It has a i7-920 w/4meg to my i7-970 w/12 meg Don't know when or how soon will change it, but I will tell you. THANK YOU HELPING ME
            Attached Files

Comment

Something wrong I posted with picture but don't see D post

Comment

Chike yaaaaaa Baaaaby now BIOS F13 Not sure when can change CPU from i7-920 4meg to my i7-970 12 meg THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
                Attached Files

Comment

Just a note: I copied the updated bios F13 onto a floppy. Took forever tor read and then refused to do anything. I used a USB flash drive and all went A-OK

Comment

Honestly I cannot remember the last time used a floppy disk, must be around 17 to 20 years ago.

Comment

Question. What would be the steps as far as bios, or mobo setting as I switch CPU? Or the CMOS? I know the issues physical to change CPU

Comment

I had tried the floppy route because I couldn't find my USB drives and I'm gonna leave it in there for a while because I have so many of them still with information I want to see before I deep six them

Comment

You can clear CMOS and/or just load optimized default after replacing CPU, there should be no issue.

Comment

Ok. Thank You. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Hello Havent had chance to work on new build since I updated bios to F13. Havent had chance to swap cpu yet. Been spending time esleware on scratch built Anderton Boat lift in N scale. A few times I did boot up NB (New Build) just to see how fast booted. One thing I made mistake on was incorrectly added password needed for bootup. would like to eliminate that. Not 100% happy with MOBO as LOGO screen on bootup I think is corrupted as its a jumbled mess. It has been like this since day 1. Otherwise happy

Comment

Disable full screen logo

Comment

Working...
                                X