GA-X99m Gaming 5 USB-3 Devices Disconnect When Gaming Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X99m Gaming 5 USB-3 Devices Disconnect When Gaming Online

I've been having issues with my motherboard disconnecting all my USB devices while playing online games ever since I built my computer in July this year. Specs are:

i7-5820k @ 4.3ghz
    Gigabyte X99m Gaming 5 with F23 BIOS
    16GB DDR4-2400 RAM
    XFX R9 Fury X
    EVGA 850 P2
    250GB Samsung 850 EVO
    128GB Corsair Force LX
    2TB WD Green

My affected USB devices are:

Mionix Naos 7000
    Samson Meteor USB Mic
    Netgear N600 wireless receiver
    NPKC KC60 keyboard

These are all connected whenever I play games, and nothing else. I've tried disconnecting each device and trying, although it will not yield any results due to needing the receiver plugged in to play online (I can't run ethernet because of how far the system is from the modem). Single player offline games do not cause issues, youtube, web browsing, streaming do not cause disconnects. It's strictly only when playing online games. I've done 2 clean reinstallations of Windows 10 Pro, and set all the power settings to "do not shut off to save power" or whatever the phrasing is. I'm at my wits end about it all and missed my RMA window with GB to replace my motherboard.

This never happened with my other builds and I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the motherboard. Can anyone here shed some light on what the issue may be, or how to fix it, or even if someone has had or read a similar issue?

Re: GA-X99m Gaming 5 USB-3 Devices Disconnect When Gaming Online

Originally posted by Zapablast05 View Post
    I've been having issues with my motherboard disconnecting all my USB devices while playing online games ever since I built my computer in July this year. Specs are:

i7-5820k @ 4.3ghz
    Gigabyte X99m Gaming 5 with F23 BIOS
    16GB DDR4-2400 RAM
    XFX R9 Fury X
    EVGA 850 P2
    250GB Samsung 850 EVO
    128GB Corsair Force LX
    2TB WD Green

My affected USB devices are:

Mionix Naos 7000
    Samson Meteor USB Mic
    Netgear N600 wireless receiver
    NPKC KC60 keyboard

These are all connected whenever I play games, and nothing else. I've tried disconnecting each device and trying, although it will not yield any results due to needing the receiver plugged in to play online (I can't run ethernet because of how far the system is from the modem). Single player offline games do not cause issues, youtube, web browsing, streaming do not cause disconnects. It's strictly only when playing online games. I've done 2 clean reinstallations of Windows 10 Pro, and set all the power settings to "do not shut off to save power" or whatever the phrasing is. I'm at my wits end about it all and missed my RMA window with GB to replace my motherboard.

This never happened with my other builds and I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the motherboard. Can anyone here shed some light on what the issue may be, or how to fix it, or even if someone has had or read a similar issue?

How far are you from the modem? and what modem is it, wireless at a distance is not ideal for gaming TBH, try getting closer and try Ethernet, it would iron out a lot of the equation of errors.

Regards

Comment

The modem is an Actiontec one from Frontier (I can't remember the model off the top of my head) downstairs in the living room hooked up to my in-law's computer via Ethernet. I've tried two different Wi-Fi receivers that worked flawlessly and never dropped my connection with an Asrock Z97m motherboard. I can try taking my PC downstairs and connecting via ethernet.

The strange thing is that while gaming online, all USB devices turn off for a couple of seconds and then turn back on. I lose complete KB+M control, power to them toggles on and off with the lights flashing, and the device disconnect/reconnect tone plays for each device. If I stream Netflix, Youtube, Twitch, or anything that requires continuous connection to the internet, it doesn't happen. It's odd that it only happens with online games.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapablast05 View Post
        The modem is an Actiontec one from Frontier (I can't remember the model off the top of my head) downstairs in the living room hooked up to my in-law's computer via Ethernet. I've tried two different Wi-Fi receivers that worked flawlessly and never dropped my connection with an Asrock Z97m motherboard. I can try taking my PC downstairs and connecting via ethernet.

The strange thing is that while gaming online, all USB devices turn off for a couple of seconds and then turn back on. I lose complete KB+M control, power to them toggles on and off with the lights flashing, and the device disconnect/reconnect tone plays for each device. If I stream Netflix, Youtube, Twitch, or anything that requires continuous connection to the internet, it doesn't happen. It's odd that it only happens with online games.

That does not sound right at all, have you tried the latest bios? F24b, update the drivers?. If that does not work, RMA it, it should be within warranty as you built it July 2016,(here in the UK we get 12 Months Warranty by Law), a bit of a bummer really.

But don't bang your head too much, it does hurt

Regards

Comment

You know, just as I was beginning to disconnect my PC to take downstairs, I realized that my in-law's monitor uses a VGA cable...and all my extra cables are in storage at the moment. I use displayport on my monitor. There goes that idea....Now I'm really going to bang my head hard

I think I'll just have to submit another RMA. I did that back in September but missed the 30 day window because I couldn't be without a computer at the time. I hope they'll let me reopen for an RMA. I have 3 years I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman007 View Post
            That does not sound right at all, have you tried the latest bios? F24b, update the drivers?. If that does not work, RMA it, it should be within warranty as you built it July 2016,(here in the UK we get 12 Months Warranty by Law), a bit of a bummer really.

But don't bang your head too much, it does hurt

Regards
            Okay, so I finally got onto an ethernet connection and my USB devices still only disconnect while gaming which is odd. Also on a side note, I can't space out my typing when I reply on the forum. I had to pretype this in notepad....

Comment

Working...
            X