No announcement yet.

X58a-UD3R Rev. 1.0 - 8GB dimm compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X58a-UD3R Rev. 1.0 - 8GB dimm compatibility?

Thank you for your patience and assistance.
    ET6 screen-shot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ET6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	754947

Qpi/vtt target is quite high in comparison to what I use - should I set it?
    Interesting thing is that all of target values are what I actually set in BIOS for now - apart from DRAM voltage set to 1,5v.

Comment

Originally posted by wnk View Post
      Qpi/vtt target is quite high in comparison to what I use - should I set it?
      This is what you are "using" set by auto, when you set it lower (I assume) you couldn't boot at all.
      You may need to set it even higher to tighten timings or use higher frequency, or when you add memory.

Originally posted by wnk
      Interesting thing is that all of target values are what I actually set in BIOS for now - apart from DRAM voltage set to 1,5v.
      DRAM Voltage is 1.6v target, you may need to increase it also for higher frequency and/or tighter timings, XMP profile for 2400 show 1.65v.

However memory is not very important, see what you can get from CPU OC then tweak the memory a little or leave it as it is, not much benefit from it.
      You only use one DIMM right?

Comment

Yeah, you are right - I wasn't conscious that QPI/Vtt needs to be so high,setting it above 1,34 - values change color to warn user.

Not exceeding BCLK 180 (up to 3,78Ghz) system runs fine with RAM 1800 Cl 9-10-10-26 and Qpi/Vtt 1,34v, DRAM 1,62v.
        And that seems enough for me, since I'm getting tired of meddling.

Keeping ram @ x10, uncore x20 - every value above 180 BCLK causes BSODs wth CPU Vcore values up to 1,35v. Didn't check higher.

For now I use one DIMM stick, but after buying second one QPI/Vtt needs to be even higher to manage with 2 sticks?

Comment

QPI/Vtt may not need to be that high and leave enough range for more memory.
          You can lower memory frequency if you have trouble with more modules.
          I'm not sure but I think you may try uncore at x21 see if this helps you to increase BCLK, or memory x8.
          Last edited by Chike; 04-23-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X