No announcement yet.

GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GZ-Z77X-UD5H Random freezing and shutdowns.

I continue to greatly appreciate the advice I've gotten in this thread; today I receive two new SSD replacements for my Vertex 2 and 3 that I (along with OCZ) presumed was causing this problem; they're going right back! I'm going on three days' stability with unbroken up-time, half of it idle.

Curious, though: Why is everyone saying BLCK? You are meaning to say Base Clock, right? (At minimum, do you mean BCLK?)

Comment

Yes that's what we're referring to when we say BCLK.

I left my system on over night looped in video and refreshed a webpage all day (with a macro) and system is still on and unfrozen when I got home 8 hours later. I am hoping it's stable from here on. Not sure exactly which fix did it (Flashed to F6, turned BCLK to 100.01, removed power off from all USB devices, enabled Intel Video, installed drivers per Gigabyte website, disabled c3/c6) or any combination there of but just glad I'm back up and running. I think I'll wait till the BIOS update to swap my SSD back in lol...

Comment

hello there people same problems here with my new ivy bridge , just send the motherboard ud5 back and probably i will go for asus or asrock very dissapointed with everything , also send the psu back and now i know that is this crappy gigabyte psu is an ocz zx 850 gold quite good one so i dunno why i had the feeling it might be the psu

Comment

I had the exact same issue with my UD5H and 3770K. The 100.1 BCLK has made the board stable but I'm still not happy. I had to update to F8A bios immediately since F5/F6 wasn't letting me use my Logitech G510 in the bios. The board is completely unstable at any BCLK higher than 100.1 and won't allow me to post at all. My new Asus board will be here tomorrow and I will be shipping this one back to Amazon.

Comment

There is definitely some issues with non Ivy CPU's as well!!

This is just the short list from one testing hard drive (Actual HDD, SSD/HDD does not matter for anyone wondering), and of course, this does not show the MANY other times where it freezes or just shuts off. This only shows the times where it actually BSOD's, most of the time it's usually a instant restart without warning, I'd say 90% of the time that is what happens.

Using 2500K and UD3H here and it's been non-stop BSOD, all day every day, I've had no luck in trying to figure it out either!!! I've tested several various kits of memory, 2GB and 4GB modules, various speed/timings, nothing there having any effect. Bclk to 100.10 helped for a little bit, as does having the system up and running after a few BSOD reboots! ~ But still it remains, and I think it's actually the worst at cold boots, sometimes taking 3-5 BSOD's before it will stay stable - for a while. And those initial BSOD's usually come within the first 2 minutes - 10 minutes, then 2-5 follow immediately after that initial start up one, then after it's done messing around it will be stable for many hours

Nothing I've tried so far has had any real impact. I initially thought the Bclk change to 100.10 did, but I've realized it does not, maybe cut down a BSOD or two here and there but that's about it. On my last test now of the things mentioned in this thread, I've had IGP enabled for a day or two with clock set to auto (Previously disabled w/ clock set to 400), no help there. So as a final test I'm going to install the latest Intel drivers for the IGP 8.15.10.2712, I doubt this will help as disable/enabled IGP shouldn't even matter and drivers shouldn't either as I'm not even using it.

So what were you saying up there Sin0822? Did you mean that you and Dino think this might be caused by some boards actually being faulty, and this is not just some BIOS or setting issue?
            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-08-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Eventhough you can always have a faulty motherboard, I'm not yet convinced if this is and Bios related matter or
              that the Ivy Bridge processors have a problem/bug communicating with the z77 chip set, causing the Windows 7
              Free up and other related booting problems.

Please further note this problem is also occuring with Asrock and Asus motherboard ao., perhaps it looks like
              more GB user are effected, but that could well be as result of more GB being sold.

Gb are currently urgently looking into this matter and hopefully at new forthcoming bios release will solve a lot
              of the current issues as listed in this forum.

I will certainly not return my UD5 to the retailer, since I only had two W7 freezes, since last saturday.

meanwhile found two examples of Asrock and Asus user having similar problems !

