Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X99 G1 Wifi - Updated BIOS and can't get Intel RST to work

Evening all,

So i downloaded and updated to F9 Bios on my X99 G1 Wifi Board. When it rebooted my Raid1 (accel'd with a m.2 ssd) no longer showed up. So I went into the BIOS and saw that the Windows 8 Features was set back to Other OS. No problem I though so I set it to Windows 8 then Disabled CSM again. Now when it rebooted it just hangs at the bios screen stuck on POST CODE 92 (LED on the motherboard shows this also).

Resetting the bios lets it boot back into windows fine, albeit without access to my Raid1 Array which was previously configured via Intel RST. I was on BIOS F8C, the previous beta from a few months ago and this worked without issue.

Here is what I have tried and if it works or not:

* F9 Bios, Windows 8 Mode - Other OS -- Boots Fine
    * F9 Bios, Windows 8 Mode - Windows 8 - CSM Enabled -- Boots Fine
    * F9 Bios, Windows 8 Mode - Windows 8 - CSM Disabled -- Hangs at BIOS screen POST code 92

I rolled back to Bios F8 (just downloaded from gigabyte's site)
    * F8 Bios, Windows 8 Mode - Other OS -- Boots Fine
    * F8 Bios, Windows 8 Mode - Windows 8 - CSM Enabled -- Boots Fine
    * F8 Bios, Windows 8 Mode - Windows 8 - CSM Disabled -- Hangs at BIOS screen POST code 92

How it was originally before I mucked any of this up:
    *F8c Bios - Windows 8 Mode - Windows 8 - CSM Disabled - Booted fine and Intel RST worked.

I have been able to get into the bios while it is "hung" by rebooting and pressing the direct to bios button just above the motherboard LED, and when I do it showed CSM Disabled, but under Perpherals intel RST doesn't show up at the bottom where it should.

I just downloaded F7 and have the f8c bios I was using and am going to try the same above tests.

Any other than I ran into this or have any insight?

Thanks!

Re: X99 G1 Wifi - Updated BIOS and can't get Intel RST to work

Question: are you using any USB device? incl. internal Card readers, or hubs?

Comment

Re: X99 G1 Wifi - Updated BIOS and can't get Intel RST to work

Originally posted by MiG View Post
      Question: are you using any USB device? incl. internal Card readers, or hubs?
      Morning,Thanks for the reply. The only USB devices I had plugged in at the time were keyboard, mouse and my audioengine a2+ speakers via usb. So i had the same issue with F7/F8/F9. I rolled back to F8C and I could actually see the intel RST menu again, albeit the raid1 array didn't show so I had to recreate it, and the reinit once I got back into windows so the data was gone, was mostly my steam games so no big loss. It's odd the raid0 array for the m.2 ssd still showed as built but the intel RST app doesn't show it as usable for cache so I think I'm going to have to delete the raid0 volume then let the intel RST app rebuild the cache. With the sata controller set to raid for RST my boot vol SSD wasn't getting detected as an efi boot device so I had to reinstall windows on it.Not sure what is so odd with my setup that it wouldn't boot with Windows 8 Mode and CSM Disabled on any version of than F8C. Maybe if I had destroyed the raid volumes before the firmware upgrade then rebuilt them with F9 on there? Mostly back up after 6 hours or so of playing with it yesterday. Going to be more hesitant to do any firmware upgrades with the raid volumes created now.

Comment

Working...
      X