X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77X-UD5H Bios Help

Hi All
    I need a bit of advice.
    On Friday night my Z77X-UD5H packed up I had been benching Catzilla for a couple of days swapping cards and submitting.
    Late in the arvo I put in a GTX260 and left it to go and have dinner when I came back to it about 4 hours later and fired it up it went to the desktop and installed the windows WDDM driver and I rebooted it to install the Nvidea driver when it rebooted it cycled on and off a couple of times then came up with the message that the main bios was corrupt and it was reprogramming it from the backup bios.
    So I let it go through and then when it rebooted it didnt boot at all just cycled on and off.
    Now when I fire it up it comes on with the orange led next to the main bios chip lit and a B or 8 in the LED display whichever way you read it.
    After about 10secs it cycles off and comes back on with the backup bios orange led lit and the Led display cycles back and forth with 15 then 03 at about a 1sec rate.
    It was quite humid that evening and then we had a shower of rain, when there is that much humidity in the air I get a ring of water around the edge of the fans that I lean around the board for cooling.
    An inspection of the board showed it to be a bit damp so thats what I say has caused the corrupt bios and now I am pretty sure that both the bios chips are corrupt.
    Now a couple of Questions
    I bought it about 14 months ago do these boards only have 12 months warranty.
    Is there any way to reprogram these bios chips like with Asus you just plug a USB flash in with the bios file on it and it reprograms the chip automatically?
    I am not against soldering new bios chips to the board if I have to, I have replaced motherboard mosfets and the like plenty of times before.
    I am an ex TV repairman so i have all the equipment and skill to easily solder in new ones.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance

Re: Z77X-UD5H Bios Help

Just reflash the bios, both if you like using Qflash.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

That sounds good if I could get it to load off a flash drive but it doesnt boot it just cycles the led display 03 to 15 and back.

Comment

g'day,you need to do this to get the backup bios to kick in and recover the main bios,lookslike its still corrupted if theres an orange led lit next to it

It is possible to make the BIOS Auto-Recovery kick in (Dual BIOS) and re-flash the MAIN BIOS with the contents of the BACKUP BIOS.

This is a simple and easy method for anyone to try before having to resort to other more difficult methods, or a RMA.

1. Shut off the power supply using the switch on the back of the PSU, wait 10-15 seconds.
        2. Press and hold the case Power On swtich, then while still holding turn on the power supply from the switch on the rear.
        3. Still holding the case power on switch, the board will start, once it does release the case power on switch and shut off the power supply via the switch on the read of the unit. (Do the latter two parts as quickly as you can once the board starts)
        4. The board will shut down.
        5. Turn the power supply back on using the switch on the rear of the unit.
        6. Turn on the motherboard by pressing the case power on button.

Once the board starts this time you should see the Gigabyte splash screen, or POST page, then the Auto-Recovery from Dual BIOS will kick in. You will see a checksum error, and then recovery from BACKUP BIOS will begin. Once it is done reboot your machine and enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults then save/apply/reboot back to BIOS.

Now you are done, and will be using whatever BIOS was in your BACKUP BIOS, From there you can attempt whatever you were previously trying, or update your BIOS to the latest version.
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You can just throw the BIOS switch and see if it boots. If it does boot on the other BIOS, you can use CTRL-F10 on boot to flash the main BIOS from the backup.

Anyway, this or wazza's method should fix you up.
          Hope you get it straightened out.
          Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
          Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
          PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
          Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
          Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
          HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
          SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Working...
          X