• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Hardware

Comment

Hi guys!
      I don't know if somebody posted it yet, so I updated the Z77X-D3H's bios to the latest microcode for spectre patch.
      The base is the bios from first post: Z77X-D3H BIOS F18i mod.
      I flashed it with Q-Flash.

CPU MicroCode updated:
      Sandy (CPUID 206A7) microcode version 2D (07-02-2018) and Ivy (CPUID 306A9) microcode version 1F (07-02-2018)

Download:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aple1sNCCRUejMwUdZXm6rwdHVftLQ

Comment

Hi!

@stasio

I am new to this forum and registered just so I can ask: could I get a modded bios for my Z97X-UD3H?

F9 Original Link: http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...7x-ud3h_f9.zip

Regards,
        Mo

Comment

Hi guys,

any chance for a patched version of the GA-Z77X-UP7 BIOS F7a mod4?
          Last edited by Colonel Faulkner; 04-16-2018, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Hey there stasio!

I have the GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 motherboard. Saw you posted a moded F4 bios in this thread but I updated to F6 and can't downgrade to F4. Can you please mod the latest F6 bios for this motherboard? Also, seeing your F4 bios notes, what does it specifically mean? Like, you updated the killer network from 2.1.1.1 to 2.1.1.5? Is it a driver on the motherboard?

Thanks in anticipation!!!

Comment

Greetings!

I have an older motherboard & CPU. a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P F4b (REV 5.1) [ USB 2.0 ]
              Chipset:AMD 9600 rev 0 / 780G
              SouthBridge: SB700
              LPCIO: IT8728
              Processor: AMD FX 4100 Family: F Model: 1 Step: 2 Ext Family:15 Ext Model: 1 Revision: OR-B2 (4 Cores x 4 Threads)
              BIOS Type: Award ID:04/26/2013-RS780L-SB710-7A66CG0QC-00
              I have disabled the Internal GPU and have an AMD R7 360 (2GB) installed (PC PARTNER).

Orig Bios HERE

The entire line of bios nerfs AMD-V's One is unable to select the correct options. It shows as ready but is not active. Virtual box, Hyper-V complain.
              {I think the MSR's are not set correctly, and there is no Bios option enabled to be able to set the buggers.}
              I would like to request some help and or some information to be able to alter my bios.
              First, I would like to enable the options to enable the damn AMD-V and its kin.
              Second, to possibly update the microcode. This computer acts 'weird' at times, the USB hub likes to reset, I've had to clear the DMI a few times...

I hope this board is not too old...

Gabriel

Comment

• GA-Z77X-UD3H Meltdown+Spectre

A few days ago and confirmed tonight, it doesn't look like Gigabyte is going to patch the old GA-Z77X-UD3H motherboard I have here for Meltdown and Spectre beyond F20e. I hope I am wrong though.

I have not tried it yet but figured out how to patch the BIOSs myself. Am going to keep waiting a bit to see if MS patches it in Win 10 but in the mean time figured I would offer these up if anyone has a spare PC to try it on please do so and let me know. I have the original F20e BIOS and the modified BIOS from the first page; sha256 and md5 checksums are in the folder here but I'll repeat them just so you know for sure:

GA-Z77X-UD3H BIOS Updates

mod_Z77XUD3H.20e <-- This is Gigabyte's F20e BIOS for the GA-Z77X-UD3H
                2eff39ed4d1a381af29f6676ae8ca365 *mod_Z77XUD3H.20e md5sum
                ef208787991294afa1367abe63458662ac9dd7daa5ef4a4d36 98f2a89d363780 ?SHA256*mod_Z77XUD3H.20e

mod_z77xud3h_mod.20e <-- This is modified Gigabyte F20e BIOS for the GA-Z77X-UD3H. From the original author; all work remains his. He can also copy and link as he likes.
                de5dd95a7075e7348c49bfc432a6530a *mod_z77xud3h_mod.20e md5sum
                292ede824c440eea22f1e3b27b29b0f8ea902223c58d3f87ac 87ac32969f8cdb ?SHA256*mod_z77xud3h_mod.20e

If this works then great; I will eventually pick one and replace mine as well. If your computer has problems let me/us know, I tried...

