Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-X79-UP4 / ATI HD 7950 -> Incompatible ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X79-UP4 / ATI HD 7950 -> Incompatible ?

Hello !

I recently purchased a Sapphire HD 7950 3 Gb Ram with Boost, but after a day of testing with several bios versions and also checked that the HD 7950
    works fine on another MoBo/Build I realised that this GPU is not compatible with my motherboard Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4. I only get a black screen with
    no monitor signal when I boot, but computer boots fine cause I see HDD Leds working.

Gigabyte seems to have released only two bios versions that works with this GPU, the final F2 and the beta F3t. But the problem is that theses two bioses
    version are not compatible with my CPU i7-4930K (Because it's an Ivy-E Bridge and needs at least F4 bios version) so i'm ****ed !

Does anyone know if it's possible to implement any bios version since F4 with the part in the F2 or F3t versions that makes this HD 7950 compatible with this board ?
    Or mod a current bios version (like F6 / F7...) to implement the compatibility of the HD 7950 ?

I don't know if this happens with all the HD 79XX Series.

The only article i've found about this issue :
    REVIEW: Gigabyte X79-UP4 - F4 BIOS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH RADEON HD R7950

Thanks in advance for any help !
    Last edited by b3rg3r; 04-30-2015, 05:13 PM. Reason: Resolved

Re: GA-X79-UP4 / ATI HD 7950 -> Incompatible ?

Okay, I've finally found a hack to get this HD 7950 recognized by my motherboard !

On this forum : Do you want UEFI Gop on your 7950/7970? I can add it to your bios!! - Page 10
    I've found a modified bios for my graphic card (be sure it's same model and constructor, Sapphire HD 7950 3GB DDR5 With Boost in my case)
    this modified bios implements UEFI GOP (UEFI Graphic Output Protocol).

Then, on another computer that recognize this graphic card, I've flashed the bios with Atiflash and this UEFI bios mod.
    Put back the card in my computer and now, it's fully working !

Hope this will serve someone !

-- THREAD RESOLVED --

Comment

As a sample first two objects are created as dynamic with visible markers and the third object is a background object on which you can locate your markers
      QScadaObject class is used to display marker or background view. It can be managed by updating NetInfo, using container https://laptrinhx.com/this-is-constr...ui-3478453922/

Comment

Working...
      X