ACHI > RAID mobo problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACHI > RAID mobo problem?

I have the G1. Sniper 3 mobo with 1 SSD and multiple HHDs.

I set the BIOS to ACHI and installed Windows 7 on the SSD.

I planned to configure the non-OS drives in RAID5, but then discovered this not supported in Windows 7.

So, I want to reinstall W7 on the SSD after first configuring the HHDs in RAID 5 using Intel mobo RAID.

I changed the BIOS for the Intel SATA connections from ACHI to RAID.

But when boot, I never get the mobo 'CTRL + I' option to access the Intel RAID setup before Windows 7 starts up.

What am I missing to access the mobo Intel RAID configuration?

Thanks
    [/SIZE]

Re: ACHI > RAID mobo problem?

you most likely are missing a bios option make sure display prompts(or how ever they word it) is checked .

Comment

You need to download the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software (Version 11.6 is listed) from Gigabyte's motherboard download page. The first two files listed under SATA/RAID are what you need. The first file is 10.7 MB and is installed after you install Windows 7. You can use this Windows based program to make your RAID array after installing Windows 7. You won't need to use Control and I keyed RAID configuration utility.

The second file to download is the Intel Pre-install SATA/RAID driver (Version 11.6) 0.40 MB. This file will likely need to be uncompressed and extracted to a USB drive. After you set the BIOS SATA configuration to RAID, have your SSD drive connected and boot from your install DVD for Windows 7. You need to Load the Intel Pre-Install RAID driver at the beginning of the installation.

After installing Windows 7, connect your other drives and use the IRST User Interface to make your RAID 5 array from within Windows 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie View Post
        You need to download the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software (Version 11.6 is listed) from Gigabyte's motherboard download page. The first two files listed under SATA/RAID are what you need. The first file is 10.7 MB and is installed after you install Windows 7. You can use this Windows based program to make your RAID array after installing Windows 7. You won't need to use Control and I keyed RAID configuration utility.

The second file to download is the Intel Pre-install SATA/RAID driver (Version 11.6) 0.40 MB. This file will likely need to be uncompressed and extracted to a USB drive. After you set the BIOS SATA configuration to RAID, have your SSD drive connected and boot from your install DVD for Windows 7. You need to Load the Intel Pre-Install RAID driver at the beginning of the installation.

After installing Windows 7, connect your other drives and use the IRST User Interface to make your RAID 5 array from within Windows 7.
        This more or less solved the problem. From the manual it wasn't clear that the RAID was established AFTER installing Windows.

Thanx for the help!

Comment

Working...
        X