Which AHCI driver for GA-EP35-DS3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which AHCI driver for GA-EP35-DS3P

I'm creating a slipstream disc for XP Pro and I don't know which driver to choose.

I downloaded the newest preinstall drivers from Gigabyte and it lists different drivers than the manual shows. The manual says to install the ICH9 SATA ACHI Controller but the updated driver doesn't show it. It shows ICH9M/E-M SATA AHCI Controller and ICH9R/DO/DH SATA Controller (and a few others). There is an ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller Which the Nlite instructions says to install. Is this the one that I need to install or the ICH9RDO/DH one?

I also downloaded the G-SATA preinstall driver. I assume that there is only one driver for XP? RAID/AHCI Driver for Gigabyte GBB36X Controller?
    Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced Case - Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P Motherboard
    Intel Q6600 Processor
    - Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Cooler - 4GB G-SKILL DDR2 1066 Memory
    EVGA GTS450 Video Card
    - Turtle Beach Catalina Sound Card - 160GB WD Boot Drive - 5 x 1TB Storage Drives
    Pioneer 116D DVD Writer - Pioneer 118L DVD Writer - Windows XP Pro SP3

Re: Which AHCI driver for GA-EP35-DS3P

Your board has the ICH9R southbridge so you need the ICH9R/DO/DH driver. The G-SATA controller is a Jmicron JMB36x controller, you can find the download link on the stickied topic "latest overclocking programs, etc." on the main page. Good luck.
    Last edited by flyfisher; 03-24-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Re: Which AHCI driver for GA-EP35-DS3P

Thanks! I found a download for the ICH9 SATA ACHI Controller and I already downloaded the Jmicron JMB36x controller from Gigabyte.
      Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced Case - Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P Motherboard
      Intel Q6600 Processor
      - Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Cooler - 4GB G-SKILL DDR2 1066 Memory
      EVGA GTS450 Video Card
      - Turtle Beach Catalina Sound Card - 160GB WD Boot Drive - 5 x 1TB Storage Drives
      Pioneer 116D DVD Writer - Pioneer 118L DVD Writer - Windows XP Pro SP3

Comment

Working...
      X