Clear All

• M.2 Raid 0 issues on Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3

Putting together a new system with the following specs:
    Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3
    I7 6700K (h110i GTX cooler)
    x2 SM951 NVME (Raid 0)
    x4 8Gb Corsair Vengeance
    840 EVO 256GB SSD
    GTX 1080 (still waiting for availability)
    Windows 10 pro 64

So I did my research before attempting to create the raid 0 configuration and installed the minimal hardware to get my m.2 raid setup as the boot device including using the integrated graphics rather than a card. I had no issues using the usb to load windows, but did have to update the raid drivers.

Ok, so everything is good. I got Windows up and running, updated all of the drivers and Windows. Benchmarked the drives and everything seems groovy.

I am still waiting on the gtx1080 to become available, but decided to install an old Radeon 9650 I had laying around. I try booting, but the raid configuration is no longer available. I go into the bios and notice that the csm support is enabled again. So, I disable it and save the changes, but no good, I go back into the BIOS and it is enabled again.

I have the graphics card in the 16x slot, so I think maybe the m.2 are using 8x PCIe (just guessing) channels and figure I will try out the 8x PCIe slot; same thing.

I have not read where I cannot install a graphic card with an m.2 raid 0 configuration, so not sure what to do.

Any ideas?

Re: M.2 Raid 0 issues on Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3

When I Upgraded to a Z170X Gaming 7 and decided to use my old/current NVidia GTX 670 while I wait for the new current/next Gen Graphics cards I found out I had to update my graphic card bios so it fully supported the motherboards GOP UEFI bios sounds like you maybe having a similar issue with your ATI graphics card... and I presume you meant ATI HD 6950 rather 9650 ;-)

Peter

Comment

Working...
    X