Gigabyte Z97x-SOC - i7 4790k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Z97x-SOC - i7 4790k

hi all, just bought this new system and i have put it all together yesterday and i am having some issues.

now the motherboard made and auto oc to 4.4ghz.

i have seen some crashes.

it would suddenly crash from windows and displays a blue screen with a UEFI logo says boot failure and display mhz of cpu and some other details.

i have 3 options setup , load defsults and boot or load defaults and reboot.

Re: Gigabyte Z97x-SOC - i7 4790k

What is your other hardware?
    Which kind of crashes?.....any BSOD code?

Comment

Yestarday it restarted and after that i had stress tested the pc for 2-3 hours on multiple apps and nothing no problems.
      This morning i have booted up and bropwse the internet and suddenly restarted like a total power cut and sec after booted up to this blue screen.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	fr_2059_size880.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	754660
      my setup is
      on test bench
      z97x-soc
      i7 4790k
      corsair vengenace pro 2133 8gb 2x4gb
      corsair h100i
      mx100 256gb
      corsair rm650w
      no gpu currently attached using motherboard one

Comment

the only setting i know is that setting the memory to 2133mhz as in bios it was down to 1333mhz, would that be the issue?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	754661
          i am using these settings at the moment

Comment

Try to flash to latest BIOS F7d.

Comment

i have flashed the f6b as mine is soc and not soc force.

i don't know if i could flash the force one, don't see that much different.

Comment

Ahh OK,
                first Clear_CMOS (what is CPU VID voltage? ) , then try with 1 stick of RAM in orange memory slots (check both sticks).
                Change to black memory slots.....if is same....check CPU socket for bent pins...

Comment

okay so left it on 4.4 ghz and the ram to 2133 and on a cold boot around 5 minutes from booting a big click and the motherboard is off.
                  i get the blue screen with Boot failure detected. Is there such a thing like a log of events on the motherboard or somewhere where i can check? From the last crash i have changed the ram slots to 2 black from orange. The problem is its so hard to replicate the issues as it only happens once on cold boot and after that its running ok no matter what setting i put in bios.
                  i have checked the cpu pins all look ok

Comment

Have had the same problem. The only way to avoid this is (on each cold boot) to load the settings in the bios and reboot. It all started after over clocking via Gigabyte tuner app in windows. I selected default settings in the app and then uninstalled it but it seems that it still tries to over clock and eventually overheats and kills itself.

Comment

well thats a motherboard issue?

now that i have left my RAM on 1333 and cpu 4.4 as it was a default bios setting it is nor restarting anymore. So its down to some sort of oc and ram oc.

Comment

I'm having practically the same issue.

Thing is I've got high end cooling. Yet still it runs hot. I've not touched easytune as I usually don't install the crap bundled.

I'll try a reseating my EK supreme HF. I honestly miss my i7 920.

Comment

Comment

Do it, mate. Don't waste your time!

I've tried different ram, graphics cards, hard driver configurations, beta, alpha and official BIOS revisions, USB ports, bare essential start ups and all end the same.

Gigabyte support were of very little help and I'm being my 28 days no quibble return.

I'm at the point of buying another board, probably MSI and RMA this board to sell the return!

Comment

Originally posted by FPSNige View Post
                              Do it, mate. Don't waste your time!

I've tried different ram, graphics cards, hard driver configurations, beta, alpha and official BIOS revisions, USB ports, bare essential start ups and all end the same.

Gigabyte support were of very little help and I'm being my 28 days no quibble return.

I'm at the point of buying another board, probably MSI and RMA this board to sell the return!
                              Thanks for the tip, I will wait until monday. Do not want to be without a mobo in the weekend and I'm still waiting for a reply, it's a hassle to remove it, well, that is easy, but I got a katana 4 cooler on it, but damn, it's a freaky annoyance to mount it (lol).

The board itself is beatiful, I hope they can solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X