Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-z170x Using a Headset with in line Mic (Gaming)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-z170x Using a Headset with in line Mic (Gaming)

Okay so firstly I purchase this motherboard because it specifically had the name and gaming in it. I'm trying to use the same headset that I used to use for Xbox. It isn't an Xbox branded headset, they are high quality V-Moda M100's. The headset has an inline gaming boom mic, with an inline toggle switch to mute the mic. It came with a split adapter which allows me to plug in the headsets 3.5mm adapter into a splitter that has to 3.5 millimeter Jack's on the other side. I plug one into the mic Jack on the front panel of my case and it pops up asking what it is that I've plugged in and I select mic. I then plug in the other 3.5 millimeter Jack from the splitter into the headphone 3.5 millimeter connection on the front panel of my case and it brings up another prompt where I choose headphone. I'm getting good sound from the game through the headphones however when I move the little toggle switch to unmute my mic the sound becomes distant and highly distorted. Additionally no one can hear me on the mic. I've tried messing around with multiple settings of the Realtek adapter. I've also tried looking for settings in the sound blaster x-fi software. But alas I cannot seem to have both the mic and the headphone working at the same time. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong and I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me figure this out. After all it is supposedly a pro gaming motherboard . Thanks

Re: GA-z170x Using a Headset with in line Mic (Gaming)

Is this site somewhat depracated? For a current z170 skylake board I would would have expected some sort of response (not being impatient, just unusual observation).
    I called tech support today and we went through a few troubleshooting steps (plug in wire/pull out wire) that didn't really help at all. They were quick to suggest I just send the board back, since there aren't any diagnostic tools available to test hardware.
    I'm just not convinced there's anything wrong with the board since I've read similar issues on the gaming 5 and gaming 7 boards. It's almost certainly software driven.
    I've bought an Asus Xonar sound card which will bypass all this garbage and for $38 it's worth it for me to not have to tear down my PC as that's a several hour job to put in a new board, package up and go mail the old one etc. Especially as I don't think the problem will be resolved with getting a new gaming 3 board.
    Just a shame that these companies don't fess up to their mistakes and play dumb when clearly there are issues.

Comment

Working...
    X