• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU - HDMI firmware update issue

Originally posted by elc00l View Post
    I also cleared CMOS and it didn't help.
    therobot how did you check this? :

1. Check to see if my motherboard has the firmware already updated with the BOM being I/C/F7A177 00540

The BOM there should be an sticker around the PCIe slot area. It was really hard to see but its there.

Comment

Originally posted by therobot View Post
      The BOM there should be an sticker around the PCIe slot area. It was really hard to see but its there.
      I've got there: 1/E/F7A287 01148

Comment

I've got there: 1/E/F7A287 01148
        Heres mine, 1/E/F7A287 01212. The newer models that have the BOM as I/C/F7A177 00540 should already be upgraded.

Comment

Tried today to do the update on Windows 7 Pro. The same issue...

Isn't it possible that somebody from Gigabyte support look at this issue, please? Can we at least have a feeling that somebody cares?

Comment

Tried today to do the update on Windows 7 Pro. The same issue...

Isn't it possible that somebody from Gigabyte support look at this issue, please? Can we at least have a feeling that somebody cares?
            I have this same problem, BTW, with the ASROCK Z710 ITX board. I cannot for the life of me get this silly firmware update to run. I do not have anything in the system other than the onboard graphics for video out and I get the same error as you guys.

Also YES this board does have the extra chipset to support 4k 60hz as your board does. In fact on the ASROCK website it says that this update is required yet it will not install. So frustrating!

Comment

You won't believe but I managed to do this update yesterday, finally!
              I told myself that I'll try one more time with monitor connected to onboard HDMI port (using DVI/HDMI adapter) and it did it. No more 'System connecting ... failed!' message when something is connected to HDMI!
              I tried also earlier with DVI/HDMI adapter but I think it was when I had some leftovers in the system after AMD graphics which I inserted for a short time and in log file I got: 'Graphics adapter initialization - AMD: done!'.
              This time when according to logs only 'Intel (LS-PCON)' had initialized plus display was connected to HDMI port it was successful.

Give it a try also and let here know if it's working.

Comment

You won't believe but I managed to do this update yesterday, finally!
                I told myself that I'll try one more time with monitor connected to onboard HDMI port (using DVI/HDMI adapter) and it did it. No more 'System connecting ... failed!' message when something is connected to HDMI!
                I tried also earlier with DVI/HDMI adapter but I think it was when I had some leftovers in the system after AMD graphics which I inserted for a short time and in log file I got: 'Graphics adapter initialization - AMD: done!'.
                This time when according to logs only 'Intel (LS-PCON)' had initialized plus display was connected to HDMI port it was successful.

Give it a try also and let here know if it's working.
                My TV is already connected to the onboard HDMI port. I even just wiped the computer to try that again, no dice. :/

Comment

I finally figured out my issue. I had to be sure that I had ZERO other display adapters installed on the computer. In my case I was using onboard video, but I had a TightVNC driver installed (similar to LogMeIn's or TeamViewer's) and that caused the problem. I uninstalled that, rebooted and then I was able to update. I was unfortunately not able to display 4K @ 60hz but at least that part is past.

Comment

Finally got it to work, thank you elc00l. I had to uninstall all my amd drivers, remove my graphics card, reset the motherboard then reset windows 10. Had my hdmi cable connected to my monitor only and installed megachips. Resetting windows 10 seems to remove all associated files with amd that conflicted with megachips. Resetting also helped get my thunderbolt get up to date. I also noticed when i go security and maintenance under view reliability history. A process called creative high definition service, a service called CtHdaSvc.exe keeps crashing. Wondering if you guys have this problem also? I just went to command prompt and deleted the service. Havent had any problems since then.

Comment

Great to hear you are also successful with this :)
                      I forgot to mention that maybe using Display Driver Uninstaller which removes AMD/Nvidia drivers leftovers in the system would be enough for you to use and resetting windows 10 wouldn't be necessary.
                      I don't have problems with CtHdaSvc.exe but for a change reliability history shows OcButtonService.exe (Gigabyte EasyTune?) stopped working, however I haven't noticed any bad symptoms because of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X