• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte Z77 D3H BIOS flash failure

Reported to GB R&D.

Edit:
    Can you guys try this BIOS F16
    Last edited by stasio; 07-29-2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Hi guys, I think i'm not lucky because it doesn't work for me " no signal" GRRR.

I shut off the power from the rear of the case. Then wait 20/30sec, then hold the power button at the front, then power on the back switch while turning the power case on, and 1sec later when the motherboard starts, i immediately unpress the power button and turn off the switch at the back ( at take like 1sec only when i power on the switch to do all of this ). Then i turn the switch ON et then i press the power case button. but No f*** signal :(

I will try again and again but if I am doing it wrong please tell me

Comment

i tried many things, with no gpu, only 1memory bar, no ssd, still does not works. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or not... 100€ put on a flamethrower :/

I will try again and again because i believe in god

Comment

let it rest for a few hours then try
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

@cactusjack - did you resolve your issue....? Sorry I have only just noticed your PM.

My Z77 D3H has just been posted off to Gigabyte for a socket repair :(

Added this as you sent me a PM....

I completely understand what you have done.

I can only offer you this....

It took me several goes to get the timing correct...

Turn everything off and ensure that the PSU is also turned off. Wait for 30 secs or so.

Turn on by the power switch on the PC (keep button pressed) and only then turn on by the switch on the PSU.

When it starts to spin up the fans etc and it starts to boot then I let go of the power switch on the PC. You will still get a black screen.

Switch off at the PSU and wait for a few seconds.

Power on with the PSU switch. Wait a few seconds

Press power button on PC.

Using the above combination I eventually got the PC to boot as show in my photo on the other page.

Best of luck.
            Last edited by VimesUK; 08-02-2012, 05:34 AM.
            Gigabyte DS3H Z77 board (being repaired) GA-Z77X-UD5H. 3570k CPU. 2x4GB Corsair LP DDR3 memory. Asus GTX 670 2GB GPU.

Comment

maybe this thread is old but i'd like to tellyou that i followed all the steps described above for my gigabyte GA-P61A-D3 rev. 2.0 motherboard but:( without success, even if i've tried several times what Acebmxer, wazza300 and VimesUK said.

my bios freezes with logo screen, without leting me do enything (del, f9, end eg)

"Turn on by the power switch on the PC (keep button pressed) and only then turn on by the switch on the PSU.
              When it starts to spin up the fans etc and it starts to boot then I let go of the power switch on the PC. You will still get a black screen.
              Switch off at the PSU and wait for a few seconds.

Power on with the PSU switch. Wait a few seconds
              Press power button on PC
              ."

when finaly i press the power button motherboard starts, then after 4 secs stops, and then restarts itself showing the uefi dual logo on my monitor:( and freeze....

is there any other posibility to rivive my Mobo?
              thanks, and please help me

Comment

if your still having problems then I would rma it for repair,they will solder on a new bios chip if its that that's failed/or corrupted

I don't know what else to suggest other than leaving out the battery overnight and then trying,but you've probably tried that already
                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

thanks wazza300 for the quick response:)
                  i 'll send my mobo to service (5 month since i've purchased it)

thanks again

Comment

it finaly worked.
                    i've replaced my gtx 650ti with... an old voodoo 3 (PCI video card - so dear to me that i've kept it for good old time' sake) and myPC started without errors.
                    i've entered(finaly) in BIOS, loaded optimized bios defaults,save, shut down, then switched back to my pci-e gtx 650 ti. entered in bios, again load optimized defaults, save and reboot again in bios in order to make proper changes.
                    and voila! everything works fine again...(i had to reinstall win 7 again)

p.s. it should work with any other video card(not necessarily with an old PCI one)

Comment

well im glad you fixed it,seems a strange fix but atleast you got it working
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

thank you, I was using bios f17b a beta bios on the gigabyte ga-z77mx-d3h when I tried putting the memory frequency to 2000 the result was an endless loop where the board would just reboot over and over again, I tried clearing the cmos with no luck, but once I tried your recovery procedure my board is now fixed, it took a few tries to get it just right, but it flashed from the backup bios and now all is good, thank you so much for sharing this.

