Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very weird possible Gigabyte App Center issue (related to screen issue)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very weird possible Gigabyte App Center issue (related to screen issue)?

To start I've been searching for an answer for over two weeks now. Most people never heard of this issue. I'm desperate at this point.

On to the question. I built a new rig last December. All parts were new, except a secondary HD thats for storage (though its only 3 years old). So I had this weird issue a few weeks ago where when I would start a program like photoshop, a game...etc the screen would scramble sometimes. Or the screen would freeze up (though I could see my cursor move around with no problem). I replaced my video card assuming that was it. Didn't fix it. Then I replaced my monitor, which seemed to have fixed it. Which was great.

After about 2 days a new issue happened. I can't explain this easily but pretend you took a screenshot of your screen right now (with whatever browsers/programs you have open. Obviously this screenshot would take a picture of that moment in time of your screen. The taskbar, browser/site you were looking at, any programs running...etc. So now imagine every few hours as your doing whatever on your pc, that screenshot popped up for about 4 seconds. You can't click anything you see, but you can move your cursor just fine. Then after the 4 seconds it goes back to your current screen. Thats what is happening essentially. It keeps showing me basically my desktop as it was hours ago, like a frozen moment in time. Then it goes away. I mean this isn't freezing up anything, nothing really happens. When I watch youtube and what not, the audio still can be heard for example during the glitch.

Its really odd and I have never seen anything like this. I did update Windows, video drivers, monitor drivers...etc. I've scandisked and defragged my drives. I did update the App Center for the Gigabyte motherboard. Like I said its not the end of the world but its still annoying when it happens just because you have to stop what your doing for a few seconds. As for what I did around the time all this stuff happened was nothing really. Haven't added anything new. Haven't removed anything. Though its when I did get a new screen and tried using two monitors (just for fun, don't use two now). Only thing I do sometimes is go here and delete everything (well that it lets me delete of course): C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp

So why do I think its the motherboard/app center? Well whenever I open the apps on there, this glitch happens every time. Nothing else on my PC causes it to happen like that every time. Any ideas? Can I simply uninstall the app center? Or is essential for my motherboard/PC to work? I should point out that while I am a PC geek, I don't have alot of understanding of motherboards. I actually had to have my friend install the motherboard and hook everything up.

Re: Very weird possible Gigabyte App Center issue (related to screen issue)?

Hi,

I've not come across this issue before and it is very strange.

In answer to your main question, yes, you can safely uninstall the App Centre software.

On a personal note, I have never used any of the Gigabyte "extra" app centre stuff as I have always found it to be very glitchy and heavy on space and resources.

Hope this helps and if uninstalling the app centre and related programs cures your problem, please let us know.
    Chassis: Xigmatek Elysium - Mobo: GA-AX370-Gaming K7 - PSU: Corsair AXi 760 Watt Modular
    CPU: AMD Ryzen7 1800 X - Cooler: Raystorm Waterblock (AM4) - RAM: Corsair Vengeance Black 32Gb running at 2400MHz
    GPU: Palit Geforce GTX 1050Ti - Monitor: 27" Dell U2713HM
    Storage: Samsung M.2 NVMe 500Gb, Corsair Force GS 250Gb SSD, SanDisk 250Gb SSD
    ODD: Pioneer BD-RW writer - Keyboard: Logitech K800; Logitech Touchpad T650 - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Comment

Originally posted by absic View Post
      Hi,

I've not come across this issue before and it is very strange.

In answer to your main question, yes, you can safely uninstall the App Centre software.

On a personal note, I have never used any of the Gigabyte "extra" app centre stuff as I have always found it to be very glitchy and heavy on space and resources.

Hope this helps and if uninstalling the app centre and related programs cures your problem, please let us know.
      Hmm didn't seem to help. However I did find that it actually glitches too when ever I change a window size. For example I was opened solitaire and clicked on the side to drag it bigger and after I let go the glitch happened. So I opened word and tried changing its size to, the glitch happened. This is a weird problem!

Comment

I didn't uninstall it just yet because I just switched to a new user account on the PC I made and the problem seems to go away. So maybe its not something with Gigabyte and something instead with my user account on Win7.

Comment

Oddly enough I fixed it. I moved my video card to another PCI-E slot and now I no longer have the glitch. Can PCI-E slots screw up over time? Only had this motherboard under a year.

Comment

Working...
          X