Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricked GA-P55-USB3L rev 1.0 BIOS F3 > F8 (@BIOS &stupid #noob !help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bricked GA-P55-USB3L rev 1.0 BIOS F3 > F8 (@BIOS &stupid #noob !help)

Hi There To All Good People Of Tweaktown,

NEEED HELP. First of all, I know with hindsight I was stupid and a noob in flashing a BIOS but it was late. I had my system up and running. And thought it was wise to use the @BIOS program to screw myself. Okay I thought I was getting some extra which I clearly did not need. Since I jumped up from a T9800(laptop) to a X3450 whoopee. Time for some overclocking and gaming, what else is a fancy rig that does millions computational thingies to make everything go on our screens per second.

My setup GA-P55-USB3L rev 1.0
    intel xeon X3450 4x2 gb DDR3 pc3-10600 M branded product of singapore
    MSI GTS 250 512 mb
    Crucial BX100 250 gb
    MS tech 750 watt v2.3
    Windows 7(still doing first scan/check of update in the background(did not see a list of all updates to do yet(just had it up and running ;) )))

What I did wrong: Was using the @bios thing because I could not get it to work from hdd/ssd and or a usb. It would not recognize anything in qflash. No hdd or usb drive. So I was stubborn and went for @bios. Because only 4 out of 8 gb of RAM were recognized in windows and my bios setup menu. It worked great and fast in windows. And like a good guy I did the automatic immediate reboot. And then it went silent. Like wow, nothing, I remembered something about pc's doing this, it should be okay. And it was. It came back. All the fans went on. But no screen. Left it on, saw the phase leds all burning. So I left it on, it should have DUAL bios kicking in. After 20 minutes I killed it via 7 second switch. Now it only does all fans startup up to normal speed. And keep all the phase leds going. No screen, nothing, no POST at all. And you may bash me for it, but I do not have a speaker, so no beeps to let you or me know what's up.

Did overlook some of the things one this forum including a power on test like the one provided here seventh post: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...-i-do-now.html Tried that a couple of times, still no luck. Will be willing to do soldering, switching, whatever DIY solutions there are. Or if you are a dutchy from closeby and have a spare laying around lga1156 who wants to hook me up. Looking for the best way to fix/if possible my problem.
    Last edited by Smurfepower; 07-16-2016, 10:10 AM. Reason: Make it readable.

Re: Bricked GA-P55-USB3L rev 1.0 BIOS F3 > F8 (@BIOS &stupid #noob !help)

Originally posted by Smurfepower View Post
    Hi There To All Good People Of Tweaktown, NEEED HELP. First of all, I know with hindsight I was stupid and a noob in flashing a BIOS but it was late. I had my system up and running. And thought it was wise to use the @BIOS program to screw myself. Okay I thought I was getting some extra which I clearly did not need. Since I jumped up from a T9800(laptop) to a X3450 whoopee. Time for some overclocking and gaming, what else is a fancy rig that does millions computational thingies to make everything go on our screens per second. My setup GA-P55-USB3L rev 1.0 intel xeon X3450 4x2 gb DDR3 pc3-10600 M branded product of singapore MSI GTS 250 512 mb Crucial BX100 250 gb MS tech 750 watt v2.3 Windows 7(still doing first scan/check of update in the background(did not see a list of all updates to do yet(just had it up and running ;) ))) What I did wrong: Was using the @bios thing because I could not get it to work from hdd/ssd and or a usb. It would not recognize anything in qflash. No hdd or usb drive. So I was stubborn and went for @bios. Because only 4 out of 8 gb of RAM were recognized in windows and my bios setup menu. It worked great and fast in windows. And like a good guy I did the automatic immediate reboot. And then it went silent. Like wow, nothing, I remembered something about pc's doing this, it should be okay. And it was. It came back. All the fans went on. But no screen. Left it on, saw the phase leds all burning. So I left it on, it should have DUAL bios kicking in. After 20 minutes I killed it via 7 second switch. Now it only does all fans startup up to normal speed. And keep all the phase leds going. No screen, nothing, no POST at all. And you may bash me for it, but I do not have a speaker, so no beeps to let you or me know what's up. Did overlook some of the things one this forum including a power on test like the one provided here seventh post: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...-i-do-now.html Tried that a couple of times, still no luck. Will be willing to do soldering, switching, whatever DIY solutions there are. Or if you are a dutchy from closeby and have a spare laying around lga1156 who wants to hook me up. Looking for the best way to fix/if possible my problem.
    Go to another computer and build a bootable USB with rufus https://rufus.akeo.ie/ and then copy the correct BIOS and flash utility. On your computer, try clearing the CMOS, then remove the battery for an hour and see if that will get you to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt View Post
      Go to another computer and build a bootable USB with rufus https://rufus.akeo.ie/ and then copy the correct BIOS and flash utility. On your computer, try clearing the CMOS, then remove the battery for an hour and see if that will get you to boot.
      Will do that, but ehm, how does it work? Which usb port do I need to use. I do not have a POST or any screen, so do I press a button? Had a look at the link, but cannot find a clear way of how to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfepower View Post
        Will do that, but ehm, how does it work? Which usb port do I need to use. I do not have a POST or any screen, so do I press a button? Had a look at the link, but cannot find a clear way of how to use it.
        Ok, if you have no POST, then you are stuck. I assume you've tried clearing the CMOS, pulling the battery, etc? If you can't POST, you are stuck. Unless someone else has a suggestion, you should open a case with Gigabyte to send the board back for repair.

Comment

Re: Bricked GA-P55-USB3L rev 1.0 BIOS F3 > F8 (@BIOS &stupid #noob !help) IT WORKS!!!! ty tweaktown forum

Ok, update, and this one suprises me, it works!!!!

As normal it is supposed to be. Like press the button and start in one time. The whole shabang. And now as how I got it working again. And please let me know what happened and or how/why.(See ?1? requests to fill in)

First off, I had no post/bios at all. Then after some trial and error and some hints on the forum here. I came to the stunning conclusion that keeping the reset button pressed down while starting the machine(this tip should be like somewhere on the top pages). Would cause some some sort of backup recovery to start.?1? Which gave me a post and then bios. So from that point on I thought I was there. Pressed all the ram in(after shutting down)/cd-rom/hdd and pressed start. Still even after updating it would not boot up normally(yesterday). I did install windows and some updates too. And today it would just wham do it's thang ?2?.

So although no direct help from any replies/they did provide me with other idea's though. The forum did help me a lot and I will let keep browsing, maybe even posting some of my struggles to get overclocking. Only got a coolermaster 6heatpipe (one 12mm fan, can add one) atm on a i7 920 on a MSI X58 pro @ 3.6 ghz(This is not the system the thread was for, still need to start OC'ing this one too). Not much and not really overclock since there is this cute three button thing that toggles it to 200 mhz. So have a blast at me and then let me know what I need to do(any good clock settings/which watercooler?). Will look into all the posts here on what to do/what works and naturally how to properly do it/fix it not if but when if ff it up.

Thank you so much for getting my system running!!!!

Edit - Clarified some thingies
          Last edited by Smurfepower; 08-09-2016, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X