Ex58-ud5 wont post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ex58-ud5 wont post

Does that seem like a good game plan ???

Comment

Not many other choices

Comment

UPDATE. After fixing bent miss aligned pin, I re-installed mobo back into case. Installed my i7-970cpu and minimal connectors to see if on-off-on cycle was gone. SUCESS it gone. Now to go ahead and pickup a i7-920 cup , update bios then reinstall my i7-970

Comment

Does t boot? What is t dong now?

Comment

Comment

first.... Intell i7-920 cpu should arrive Tuesday 5/28 and hope to have that installed within day or two. And Ill be able to finially get into the bios. My plan is to update bios then replace the 920 with my 970. Just not sure when to do update, before windows or after?

Second.....I have a new SSD I want as C or drive that will have operating system on. When I was working on the motherboard I don't recall whitch SATA on motherboard to attach to? This EX58-UD5 has 4 controlled be Gigibyte SATA2/JMB322 AND 6 controlled by ICH10R.

The solid state drive C will only have windows 10 on it. Nothing else.

There are two other "regular" old style sata hard drives I will install programs on those and they too go to one of the above controllers. Question is which MOBO SATA do I connect theses to? Not sure if going to RAID the older drives at this point. Don't have experience setting up a RAID so Im following the KISS approach

Comment

When in doubt the manual is your best friend.
                GA-EX58-UD5 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global
                Is the SSD too small to have the programs on it?
                Last edited by Chike; 05-26-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Comment

Reading thru manual on SATA options. So far I read one controller supports raid 0,1,5,10. And other controller supports raid 0,1and JOBD( what ever that is). Data speed same on both. So it seems if just one drive, then can hook up to either one as long as SATA_0. Still reading

Comment

Although there may be minor differences between the chips both are SATA 2 ports are slower than the SSD.

Comment

IGOR, IT'S ALIVEClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	755241

The 920 arrived few days ago I installed cpu and took few days to get rest hooked up. have issue I think but needs another picture Ill try to put up

Comment

when first turn on and monitor gets signal, I do NOT get the Gigabyte Logo screen as shown in manual. I get this screwed up screen thenI have been pressing "DELETE" button to get into the CMOS

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8510.JPG
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	755242

Comment

AND the only drive attached is the SSD drive and 2 cd dvd drives The ONLY place I can see the SSD drive in HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY It shows no where else, normal? as to no OS or mobo drivers installed yet and no drivers for video card yet either Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8509.JPG
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	755243

Comment

Originally posted by BruceY30 View Post
                              AND the only drive attached is the SSD drive and 2 cd dvd drives The ONLY place I can see the SSD drive in HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY It shows no where else, normal?
                              I really forgot what show on these boards, the DVD drives don't show in boot priority screen?
                              Who use DVD drives today anyway?
                              What BIOS you have installed there?

You should be able to take a screen capture of BIOS by pressing F12 I think while a FAT32 USB drive s plugged in, if not try to make them larger, and landscape not portrait.

Comment

Press F12 instead of delete?

Comment

Working...
                                X