ga-b75m-d3h windows won't boot after cmos reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ga-b75m-d3h windows won't boot after cmos reset

Hey guys. First and foremost, sorry if this has been answered a thousand times already. I tried searching but couldn't find anything specific to my mobo. I'll start from the beginning.

This was originally a prebuilt ibuypower system (my 1st mistake). I decided I wanted to update the psu, gpu and case the original system came with. So I did, but for whatever reason I could not get my system to post with my new gfx card (evga gtx 760). The system would boot completely however with both my old card (gtx 560) and the intel integrated graphics. I tried everything to get this to work - I made sure all of the old drivers were gone, made sure the psu was sufficient, activated PEG as the initial display in the BIOS. Nothing worked.

My last two steps were to try and clear the CMOS and flash the BIOS. Well, now that I cleared the CMOS, Windows won't boot at all. I can still get into the BIOS but the system will freeze at the windows screen right before the login screen and then reboot continously. I have tried booting into safe mode as well and nothing. I do get a blue screen that says that there is a hardware issue detected, but unfortunately I do not have the error code associated with this right now.

I have tried reinstalling Windows. The process freezes right after the black screen that says press any key to boot from cd rom. I tried going into the BIOS and making sure AHCI was activated. Tried booting in legacy rom instead of EFI.

My current BIOS is F4. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by Anthony41988; 02-03-2014, 08:54 AM.

Re: ga-b75m-d3h windows won't boot after cmos reset

pop in the bios and look at the hdd or sata settings,make sure its set to ahci mode if it still loops then change it to ide mode,then try,it should boot into windows with either one of those(depends wht it was set to when windows was originally installed) if you change it after or clear cmos resets it to default mode from what it was when windows was installed then it will loop at splash screen

as for gpu not working you need latest mb bios im guessing and the safest way to flash that is to download th ebios/extract it to memory stick and flash from within the bios using qflash,again remember to set any bios settings again
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      pop in the bios and look at the hdd or sata settings,make sure its set to ahci mode if it still loops then change it to ide mode,then try,it should boot into windows with either one of those(depends wht it was set to when windows was originally installed) if you change it after or clear cmos resets it to default mode from what it was when windows was installed then it will loop at splash screen

as for gpu not working you need latest mb bios im guessing and the safest way to flash that is to download th ebios/extract it to memory stick and flash from within the bios using qflash,again remember to set any bios settings again
      Thanks for your reply wazza. Unfortunately, I have already tried flipping the settings from AHCI/IDE. No matter which setting, it'll keep looping around. As soon as I can get my OS up I definitely plan on flashing my bios.

Comment

have you tried booting from the windows disc? I doubt you have one if it was pre built,if you can get hold of a copy try booting from windows disc and do a startup repair,might need to repeat it a few times but should fix any startup issues
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
          have you tried booting from the windows disc? I doubt you have one if it was pre built,if you can get hold of a copy try booting from windows disc and do a startup repair,might need to repeat it a few times but should fix any startup issues
          I have. My system came with a windows installation disc. I have tried booting from the disc, and I have also tried doing a startup repair. Neither of those worked. Tonight when I get home from work I'll try them again and post some pics so that you guys can see what I'm seeing.

Comment

Your looping problems might be related to incorrect memory settings when you cleared your CMOS.
            Try booting with only one memory module installed after you have disconnected all hardware that isn't needed for booting to your operating system.
            You might need to load optimized bios defaults, save settings and exit, and then boot back into the bios to set the correct memory and AHCI settings.
            Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
            P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
            4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
            MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
            Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
            WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
            SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
            Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
            Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
            Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
            MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
            Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
            HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
            CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
            E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
            Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
            Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
            HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. Nothing I tried resolved my issue, so I just replaced my Gigabyte mobo with an ASrock Z77 extreme 4, and everything works great now! I think it may have had something do with the fact that it was previously a prebuilt ibuypower system. Definitely won't do that again.

Comment

Hello, you can refer to a third-party tool to diagnose the problem and find a workable method to solve it. I know a program can help you achieve this-Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius. Please follow the instructions below to use it:
                Step 1: Insert a blank CD into your computer. Download and launch Windows Boot Genius on another workable computer and click "Burn". Only one click of mouse, you can finish burning a boot CD.

Step 2: This step is operated on the computer that won't boot up. Insert CD onto your computer. And set BIOS to boot your computer from CD, instead of hard drive. It will reboot automatically and access to the CD.

Step 3: Then you will load to system. Launch this program under Win PE. Select "Windows Rescue" to follow the built-in wizard to finish fixing booting problems.

Comment

Working...
                X