No announcement yet.

Need help after installing Gigabyte GA AX370-Gaming 5 mobo ....nothing showing up on monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help after installing Gigabyte GA AX370-Gaming 5 mobo ....nothing showing up on monitor

Just upgraded my computer with the above mobo, and CPU is Ryzen 5, and G-Skill Flare (2x8GB) 16GB RAM (DDR4-2400).
    Hooked everything up.
    Powered on.
    Lights (LEDs) came on as expected, and got the system single 'beep'.
    HDD light was working, showing the hardrive being accessed.
    However no video display whatsoever.
    IOW, never gave me the option to access CMOS with the "delete" key press.
    I pressed it anyway...thinking something would trigger the display, but nothing.
    Naturally I checked all my pluggin's...but nothing.
    Now I'm at a loss. Probably something I'm overlooking, but atm I'm clueless.
    Tried using the onboard GPU, then installed my Radeon RX560 GPU. All with no luck.
    Before I upgraded the Radeon was working fine, so I don't think it's the GPU.
    Can anyone help me? FYI, this is not my first computer build...
    Last edited by Laser250; 04-03-2018, 12:45 PM. Reason: duplicate paste needs to be deleted

Re: Need help after installing Gigabyte GA AX370-Gaming 5 mobo ....nothing showing up on monitor

Which Ryzen 5 CPU do you have installed? Also, what ram slots do you have the 2 sticks installed on?

Comment

Re: Need help after installing Gigabyte GA AX370-Gaming 5 mobo ....nothing showing up on monitor

What monitor you have and which connector you plug it in?

Comment

Originally posted by InspectahACE View Post
        Which Ryzen 5 CPU do you have installed? Also, what ram slots do you have the 2 sticks installed on?
        They're installed, according to the manual for Dual Channel mode, DDR4_1 and DDR4_2 sockets. The sockets are, from right to left >>
        DDR4_4, then DDR_2, then DDR_3, then DDR_1, according to the manual.

Note: I downloaded the manual from the internet, since the box with the mobo did not include the manual.
        The manual is for the above mobo (Rev. 1002)-12ME-AX37GM5-1002R

NOTE: includes corrected far right DDR_ socket.

Comment

Originally posted by InspectahACE View Post
          mobo: Gigabyte Auros GA-AX370-Gaming 5
          CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500x
          GPU: Radeon RX560
          PSU: 850W
          Monitor: DVI-D outlet
          RAM: 16GB (2x8GB)-G-Skill Flare 2400 (part no. F4-2400C15D-16GFXR)
          BIOS: F3 ? not sure since I haven't been able to get to CMOS to check...and manual didn't come in mobo box.

Thanks for helping.

Comment

Working...
          X