New GA 170 HD3P Hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GA 170 HD3P Hanging

Just bought a GA Z170-HD3P, I5 6500, 16 Gb memory and assembled all this with a fresh new SSD. Loaded a real licenced Windows 10. All seemed well runs very fast.
    Connected Ethernet at 1Gbs

After a few hours and several reboots as data was moved onto the new ssd system hung hard. Nothing worked no key combos nothing. Rebooted set the machine to run Task manager and performance monitor with the display set to be on permanently. Hung every few hours once it ran for 20 hours.

Read the mobo manual went to the Gigabyte site. The board was running F2 bios that almost predated Windws 10 so I carefully updated to F5.

So I can return this kit to the store for replacement within 14 days and I have a week to go. Has anyone got any knowledge of whether it it liable to be the motherboard cpu or memory?

The psu is a 500 watt one that has been in use for over a year and when the machine hangs the LEDs are still on.
    I checked cpu temp immediately on reboot after one of these hangs and the bios tells me 29 deg G .

Any advice welcome!

Re: New GA 170 HD3P Hanging

A few hours later... been running Memtest86 and I suspect that the memory chips are not the problem and I guess the cpu is happy to run the memtest program.

I am thinking that tomorrow I'll clear the disks and reload Windows 10.

Comment

Working...
    X