Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Sleep under windows 8.1 on Z77x-UP5TH

Hi All

Since installing windows 8.1 (preview and release) sleep no longer works. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance

C

Re: No Sleep under windows 8.1 on Z77x-UP5TH

have you tested with latest beta bios?

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH - F12j Z77XUP5TH.12j
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Wazza

Yep, tried with 12j and 13a and no luck. Also tried disabling all BIOS and driver options for network card sleep and no luck.

Very Frustrating

Comment

it might need a newer bios to fix it,so I would wait a while for new bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Hello,
          To be totally honest I do not believe that this is a BIOS issue. My rule of thumb is that if you were running Windows 7 on this machine then it will also run Win 8/8.1 without issue.

We have to admit that Win 8 introduced a drastic graphical change, with many people screaming that they wanted the start button replacing. In all reality the start button has been re-introduced, but it does nothing more than the "Win Key" already did; and if I am honest I'm wondering just how many people know about "Win key+D" (show desktop).

With the introduction of Win 8 you had to configure the power options to display in the power charm in exactly the same way as you do in Win 8.1; with one exception. The power options are available within the "WinX" menu (Win key+X), under the "shutdown or sign out" option. (something else which is not really documented well enough)

OKay, returning to the problem in hand ... Following the steps below will mean that the option to sleep or hibernate is also presented in the "power charm" menu
          • Sign-in as an Administrator
          • Press Win Key+R
          • type in "powercfg.cpl" .. this will launch your power options configuration
          • Left click "Choose what the power buttons do"
          • Left click "Change settings that are unavailable"
          • Scroll all the way down to the bottom
          • Under "shutdown settings" you can include the options within the power charm .. "Turn on fast startup .. sleep .. hibernate".

Hopefully this helps, shout if you need it

Arfs

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
            Hi All

Since installing windows 8.1 (preview and release) sleep no longer works. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance

C
            No, I have two ASRock boards on systems with Windows 8 and now 8.1, and Sleep works on both of them fine. When you say Sleep does not work, I assume you mean the PC wakes up immediately after entering Sleep, or something else?

Configuring the wake from Sleep network adapter settings is the main thing to check (which you did), and those settings are reset after installing Windows 8.1.

Sleep issues can be a real pain and I've had one board that would never wake from Sleep correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
              Hi Wazza

Yep, tried with 12j and 13a and no luck. Also tried disabling all BIOS and driver options for network card sleep and no luck.

Very Frustrating
              Hey Crispy:

Did you ever find a solution?

I've had the same problem since installing Win 8.1 on this motherboard. I've tried everything I can find on sleep issues (including completely shutting down HOMEGROUP, enabling all hidden power options, etc).

I share your frustration!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                it might need a newer bios to fix it,so I would wait a while for new bios
                Yes, in your dreams.

It seems to me that the Z77 boards have been all but forgotten. The last BIOS update officially released on the Gigabyte site for this board was November last year: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z77X-UP5 TH (rev. 1.0) The newest BIOS available here is the 12j and 13a was released BEFORE the 12j.

OK, rant over and back to the issue in hand. I encountered some issues with sleep when I changed my monitor to a Dell and connected its USB3 ports to the PC. It wouldn't allow the PC to sleep and constantly restarted at varying intervals of between 5 and 10 minutes. Could never get to the bottom of the problem and ended up disconnecting the monitor's USB lead from the PC.
                Chassis: Xigmatek Elysium - Mobo: GA-AX370-Gaming K7 - PSU: Corsair AXi 760 Watt Modular
                CPU: AMD Ryzen7 1800 X - Cooler: Raystorm Waterblock (AM4) - RAM: Corsair Vengeance Black 32Gb running at 2400MHz
                GPU: Palit Geforce GTX 1050Ti - Monitor: 27" Dell U2713HM
                Storage: Samsung M.2 NVMe 500Gb, Corsair Force GS 250Gb SSD, SanDisk 250Gb SSD
                ODD: Pioneer BD-RW writer - Keyboard: Logitech K800; Logitech Touchpad T650 - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Comment

I havn't tested sleep on mine yet,ill try later

for me the latest final bios seems to be best,all the beta's ive tested so far seem to forget the bios settings and/or all read auto yet the oc is still intact

EDIT: just tested and sleep works fine for me,using latest win 8.1 also,but on up4 th not up5,id suggest trying latest final bios though
                  Last edited by wazza300; 12-13-2013, 05:27 AM.
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Try turning off turbo on your overclock and see if it goes away.

Comment

This guide Enable Hibernate Option in Windows 8.1 [How To] is for hibernation,, but it might work for sleep too.. didn't tested it yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X