Re: Gigabyte bios rollback question

Try without config.sys.
    Can you post pic here,what you have (files) in your USB stick

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
      Try without config.sys.
      Can you post pic here,what you have (files) in your USB stick
      That's the pic without config.sys (i enabled the option to view hidden system files)
      using HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool to format, it doesn't create a config.sys like rufus does but even if i don't need to replace it i have the problem anyways.
      Anyway now i'll try without config.sys
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Insight-; 01-17-2015, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Delete 2 .DLL files (how came in?)

Comment

Okay without config.sys i don't get the errors related to it anymore but the main error that says "fptw64.exe -f Z87XD3H.F8 you cannot run this program in DOS mode" remains...
          The .dll files were in the .rar
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ZaW7QXx.png
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	754801

Comment

HUH....fptw64....?

Seems you use windows ftp instead of DOS files....

Only for DOS flashing:
            https://www.mediafire.com/?1ml4lxk6w6cwe89

Click image for larger version

Name:	18-01-2015_000013.png
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	754802
            Last edited by stasio; 01-17-2015, 10:00 AM.

Comment

HUH....fptw64....?

Seems you use windows ftp instead of DOS files....

Only for DOS flashing:
              https://www.mediafire.com/?1ml4lxk6w6cwe89
              Uh ok.. when i originally made this post i asked about the mac address thing, i saw the guide but it's a bit confusing to me since i'm unexperienced, this is the only way to do it?
              And thanks again for the help.
              Last edited by Insight-; 01-17-2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Yea,that is only easy way (have one more with FTK ,but is complicated for you).
                Strange,in Windows will be easier.

For DOS (bootable USB) ...only fpt and fparts are required.....(of course + BIOS).
                Last edited by stasio; 01-17-2015, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Yea,that is only easy way (have one more with FTK ,but is complicated for you).
                  Strange,in Windows will be easier.

For DOS (bootable USB) ...only fpt and fparts are required.....(of course + BIOS).
                  I also tried to overwrite the first bios keeping the power button and the reset button pressed after shutting down the PC, but the pc turned on automatically after few seconds when i was pressing, so seems this is not working for me, not sure if the backup bios is updated too
                  Last edited by Insight-; 01-17-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Download this zipped file with BIOS F8, unzip and start Autoexec (Run as administrator) in Windows.

https://www.mediafire.com/?j2wvunvmu7wmuia

Btw,
                    easy method of Backup take over Main BIOS:

(1) The PC has to be off.
                    (2) Press and hold down the power button. Don't let go.
                    (3) The PC will turn on. A few seconds later, the PC will turn off again by itself.
                    (4) Let go of the power button at this point.

Next start, the Backup BIOS will take over.
                    Last edited by stasio; 01-17-2015, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Download this zipped file with BIOS F8, unzip and start Autoexec (Run as administrator) in Windows.

https://www.mediafire.com/?j2wvunvmu7wmuia

Btw,
                      easy method of Backup take over Main BIOS:

(1) The PC has to be off.
                      (2) Press and hold down the power button. Don't let go.
                      (3) The PC will turn on. A few seconds later, the PC will turn off again by itself.
                      (4) Let go of the power button at this point.

Next start, the Backup BIOS will take over.
                      Thank you. When i get to home i'll try the zipped file, anyway that's the metod i used to try to take over the main bios, i turned off my pc, i pressed the button and pc turned itself on, i kept pressing and the pc turned off, i kept the pressure for other 5-6 seconds (maybe that's the problem?).. when i restarted nothing happened... maybe even the backup bios is the same version of the main.. or i don't know.
                      Last edited by Insight-; 01-18-2015, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Hi, seems that even the new zipped file isn't working, i even set all the files as administrator but nothing.. very strange..
                        Edit: running it normally it works! i'll give more info soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Insight- View Post
                          Hi, seems that even the new zipped file isn't working, i even set all the files as administrator but nothing.. very strange.. Edit: running it normally it works! i'll give more info soon.
                          Hello! 1st of all i am sorry i came in the middle of your conversation, but i have identical problem (laggy bios, and other things) as yourself! I cant downgrade bios. Btw, as i can see in your previous response
                          Edit: running it normally it works! i'll give more info soon.
                          i am interested in trying the same solution... looking forward for the info you will give in respond. I am not an "advanced" PC user, and i am afraid of doing somthing like that myself (flashing bios with this method using ftp intel flasher.)
                          Download this zipped file with BIOS F8, unzip and start Autoexec (Run as administrator) in Windows. https://www.mediafire.com/?j2wvunvmu7wmuia
                          i have done some research, and found this http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...55-1150-a.html i'm kinda scared of trying (flashing with ftp) just becouse of this thing.... Deleting MAC and some other firmware of GbE. PS: tried this method
                          Btw, easy method of Backup take over Main BIOS: (1) The PC has to be off. (2) Press and hold down the power button. Don't let go. (3) The PC will turn on. A few seconds later, the PC will turn off again by itself. (4) Let go of the power button at this point. Next start, the Backup BIOS will take over.
                          Does not work for me.
                          Last edited by joze123; 01-19-2015, 11:16 AM. Reason: Quotes

Comment

Hi. I tried the program you zipped for me and as i said it worked, but i had a bad experience. When the program opened i saw a yellow message saying that something was missing but it started erasing and writing so i thought it was normal. After using the program, the pc wasn't starting anymore, but clearing the cmos luckily the motherboard detected that something went wrong and the main bios has been overwrited with the backup bios (it was the f8 version).. so finally i had my f8 back..
                            But now i have two problems. 1) my mac address is resetted i think.. it's like 88:88:88:88:88:88.. and 2) i can't access bios even if i press DEL.. and on windows compared a watermark Click image for larger version

Name:	OdmYHcz.png
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	754804
                            The PC is working great. I should do something with the mac address? and second thing, why i can't access bios? i want to overclock my sistem since everything is resetted.
                            Last edited by Insight-; 01-19-2015, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Hi. I tried the program you zipped for me and as i said it worked, but i had a bad experience. When the program opened i saw a yellow message saying that something was missing but it started erasing and writing so i thought it was normal. After using the program, the pc wasn't starting anymore, but clearing the cmos luckily the motherboard detected that something went wrong and the main bios has been overwrited with the backup bios (it was the f8 version).. so finally i had my f8 back..
                              But now i have two problems. 1) my mac address is resetted i think.. it's like 88:88:88:88:88:88.. and 2) i can't access bios even if i press DEL.. and on windows compared a watermark
                              The PC is working great. I should do something with the mac address? and second thing, why i can't access bios? i want to overclock my sistem since everything is resetted.
                              Well that was exactly what i was afraid of what would happen when flashing... as i said before i found this topic about the mac address http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...55-1150-a.html, it says exactly what happens when using that flashing tool, and how to fix it... but i'm no expert here, and even if i try this, i'm afraid of something worse that can happen.

GL i hope this helped a little.
                              PS: i'm still searching for the answer / or easier way (guide) :)

i would recommend re-flashing your bios with f8 bios again (i know @bios - gigabyte software - isnt good doing that but... if i couldnt access bios (Q-flash) i would do that myself, or any other tool you know that could work (for the "unable" to access bios thing), about the mac lookup that link i posted.

I think i know what the problem with your watermark would be.... Windows OS is locked on PC on it's MAC address... check your windows licence if it's activated...

best regards
                              Last edited by joze123; 01-19-2015, 01:34 PM. Reason: recommendation / water mark answer

Comment

Working...
                              X