Gigabyte Gaming 7 Sound distortion issue help request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Gaming 7 Sound distortion issue help request

Just finished my new build, everything has been flawless, and I love the gigabyte brand, however my sound is all distorted.

Here is the completed build Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX (2-Way SLI), SPEC-ALPHA ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker .

The sound worked great for a day, but now when playing music part of the audio is really really clear, however, any vocals are all distorted. Both left and right outputs work, but it's like a channel is not. This MOBO has a creative Core sound chip.

Things I have tried:
    - Front and rear jacks
    - Different speakers
    - Different media, i.e MP3, youtube, amazon music all the same result.
    - Uninstalled and re-installed drivers (from the Gigabyte webpage, I could not find a more updated driver on the creative website)
    - When using a display port sound output to my monitor, it sounds fine (crappy speakers though)

I updated the bios to F8 before installing the OS (flashed just fine)

Everything else has been great with this build, any ideas? THANK YOU!!!!
    Last edited by burnthru; 07-18-2016, 07:52 AM. Reason: fixed line breaks

Re: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Sound distortion issue help request

I am not sure how to delete this thread... but... it sure helps if the cables on the subwoofer are plugged in all the way.

This Gaming 7 board is FANTASTIC by the way, I installed another Z170 board from another MFR recently and it was defiantly not a Hero "ahem"..

Admin please delete or leave up for others to learn.

Thank you TT.

Comment

Re: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Sound distortion issue help request

It is a common problem with the driver from soundblaster, try PAX modified drivers, it has helped me and 100's of others from that dreaded loud distorted noise that randomly happens without any warning.

PAX drivers: Gigabyte Z170 Recon3D Drivers...help | Hardware Heaven Forums

Install with driver compatibility mode off or they will not install.

Comment

Working...
      X