Comment

Originally posted by moman2000 View Post
                  Hi!

@stasio

I am new to this forum and registered just so I can ask: could I get a modded bios for my Z97X-UD3H?

F9 Original Link: http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...7x-ud3h_f9.zip

Regards,
                  Mo
                  +1 Looking for the exact same modded BIOS here for that mobo. Any one willing to mod it would be highly appreciated :).

Comment

Hi Stasio,

Is there a modified BIOS for Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, which includes patches against Spectre / Meltdown vulnerabilities ?
                    The latest official BIOS F16j (released on 2017-11-14) only fixes the MATS table for installing MacOS.
                    I know this board is pretty old now, but I hope you or someone else were able to insert the new Intel microCode to fix those vulnerabilities.
                    GA-Z77X-UD5H rev. 1.0
                    BIOS F16c mod with UBU 1.37
                    Intel MEI FW v8.1.65.1586 + MEI driver v11.0.0.1166

2x 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 @ 1632MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T, 1.65V, Dual channel +

2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 @ 1632MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T, 1.65V, Dual channel (24GB total)

i5-3570K @ 4.5GHz @ 4 Cores (BCLK 102.26MHz, x44 multiplier) - air cooled.
                    Max Intel XTU Score: 780
                    Intel 520 120GB SSD - Win7 Pro SP1 x64 en-US
                    Antec VP450P 450W PSU (4+4 power for CPU)
                    1x LG IPS236 23" LCD monitors (DVI) running at 1920x1080.
                    1x Dell U2713H 27" LCD monitor (miniDP) running at 2560x1440.

Comment

Originally posted by ericgl View Post
                      Hi Stasio,

Is there a modified BIOS for Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, which includes patches against Spectre / Meltdown vulnerabilities ?
                      The latest official BIOS F16j (released on 2017-11-14) only fixes the MATS table for installing MacOS.
                      I know this board is pretty old now, but I hope you or someone else were able to insert the new Intel microCode to fix those vulnerabilities.
                      I am also wishing he answers this, or someone has some updated mod for this BIOS.
                      Its working rock solid for all this years and it would be great if something this important gets updated on this board.

Original BIOS F16j
                      Last edited by Mabs; 06-04-2018, 05:41 PM. Reason: add Link

Comment

As noted earlier, for Spectre / Meltdown vulnerabilities (older boards) request BIOS from GB Technical support.

Comment

oh... ok... I thought the microcode was available. Sorry for asking you that. :)

What about all the other components? is it possible to update anything with that F16j BIOS ? or is it to old to try?
                          Can you give any new update to it?

No problem if you can't... You are a living "dinosaur" helping people on this board. :) Many thanks for that. Glad to see you again in here... i wasn't expecting a familiar user still here in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mabs View Post
                            oh... ok... I thought the microcode was available. Sorry for asking you that. :)

What about all the other components? is it possible to update anything with that F16j BIOS ? or is it to old to try?
                            Can you give any new update to it?

No problem if you can't... You are a living "dinosaur" helping people on this board. :) Many thanks for that. Glad to see you again in here... i wasn't expecting a familiar user still here in this thread.
                            There is new microcode for Z77.....attached.
                            You can try update BIOS with UBU v1_70_b2_Dev.

New microcode 1155.zip

Edit:
                            Win 10 Intel microcode updates....
                            Microsoft Update Catalog
                            Last edited by stasio; 06-06-2018, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                              There is new microcode for Z77.....attached.
                              You can try update BIOS with UBU v1_70_b2_Dev.

[ATTACH]8249[/ATTACH]

Edit:
                              Win 10 Intel microcode updates....
                              Microsoft Update Catalog

i have this mobo z68ap-d3 ver 1 on bios f8 working without any problem
                              i wanna know what the best uefi file to flash it with ?
                              as i heard some have problem with fan controller and some have with gpu to work
                              so i need a file tested and work without any of those problems

Comment

i have this mobo z68ap-d3 ver 1 on bios f8 working without any problem
                                i wanna know what the best uefi file to flash it with ?
                                as i heard some have problem with fan controller and some have with gpu to work
                                so i need a file tested and work without any of those problems

Comment

Working...
                                X