Case Thermaltake Element G
    Mobo Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    Memory Ordinary 6x2GB kingston 1333MHZ
    SSD 840 Evo Samsung
    HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 0.5TB
    CPU Intel i7 950
    GPU EVGA GTX 980 SC
    PSU Zalman ZM460B-APS

I decided to upgrade my system buying a refurbished Intel Xeon x5670. After changing it, the PC doesn't boot anymore, nothing appears on the screen and even the fan doesn't work. Put my old i7 950 back, still nothing!

The first thing i thought was that the psu was gone! Tested the voltage of some wires while turned on, nothing! Bought a new one, Corsair AX760i.
    Tryed it, still doesn't boot, but some leds at the MOBO turn on just when i turn the PSU on, like you can see at the video! And keeps looping. When i turned the PSU off, a green and orange light came up!

Please, any help?
    Last edited by carcassudo; 02-11-2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carcassudo View Post
      Hello guys, first post here, unfortunately, a big problem! :(

My PC,
      Case Thermaltake Element G
      Mobo Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
      Memory Ordinary 6x2GB kingston 1333MHZ
      SSD 840 Evo Samsung
      HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 0.5TB
      CPU Intel i7 950
      GPU EVGA GTX 980 SC
      PSU Zalman ZM460B-APS

I decided to upgrade my system buying a refurbished Intel Xeon x5670. After changing it, the PC doesn't boot anymore, nothing appears on the screen and even the fan doesn't work. Put my old i7 950 back, still nothing!

The first thing i thought was that the psu was gone! Tested the voltage of some wires while turned on, nothing! Bought a new one, Corsair AX760i.
      Tryed it, still doesn't boot, but some leds at the MOBO turn on just when i turn the PSU on, like you can see at the video! And keeps looping. When i turned the PSU off, a green and orange light came up!

Please, any help?
      The Xeon X5670 is not listed in your board's CPU support list: GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket 1366 - Intel X58 - GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0)

But we don't know if your Gigabyte X58A-UD3R board is a Revision 1.0 or 2.0 board. Actually that does not matter, since neither revision supports an X5670, sorry to say.

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket 1366 - Intel X58 - GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0)

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
        Cleared BIOS?
        GPU isn't needed?
        Yes, i cleared bios and tested using the GPU. Above, another video with everything on, also the X5670.

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        The Xeon X5670 is not listed in your board's CPU support list: GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket 1366 - Intel X58 - GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0)

But we don't know if your Gigabyte X58A-UD3R board is a Revision 1.0 or 2.0 board. Actually that does not matter, since neither revision supports an X5670, sorry to say.

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket 1366 - Intel X58 - GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0)
        But, even when i go back to to the i950 it doesn't wotk, Still the same like that video! Is it possible the Xeon to screw up the Mobo?

Comment

Comment

Any chance CPU socket is damaged? Worth inspecting pins.
            I verified and it looks like normal:

Sorry about the big image, but it is better to see!

Comment

Comment

Looks alright, don't worry about the size, the bigger the better
                Is there anything i can do? I really like that config!

Comment

Originally posted by carcassudo View Post
                  Is there anything i can do? I really like that config!
                  I really don't know, it is weird that the PSU died right after you have replaced CPU, so maybe there is some damage to board components too?
                  You can try long clear CMOS with the battery out and jumper on CLR CMOS overnight, a bit of a voodoo but won't do no harm to try.

Comment

I really don't know, it is weird that the PSU died right after you have replaced CPU, so maybe there is some damage to board components too?
                    You can try long clear CMOS with the battery out and jumper on CLR CMOS overnight, a bit of a voodoo but won't do no harm to try.
                    It doesn't have a jumper, so i took the battery out to stay overnight!

Some news about my former zalman:

1. Powering it on and touching the green wire with a black one, makes the fan works!
                    2. Except purple wire, no one has it's voltage. Just purple is working!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X