Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use a Rev. B3 BIOS on a P67 UD4 B2 board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I use a Rev. B3 BIOS on a P67 UD4 B2 board?

Originally posted by stasio View Post
    To return back to B2 BIOS : GA-P67A-UD5 - F8
    OK so, I have a GA-P67A-UD4 B2 and recently upgraded from a 2500k to a 3770k. Since the F7 bios doesn't show the 3770k as being supported before I did the upgrade I flashed the F8 bios for the B3 stepping and everything's working however my multiplier is now stuck at 39. I tried EasyTune6 but that has the same problem, so I'd like to go back to a B2 bios to see if that changes anything. The file you provided throws up a BIOS partnumber(AWARD) is not correct! error in @BIOS, what can I do to get back to the F7 bios I had before?

Thanks!

EDIT; Looks like the problem is you linked a UD5 bios. I tried looking for the UD4 version but the site it was on, fileden, is down. Would you mind rehosting it?
    Last edited by Fink; 10-04-2013, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Stasio, do you happen to know about a version of the B2 -> B3 BIOS but for the GA-P67a-UD3P?

Comment

Originally posted by Drexl View Post
        Stasio, do you happen to know about a version of the B2 -> B3 BIOS but for the GA-P67a-UD3P?
        B2 -> B3 BIOS F9 for GA-P67a-UD3P

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

How to flash....post #3

Comment

B2 -> B3 BIOS F9 for GA-P67a-UD3Phttps://www.mediafire.com/?0ap1z56l6x78bpqHow to flash....post #3
          Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Drexl View Post
            Thank you very much!
            No problem,let me know how is going.

Comment

No problem,let me know how is going.
              It's working fine so far. Thanks again.

Comment

GA-H67MA-D2H and ivy bridge CPU

I'm trying to use an ivy bridge cpu in a ga-h67ma-d2h (not b3). I have subsequently patched and flashed the latest ga-h67ma-d2h-b3 bios, using the procedure discussed in this thread, and it works fine with a sandy bridge chip. However, when I swap over to an ivy bridge chip, it doesn't post, just boot loops. I'm guessing the bios section that handles ivy bridge didn't get updated or the motherboard is just incompatible. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Here's a link to my ga-h67ma-d2h (rev 1.0) support page:
                GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-H67MA-D2H (rev. 1.0)

And here's the ga-h67ma-d2h-b3 (rev 1.0) support page:
                GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-H67MA-D2H-B3 (rev. 1.0)

I have the following CPUs, i5 3470T (ivy) and i5 2400 (sandy).

Comment

Must flash (with sandy installed) at least F5 BIOS for B3 revision.
                  Of course, F6 (latest)also can.

- Support Intel 3rd generation 22nm E1 stepping CPU (Ivy bridge)

Edit:
                  According to cpu-support , i5 3470T is supported with F6 BIOS.

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket 1155 - Intel H67 - GA-H67MA-D2H-B3 (rev. 1.0)
                  Last edited by stasio; 03-02-2016, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Must flash (with sandy installed) at least F5 BIOS for B3 revision.
                    Of course, F6 (latest)also can.
                    Yes I did flashed F6 (latest B3 bios) with i5 2400, but when I swap over to the i5 3470T cpu - no post - just continuous boot loop.

Today, I flashed with FPT (version 8) in a DOS partition to ensure the entire image is being written:
                    fpt -d backup.bin
                    fpt -rewrite -f bios.bin
                    fpt -greset
                    Where 'bios.bin' is the renamed F6 bios.

No issues flashing, but when I swap back to ivy cpu - no post. I'm stumped!

Thanks for the prompt reply, Stasio.

Comment

Check your memory, if is compatible with Ivy (probably main reason) and
                      your i5 3470T cpu with some friends compatible board (or in some shop).
                      Last edited by stasio; 03-03-2016, 08:27 AM.

Comment

GA-H67MA-D2H and ivy bridge CPU

Check your memory, if is compatible with Ivy (probably main reason) and
                        your i5 3470T cpu with some friends compatible board (or in some shop).
                        I can confirm both my memory 4GB stick and the i5 3470T work fine on my brother's P8Z77-V + i5 3570k system.
                        My 4GB stick is XMS3 ? 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz C9 Memory Kit (CMX4GX3M1A1600C9)

But I hadn't thought about trying different memory, good suggestion. So today I installed the i5 3570k onto the GA-H67MA-D2H and tried an assortment of working 1066, 1333, 1600Mhz, 2GB and 4GB sticks - same issue unfortunately, no post.
                        Last edited by Pota; 03-03-2016, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Try to clear_CMOS and after pull out battery for at least 30min....maybe help.
                          Any other hardware plug-in except cpu,memory,keyboard,mouse,video card....?

Comment

Try to clear_CMOS and after pull out battery for at least 30min....maybe help.
                            Any other hardware plug-in except cpu,memory,keyboard,mouse,video card....?
                            Cleared cmos and removed battery as suggested - no change - powers on then boot loops - doesn't post.
                            Just ivy cpu , 4G stick, mouse, keyboard, display and psu cable plugged in.

Maybe the ivy bridge cpu transplant is too much for the old girl?

Comment

Working...
                            X