Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58A-UD5 Bios Corrupted - Help Please

Hello All,
    I'm wondering if there is a method of recovering corrupted bios on a Gigabyte X58A-UD5 Rev 2 Mobo.
    This Mobo was on latest Bios FF1 and hasn't had the cover off since I build it for my daughter a few years ago now. Its worked perfectly until this morning when my daughter attempted to turn on PC.
    I'll explain the scenario, she turned it on and walked away like most teens I suppose.
    What she didn't realize is that that case power button was stuck down while she walked away.
    After about 5 minutes came back into her room to a black screen, noticed the Power Button was jammed down and slightly pressed to release it. She tried again and then asked for assistance.
    I removed from AC Power and let is sit for 5 minutes but unfortunately no easy fix.
    Debug LED cycles between C1/19, I have noticed on Forums that C1 is Memory and 19 is Reserved.
    I tried removing all peripherals and just have CPU, new Keyboard and VGA Card. Cycled trough all 6 Memory Modules and no difference, I honestly don't believe its RAM or CPU. The strange thing is there is some intelligence as if I use the Power Button on Mobo or Case and hold it down for 5 Sec, it does Power Down the computer, but that's about it.

I can't find anything in the Manual for Recovering from corrupted BIOS and I concerned that by the power button been jammed for over 5 minutes it may have tried to recover using Dual Bios and corrupted both.

Any ideas please, as with most teens, urgent project on this PC that needs to be completed this week.

Regards Alex
    [email protected]

Re: X58A-UD5 Bios Corrupted - Help Please

There is a threat at the top of this section for recovering a failed BIOS update. this will apply to you (Dual Bios recovery). it'll have you jumper the Main bios and force a Bios 2 to Bios 1 restore.

Vin
    Main Rig
    OS = Win10-64Bit
    CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
    Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
    MB = Asus ROG C6H
    GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
    HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
    Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
    OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
    CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
    Mem = 24GB RAM
    MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
    GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
    HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
    Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
    PSU = Corsair TX750
    Case = Define R5

Comment

Re: X58A-UD5 Bios Corrupted - Help Please

Hello Vin,
      Thanks for your response, after leaving the forum on Sunday, I removed the CMOS Battery and went out for a cup of coffee. I have already tried the CMOS Reset on the Mobo and this didn't make a difference, so removing Battery was as good as a process of elimination as possible. After returning from the local cafe I installed the CMOS Battery, plugged in the Power Cable and bingo and to my surprise it came up and started to POST and complete O/S boot.
      I upgraded the BIOS again and also performed a backup hoping the FF1 was pushed out to both BIOS chips.
      I have one happy daughter and a re-leaved father, that you for your assistance.

Cheers Alex

Comment

Working...
      X