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...nt-find-google

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...Freezing/page2

Originally posted by Valentino Buzatu View Post
              hello there people same problems here with my new ivy bridge , just send the motherboard ud5 back and probably i will go for asus or asrock very dissapointed with everything , also send the psu back and now i know that is this crappy gigabyte psu is an ocz zx 850 gold quite good one so i dunno why i had the feeling it might be the psu
              Last edited by polypenko; 05-09-2012, 05:08 AM.

Comment

....and I am having no freezes or shutdowns, except what I consider 'normal' when overclocking and only until I make adjustments to compensate. So it's puzzling to me. When you see some boards working and some not you thinik the board is bad, but I just don't know. A lot of people with no problems never post anything so it's hard to tell.
                Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
                Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
                PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
                Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
                HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
                SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

Originally posted by polypenko View Post
                  Eventhough you can always have a faulty motherboard, I'm not yet convinced if this is and Bios related matter or
                  that the Ivy Bridge processors have a problem/bug communicating with the z77 chip set, causing the Windows 7
                  Free up and other related booting problems.

Please further note this problem is also occuring with Asrock and Asus motherboard ao., perhaps it looks like
                  more GB user are effected, but that could well be as result of more GB being sold.

Gb are currently urgently looking into this matter and hopefully at new forthcoming bios release will solve a lot
                  of the current issues as listed in this forum.

I will certainly not return my UD5 to the retailer, since I only had two W7 freezes, since last saturday.

meanwhile found two examples of Asrock and Asus user having similar problems !

New build, weird freeze problem. (couldnt find on google) - General-Homebuilt - Homebuilt-Systems

Maximus V Gene Z77 USB Trouble, Mouse Freezing - Page 2
                  i know what your saying mate , but tbh with you i love this motherboard but to do stuff like this from the first bios on all the bioses is wierd you know what i mean , mine even freezes in bios sometimes

Comment

Only with my Logitech Momo Stearing wheel connected to the rear blue usb 3.0 I'm not even able to enter the Bios
                    or partually. (see attached photo's)

Click image for larger version

Name:	b2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	752103
                    Last edited by polypenko; 05-09-2012, 05:44 AM.

Comment

tell you what i will pick asus p8z77 deluxe

Comment

User ratings for the GA-Z77X-UD5H at Newegg show:
                        • 5 star 76% (31)
                        • 4 star 10% (4)
                        • 3 star 05% (2)
                        • 2 star 00% (0)
                        • 1 star 10% (4)

Even though this isn't a large sample, these are very good to excellent ratings by motherboard standards.

For the GA-Z68XP-UD4, the ratings are:
                        • 5 star 55% (38)
                        • 4 star 14% (10)
                        • 3 star 06% (4)
                        • 2 star 09% (6)
                        • 1 star 16% (11)

It would be interesting to see how comparable Asus, MSI, and ASRock motherboards are doing.
                        Buying a "bleeding edge" system can be hazardous to your mental health.
                        Immature bios development is the price that some have to pay when being first adopters.

**edit** one last entry:
                        MSI Z77A-GD65 user ratings:
                        • 5 star 50% (8)
                        • 4 star 31% (5)
                        • 3 star 19% (3)
                        • 2 star 00% (0)
                        • 1 star 00% (0)
                        Last edited by profJim; 05-09-2012, 05:52 AM.
                        Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                        P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                        4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                        MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                        Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                        WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                        SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                        Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                        Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                        Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                        MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                        Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                        HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                        CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

When you surmise how many mobo's Newegg sells those are surprisingly small samples, which is in line with my thinking that for the vast majority of buyers, no comments are ever seen anywhere, including forums like this.
                          PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
                          Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if a lot of problems are USB/Intel chip-driver related. Although I'm not getting any freezes, etc, I've had Windows twice report problems with a USB 3.0 hub that as far as I can tell has nothing populated on it.

Comment

I haven't voted on Newegg yet for my purchase as I like to give the product a bit if possible.

There seems to be two different issues going on. There's the "freezing/lock up" issue and then there's a "BSOD" issue. Personally I never once BSOD, just random freezing.

PS: Let computer idle over night, no issues.

Comment

"made in taiwan" says it all

you just need to be patient and wait for bios's to catch up,its nearly always the case when new hardware comes out,good reason to wait ect if you can till all the bugs are ironed out ect or buy used,i had same hair pulling stage when i bought my x58 ud5 at launch s3 sleep resume problems ect they did get fixed with newer bios releases
                                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X