Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Motherboard Hdd LED for PCIE

Hey,

Thank you in advance for all your help. I have been trying to figure out a minor problem I have been having with my G1 Sniper 5 and an Adaptec 7805 Raid Card. The problem is I have no hard drive led activity at all for any drive plugged into the raid card. On older models of raid cards they would have an actual HDD LED pin to connect to on the card which is not the case with the newer ones including the Adaptec 7805. It is simply suppose to work.

I have had this card plugged into a ASUS motherboard and the hdd led works fine but no lights at all with my new board. I am just wondering as I said its nothing major but what could this be? Maybe something I should write to gigabyte and let them know. Could it be as simple as a bios setting I am missing? Has anyone else seen this? Im sure its not specific to the card itself but probably any PCIE devices even a ocz revo drive would have the same problem.

Thanks 4 The Help,
    Paul

Re: Gigabyte Motherboard Hdd LED for PCIE

Originally posted by paulb787 View Post
    Hey,

Thank you in advance for all your help. I have been trying to figure out a minor problem I have been having with my G1 Sniper 5 and an Adaptec 7805 Raid Card. The problem is I have no hard drive led activity at all for any drive plugged into the raid card. On older models of raid cards they would have an actual HDD LED pin to connect to on the card which is not the case with the newer ones including the Adaptec 7805. It is simply suppose to work.

I have had this card plugged into a ASUS motherboard and the hdd led works fine but no lights at all with my new board. I am just wondering as I said its nothing major but what could this be? Maybe something I should write to gigabyte and let them know. Could it be as simple as a bios setting I am missing? Has anyone else seen this? Im sure its not specific to the card itself but probably any PCIE devices even a ocz revo drive would have the same problem.

Thanks 4 The Help,
    Paul
    The G1 Sniper 5 has a Marvell Raid controller. Is there some other reason you are using an Adaptec 7805?, just curious.

On some mainboards the Marvell 9230 controller has a firmware problem where the HDD LED is always on if a drive is connected to it. I guess it's possible that there is some interaction between the two controllers that may be part of your problem.

I don't have a G1 Sniper 5 but had the HDD LED always on with my Z87X-UD5H boards.

Comment

Working...
    X