No announcement yet.

GA-Z170MX-Gami​ng 5 - Keyboard not seen in bios after latest firmware update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z170MX-Gami​ng 5 - Keyboard not seen in bios after latest firmware update

Hi,

GA-Z170MX-Gami​ng 5

i7 6700K
    Logitech g510s keyboard

USB Keyboard (Logi g510s) worked fine with bios F4, but with the latest (F20b) suddenly the keyboard isn't active until Windows kicks in. Strange thing is--the keyboard IS seen by the Bios in the USB settings section (it reports a keyboard attached) but no key responses whatsoever while in bios or to get in to bios (power is definitely on to the keyboard as demonstrated by it being lit). Tried every USB port on the board--Same.

Attached a wireless kb and it works fine.

Mouse always works fine. Detached other USB devices-same situation.

And, again--this keyboard worked with previous Bios, no problem.

Legacy Bios enabled, xhci handoff enabled. Not sure what else to check.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix--assuming there is a fix for this version of the Bios? (Otherwise, the F20b BIOS is a FANTASTIC improvement-both GUI-wise and support for my Ram/Processor-wise. XMP profile actually works with my 3200mhz ram now! So, no going back even if I have to always have another keyboard handy.)

Thanks,

-Daniel

<script>window.post_1477835367067_8 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*");}</script><script>window.post_1477835367940_33 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*");}</script><script>window.post_1477835847181_8 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*");}</script><script>window.post_1477835848487_33 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*");}</script>

Re: GA-Z170MX-Gami​ng 5 - Keyboard not seen in bios after latest firmware update

I have a similair problem with my Z170x Gaming 7, Beta Bios F20E and D causes my Logitech
    wireless Keyboard and Mouse to Freeze and Windwos becomes unresponsive.

Comment

Re: GA-Z170MX-Gami​ng 5 - Keyboard not seen in bios after latest firmware update

OK, after setting up my wife's computer--same issue with a different gaming keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65.

So, seems to be a real problem with F20b and some keyboards.

Comment

Anyone know if F20 (the non-beta) bios flash fixes this keyboard problem?

It would be nice if the gigabyte rep let us know if that was part of the official release changes...

Comment

Working...
        X