• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by stasio View Post
    Sorry, no more doing BIOS modding.
    Maybe you can try yourself....
    Forum - BIOS Modding Guides and Problems
    Hi stasio, i have a question, it is necessary update cpu microcode for 7 series board? I am worried about lost performance by Meltdown and Spectre microcode update.

Comment

I tried to search for individual posts but sadly not having luck. Is there any modified BIOS for the GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0 motherboard by any chance? And thanks in advance.

Comment

• GA-X58A UD3r and F6 bios

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to getting the F6 BIOS to work on the GA-X58A UD3r motherboard . Loads the bios but hangs at the Starting Windows screen .

Comment

• Re: GA-X58A UD3r and F6 bios

Originally posted by david carey View Post
          I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to getting the F6 BIOS to work on the GA-X58A UD3r motherboard . Loads the bios but hangs at the Starting Windows screen .
          Hi, I also saw your post on overclock.net.
          If you want to flash newer BIOS then F6 in DOS,you must use new FlashSpi.exe which is included in F7L BIOS.
          Btw,
          latest is F8a

GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Edit:
          you can flash also F8b with SLIC.
          Source
          Last edited by stasio; 06-12-2020, 05:16 AM.

Comment

If you want to flash newer BIOS then F6 in DOS,you must use new FlashSpi.exe which is included in F7L BIOS.
            Btw,
            latest is F8a

Edit:
            Source
            I cannot get into windows after installing the F6 bios - even after a clean windows 7 install , will this problem persist with windows 10 ? F7 and F8 report file size error . The links most often are obsolete . F6 bios reports all installed memory(4x2gb) whereas F4 and F5 report only 4GB . I would like to see if this situation is the same in windows , but all options to enter windows with F6 bios are denied

Comment

Btw,
              latest is F8a

Edit:
              Source
              Does F6 bios not work then ? The newer ones F7 and F8 bring up a file size error . The F6 correctly identifies all installed memory , whereas the F4 and F5 do not . I would like to see if this carries over to windows but all avenues to enter windows seem to be closed , to me at least . How do I load F7 and F8 , i am very new to this

Comment

Btw,
                latest is F8a

Edit:
                Source
                How do i flash the F8b bios ? I still cannot get the F6 to work

Comment

Originally posted by david carey View Post
                  How do i flash the F8b bios ? I still cannot get the F6 to work
                  BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

Comment

Hello, is any modded Bios available for motherBoard GA-Z97-D3H ??
                    I recently updated my rig, and added an SDD, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, So from info I gathered around Boot from SSD NVMe is kind of complicated/ not supported, but I did not encounter any problem at all.
                    I disconnected all drive from the motherBoard, Formatted the SSD in GPT with GParted, installed Windows 10 onto it, and successfully boot from the SSD on everybody, as with an old HDD drive... SSD is shown in Bios as should, so everything fine till here.
                    So, on Windows 10, I did some speed test on this SSD and I am getting result around 1500MB/sec ??
                    I dont know what is wrong, as other feedback are getting around 3500Mb/s. On Official site too. I cheked the SSD with Samsung SSD and it is Genuine, so no issue at this site.
                    So maybe, it is an issue with the motherBoard ??? an Bios update could increase this speed , to be kind of normal?? PS: on GigaByte page, the MotherBoard is supposed to handle speed up to 10Gb/s
                    GA-Z97-D3H (rev. 1.1): GA-Z97-D3H (rev. 1.1) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global
                    Maybe some expert user around can enlight a lamba user??
                    Thx

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZwan View Post
                      Maybe some expert user around can enlight a lamba user??
                      Thx
                      Before you ask for modded BIOS,did you try BIOS after F9...?
                      Here is:
                      GA-Z97-D3H - F10a
                      GA-Z97-D3H - F10b
                      GA-Z97-D3H - F10c
                      GA-Z97-D3H - F10d
                      GA-Z97-D3H - F10e

Comment

Before you ask for modded BIOS,did you try BIOS after F9...?
                        Here is:
                        GA-Z97-D3H - F10a
                        GA-Z97-D3H - F10b
                        GA-Z97-D3H - F10c
                        GA-Z97-D3H - F10d
                        GA-Z97-D3H - F10e
                        Hello, and thx for the help. I could not try further than F9 Bios, because it was the last one provided on official GigaByte site.
                        I though that those Bios F10a >> F10e are modded Bios...
                        Sorry for the lexic confusion.
                        PS: After my post, I discovered F10e on main page, so I will give it a try. But first I think, I will read about downgrade of Bios just in case.... I think, it is a wise choice...
                        And do you think that this "low" speed benchmark of an SSD can be related to an Bios version?? or maybe a hardware limitation of the motherBoard maybe?
                        Thx.
                        Last edited by ZipZwan; 06-18-2020, 05:36 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

hello I have a board z68ma-d2h-b3 1.3v .. in your mod file is no longer available ... can someone please re-upload it or if you can give me a version of the mod now that it is 2020 .. in advance I thank the one who I supported

Comment

hi I have a GA-G41M-combo 1.3 board I wanted to know if any of you could help me update as much as possible this bios and add the microcodes to use a xeon x5460

I thank you in advance for your support

Comment

Originally posted by freddydeitor View Post
                              hello I have a board z68ma-d2h-b3 1.3v .. in your mod file is no longer available ... can someone please re-upload it or if you can give me a version of the mod now that it is 2020 .. in advance I thank the one who I supported
                              Are you on UEFI BIOS U1c...?

Comment

• Re: BIOS modificado GIGABYTE

if I am in the last official U1C if you have any mod version I would appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                                X