Ga-x58-ur3d bios flash error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-x58-ur3d bios flash error

I am trying to flash my BIOS, but it keep getting an "incorrect file size" error when i choose the BIOS to load. When I boot my computer up it shows the CPU at 93 degrees Celsius and then it climbs to 108 degrees and then shuts off. How can i correct this issue. the heat sink is cold so i do not beleiev the CPU is starting out at 93 degrees and getting hotter in 20 seconds. HELP please!!!!!

Re: Ga-x58-ur3d bios flash error

Originally posted by curse View Post
    I am trying to flash my BIOS, but it keep getting an "incorrect file size" error when i choose the BIOS to load. When I boot my computer up it shows the CPU at 93 degrees Celsius and then it climbs to 108 degrees and then shuts off. How can i correct this issue. the heat sink is cold so i do not beleiev the CPU is starting out at 93 degrees and getting hotter in 20 seconds. HELP please!!!!!
    Make sure your CPU cooler is seated properly, if it moved or a pin popped out, remove it, clean it, re-apply thermal paste and put it back in. Consult the manual, of both the MB and CPU about this.
    Which BIOS are you trying to flash and what BIOS version you got now?
    Leave BIOS flashing until you solve the heat issue.
    Last edited by Chike; 02-06-2015, 10:43 PM.

Comment

The temperature sensor in the CPU is completely independent of the BIOS. The BIOS is not telling the CPU what temperature it is, the BIOS and any other program reads the temperature from the CPU. The main purpose of that temperature sensor is to protect the processor from over heating, it is not provided for users to monitor the CPU temperature, although that is a secondary use of that sensor.

If a board has an external temperature sensor in or near the CPU socket, it will never be as accurate as the CPU's internal temperature sensor. That kind of sensor cannot tell the CPU to shutdown, but it can tell the mother board to shut off, so the result is the same.

A processor is running from the moment you press the power button on the PC case. How long does it take to get into the BIOS, at least 15 - 20 seconds? Plenty of time for an uncooled processor to become hot.

A processor that does not have a heat sink correctly attached to it will over heat in a very short time, thirty seconds is a long time for a processor to be powered up without proper cooling.

If the heatsink is cold when this happens, that indicates it is not removing any heat from the processor. Something is very wrong with the mounting of your processor's heatsink, as said above, checking and fixing that is your only priority before anything else can even be considered.

Comment

I want to thank both you guys for your help. I applied new thermal paste to my CPU fan and it did help. It allowed me to address the BIOS issue I was having. I decided to install a brand new Intel E97381 fan and also installed a new 240GB Intel Solid State HDD. The fan is amazing and the drive is the best drive I've owned. I would recommend both if someone asked about these. Again, thanks for all your help. Have a good one.

Comment

Working...
        X