Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Rev. 1.6

Hello forum,

I am new here and this is my first post about to have your opinions about the problem I faced. I bought second hand EX58-UD3R mainboard for a project and need to flash the bios to latest FK version.

Please refer the link of official Gigabyte website https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-EX58-UD3R-rev-16#support-dl-bios

Unfortunately after FI version Beta FJ18 and FK version bios (1MB+) size is more than earlier version (0,68MB) bioses. I tried to flash this through Q flash but it gave bios size error as expeted and searched on Gigabye site and it says this is only possible FLASHSPI or @Bios

" * Please use the latest @BIOS or FLASHSPI.EXE to reflash BIOS "

I made bootable DOS USB and copied requirted both Beta and FK bios version in it. Last night i tried Dos way through FLASHSPI and it gave same error and could not flash the Bios. This is completely absurd because Gigabyte official page says it can be flashed by two optional way after Beta bios but it does not!

The main problem of me I have no installed windows on harddisk and can not install @Bios but this is really shame to be sticked to Windows operating system and this is the only way to flash latest Bios.

Do you have any idea about running (live) windows 7 usb sticks. Can we install @Bios on flash drive without fresh windows install on any hard drive? Or no luck without windows install?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Re: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Rev. 1.6

Well only option for me; i flashed to latest Bios through @Bios. Of course I needed to install Windows 10 system before doing it and took my extra 30min. I also bought an extra (used) harddrive to make this possible.

P.S The reason I needed to flash to latest bios was because of 6 core Xeon processor (new microcodes) support.

Comment

Working...
    X