No announcement yet.

Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Force (rev. 1.0) DO NOT use BIOS version F22 from the offical Gigabyte website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Force (rev. 1.0) DO NOT use BIOS version F22 from the offical Gigabyte website

You guys at Gigabyte need to pull BIOS version F22 from your website. This will brick users/customers GA-X99-SOC Force motherboards.

F22 has been recently added on 2017/06/22 to Gigabyte offical website for the Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Force (rev. 1.0). Best removed it before others end up with same problem.

Only F20 will work. Beta version F22h will work too, which I have been running for awhile now in the past.

GA-X99-SOC Force (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE

Only way I could get the system to even go pass code 55, was to put F20 on an USB drive and let it backwards update, through the last ditch recovery method.

Once backwards to F20, I then attempt to reflash again to F22, this bricked the motherboard again. I attempt to flash via USB recovery mode (no RAM installed), this also bricked the motherboard, same code 55 error (does not matter is RAM is install or not, code 55 regardless).

For the record, I disconnected every device from the motherboard, all SATA and USB, used different RAM etc, spend many hours attemping to find out what the problem is.

Also should this matter, BIOS version F20 is named "X99SOCF.F20" and BIOS version F22 is named "X99SF.F22" without the "OC" in the middle. All other BIOS have OC in the BIOS bin name, whereas F22 has not, is it possible the incorrect BIOS version has been uploaded to the Gigabyte website?

Re: Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Force (rev. 1.0) DO NOT use BIOS version F22 from the offical Gigabyte website

Hi,

The same thing happened to me so now my MB doesn't work.

Do you have a link to a quick guide or would you be so kind to describe the steps that I have to do to revert back to the F20 BIOS?

Best regards

Comment

Re: Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Force (rev. 1.0) DO NOT use BIOS version F22 from the offical Gigabyte website

Hi,

The same thing happened to me so now my MB doesn't work.

How did you pass code 55? How did you downgrade your BIOS to F20?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi guys!
        Gigabyte Brazil solve my problem and I'm here to share with you:

Follow these simple steps:

GIGABYTE Q-FLASH PLUS (LED Flash):

Download the latest version of bios, then rename the blank file and place the extension as (BIN). Example (GIGABYTE.BIN)

Go to the pen drive in FAT32 format and put on the motherboard without memory or without processor (Blank USB)

Wait for the Q-Flash LED to blink (ON SOME PLATES THE LED MAY FLASH AFTER 4 RESET)

When the LED is static, the update process is finished.

Disconnect the card and remove the pen drive and turn on the card (in this step the LED will remain static and will only be erased when you start Recovery)

Wait for BIOS Recovery

Ready !!! The System will restart normally and start the S.O. with updated BIOS.

I hope this help you guys and other future people with this problem! bye!

Comment

Working...
        X