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
                        Try this.

It is possible to make the BIOS Auto-Recovery kick in (Dual BIOS) and re-flash the MAIN BIOS with the contents of the BACKUP BIOS.

This is a simple and easy method for anyone to try before having to resort to other more difficult methods, or a RMA.

1. Shut off the power supply using the switch on the back of the PSU, wait 10-15 seconds.
                        2. Press and hold the case Power On swtich, then while still holding turn on the power supply from the switch on the rear.
                        3. Still holding the case power on switch, the board will start, once it does release the case power on switch and shut off the power supply via the switch on the read of the unit. (Do the latter two parts as quickly as you can once the board starts)
                        4. The board will shut down.
                        5. Turn the power supply back on using the switch on the rear of the unit.
                        6. Turn on the motherboard by pressing the case power on button.

Once the board starts this time you should see the Gigabyte splash screen, or POST page, then the Auto-Recovery from Dual BIOS will kick in. You will see a checksum error, and then recovery from BACKUP BIOS will begin. Once it is done reboot your machine and enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults then save/apply/reboot back to BIOS.

Now you are done, and will be using whatever BIOS was in your BACKUP BIOS, From there you can attempt whatever you were previously trying, or update your BIOS to the latest version.

Comment

Try this.

It is possible to make the BIOS Auto-Recovery kick in (Dual BIOS) and re-flash the MAIN BIOS with the contents of the BACKUP BIOS.

This is a simple and easy method for anyone to try before having to resort to other more difficult methods, or a RMA.

1. Shut off the power supply using the switch on the back of the PSU, wait 10-15 seconds.
                          2. Press and hold the case Power On swtich, then while still holding turn on the power supply from the switch on the rear.
                          3. Still holding the case power on switch, the board will start, once it does release the case power on switch and shut off the power supply via the switch on the read of the unit. (Do the latter two parts as quickly as you can once the board starts)

Once the board starts this time you should see the Gigabyte splash screen, or POST page, then the Auto-Recovery from Dual BIOS will kick in. You will see a checksum error, and then recovery from BACKUP BIOS will begin. Once it is done reboot your machine and enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults then save/apply/reboot back to BIOS.

Now you are done, and will be using whatever BIOS was in your BACKUP BIOS, From there you can attempt whatever you were previously trying, or update your BIOS to the latest version.

thank you so much this has saved me again, on another gigabyte motherboard.

Comment

Sorry for resuscitating an old thread, but I wanted to tell you how I resolved the bad BIOS flash/boot loop problem on my Z77-D3H motherboard. It was similar to the solution here, but with a little tweak. I couldn't get my back-up BIOS to kick in and restore the corrupt main BIOS using the turn on/turn off the PSU directions in this thread.

I continued to search the web and found a little different solution, and it worked perfectly for me. The back-up BIOS kicked in and fixed the main BIOS, and it is now working great, able to get into the BIOS with no problems.

Keep the case power button depressed for THREE on/off cycles. Then allow the PC to fire up after the 3rd cycle. The back-up BIOS will rewrite your corrupt BIOS. If it works like mine did!

Here is the post from Overclock:

"Don't know where I read it, but holding the power button down and then turning the power supply on just for the fans to spin and turning it off 3 times worked.

Give it time between powering the psu off and on. Make sure the coolers spin every time you do it, otherwise it will not work. Don't let go of the power button at any moment. Only release after 3 times of "rebooting"

First time i did this it did not work because my PSU saves power or something and apparently 10 seconds of waiting was not enough."

Comment

Try this.

!!!! I cannot Thank you guys enough, I had the same prob with the same board GA Z77-D3H. Flashing using the @Bios Utility from F18 to F22 was a very bad idea.. Took a couple of goes it re-wrote F18 back in for me...So I got into the Bios and the System is up and running again so thank you Gurus.
                              You have saved me Hundreds of Dollars. I didn't need to short pins or take out the battery ( Considering I had already tried that).... Also need to remember if you have taken out the battery... reset your system date and time in windows once your back in, or Internet explorer will block you from even google or Yahoo and tell u there is invalid security certificates. I like it so much I have now joined this Forum..

Comment

Working...
                              X