Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Easy Tune app in App Center uses the AMD Dual Optimizer exe in order to Overclock the Skylake Prosessor was this the only way they could do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Easy Tune app in App Center uses the AMD Dual Optimizer exe in order to Overclock the Skylake Prosessor was this the only way they could do this

Well I hunted down the culprit to the Startup instance of the AMD Dual Core optimizer and sure enough it is loaded
    by the Easy Tune app and OC subapp for the App center.

It says it is OCing my processor and CPU-Z detects the Clock it is set too but was this the only way Gigabyte
    could do this? I mean Skylake is NOT AMD. So now I have many many instances of AMD related files on my computer.
    If i disable the AMD_dc_opt.exe in Startup then the Easy tune app OC portion does NOT run.

I believe when I shut down from time to time that this program may be causing the hang. Anyone know anything about this?
    My Awesome new Windows 10 Pro Computer:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming GT
    Processor - Skylake i5 6600K
    Memory - G Skill RipJaws V 3200 DDR4 designed for the Z170 chipset 16 Gb
    Fan Heatsink - Noctua NH - U14S (Very wide and tall. It wouldnt work on the G1 if you had a Graphics card in Slot 1)
    Graphics Cards - 2x EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked with Backplate in SLI
    Power Supply - Corsair 850 Watt non modular
    DVD RW - HP dvd1260 SATA model
    SSD drives - Crusial 500 GB System drive for windows
    Crusial 1 TB for Games
    WD Rapter Drive - for Games
    WD Data Drive - for just stuff
    Computer Case - Lian Li Full Tower with Side Window that I modified with a fan to blow on Video cards
    Lastly a bunch of lit up fans and some other cool lighting.
Working...
X