• Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Z68P-DS3 Rev 1.0 Power On Issue

Greeting folks,

I've made this rig a little while back -

Gigabyte Z68P-DS3 Rev 1.0
    Intel Core i3-2100
    2 x 2GB G.skill DDR3 1333

The basic stuff, machine has been running for a good 10 months.
    But now if I was to power down the machine and leave it off for a while, it won't power on again.

Did the basic troubleshooting, testing the powersupply with my LCD PSU tester. Everything seems in order with the power supply.
    So did a clear CMOS, load default settings, starts up just fine, boots into windows no problem and goes about it's daily routine.

Shut it down, leave it off for a bit and bingo does it again.
    Time to do some research, Bios version was @ F7 - went and checked for bios updates. F9 was available.
    Flashed the bios to F9 - Default settings. Turns on just fine and boots into windows 7.

Shut it down, leave it off for a bit - won't power on. The moment I shut it down and leave it off for just a bit I can't get it back up unless I clear the CMOS.
    I thought about the CMOS battery and I've used 3 different ones I had available, even one that was from a working system. It still does the same thing.

The computer works fine if I keep restarting it, but the moment I shut it down it's all over.
    I reverted the BIOS and flashed it to F8 to see if there was any difference. Same deal.

I've put the bios back to F9 being the latest on the official Gigabyte support site, I came here to see if there was a new "beta" available but doesn't seem like it (unless I missed it).

So where I'm up to now is, I have good working hardware apart from the Mobo it seems as I've tested everything else seperately. It will post if I clear the CMOS, I can access the bios menu, I can flash and load into windows as long as I keep resetting and not shutting it down.

I'm gonna try the load optimized settings just for the hell of it now but yeah... Help please.

Mero

Re: Gigabyte Z68P-DS3 Rev 1.0 Power On Issue

what memory are you using and how much dram,cpu vtt voltage? seemslike a cold boot issue with your ram
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

G.skill
      F3-10666CL8D-4GBBRM
      DDR3-1333 PC3-10666 2GBx2

Sorry I can't give you the voltage I can't get the thing to power on anymore.
      This is starting to be painful lol

Comment

I've changed CMOS battery and I was able to get it to power up, but 1 second later she'll power down.
        What the hell...
        I think I'm going to go buy some brand spanking new batteries.

Comment

was that memory carried over from an older system? p55 x58? if so then that might be the cause,and are you running 32bit or 64bit? might be worth trying an 8gb dual channel 1600mhz kit?
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

haaa, it was a brand new kit and it's been running for 10 months on that very system in dual channel.
            Also I'm always running 64bit :)

Comment

Originally posted by merovingian View Post
              haaa, it was a brand new kit and it's been running for 10 months on that very system in dual channel.
              Also I'm always running 64bit :)
              ahh yeah i forgot about the 10months

seems strange that once shut down it wont power back on again,do you have another psu to try? i think its a case of ruling out components,seemslike its causing the mb not to boot up?
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

I guess I will try a different PSU - but I did test most of the hardware including the PSU separately and they work just fine. I'll hook another PSU when I get home

Comment

Originally posted by merovingian View Post
                  Greeting folks,

I've made this rig a little while back -

Gigabyte Z68P-DS3 Rev 1.0
                  Intel Core i3-2100
                  2 x 2GB G.skill DDR3 1333

The basic stuff, machine has been running for a good 10 months.
                  But now if I was to power down the machine and leave it off for a while, it won't power on again.

Did the basic troubleshooting, testing the powersupply with my LCD PSU tester. Everything seems in order with the power supply.
                  So did a clear CMOS, load default settings, starts up just fine, boots into windows no problem and goes about it's daily routine.

Shut it down, leave it off for a bit and bingo does it again.
                  Time to do some research, Bios version was @ F7 - went and checked for bios updates. F9 was available.
                  Flashed the bios to F9 - Default settings. Turns on just fine and boots into windows 7.

Shut it down, leave it off for a bit - won't power on. The moment I shut it down and leave it off for just a bit I can't get it back up unless I clear the CMOS.
                  I thought about the CMOS battery and I've used 3 different ones I had available, even one that was from a working system. It still does the same thing.

The computer works fine if I keep restarting it, but the moment I shut it down it's all over.
                  I reverted the BIOS and flashed it to F8 to see if there was any difference. Same deal.

I've put the bios back to F9 being the latest on the official Gigabyte support site, I came here to see if there was a new "beta" available but doesn't seem like it (unless I missed it).

So where I'm up to now is, I have good working hardware apart from the Mobo it seems as I've tested everything else seperately. It will post if I clear the CMOS, I can access the bios menu, I can flash and load into windows as long as I keep resetting and not shutting it down.

I'm gonna try the load optimized settings just for the hell of it now but yeah... Help please.

Mero

Same thing happened to me today.. Just goes in boot loop.. Was working great until i shut it down.. not powers on for 8 seconds no video..restarts.. I replaced CPU, Memory, Power Supply and Video card.. Unplugged all HD's.. Still notta!!

Comment

Hi all there. I had this specific mobo for somewhere around 3 years or so. And I have to say that I had problems with
                    this from day 1. I tried to go to the local store a few times in order to make use of the guarantee but with no lack.
                    I was unlucky cause when the mobo was on their lab it worked perfectly. From times to times I had power on issues. At first
                    I had to restart a few times in order to get just the bios logo. After a couple of months those times increased. And
                    after that the power supply goes off. I changed the power supply. Again the first couple of months all ok. After that
                    some restarts. After that many restarts. And today goes off. All these years I couldnt change the mobo. And I wont try to
                    resell it to anyone, it goes directly to garbage. I just registered to post this to help anyone who is considering to use
                    this thing. Do not get it!

Comment

Working...
                    X