This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Can anyone help with my GA-Z68XP-UD3P (rev 1.3)? I am still status quo waiting for someone with more brains than me to reply to my previous post.

(Please see previous post one page back, page 429, 4th from the end)

Thanks!
    Last edited by scottiemedic; 03-17-2015, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scottiemedic View Post
      Can anyone help with my GA-Z68XP-UD3P (rev 1.3)? I am still status quo waiting for someone with more brains than me to reply to my previous post.

(Please see previous post one page back, page 429, 4th from the end)

Thanks!
      scottiemedic,
      I don't have much time now,can you please go to this site:
      [Tool Guide+News] "UEFI BIOS Updater" (UBU)

read first post and download UBU 1.13....it's easy....beleive me.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
        scottiemedic,
        I don't have much time now,can you please go to this site:
        [Tool Guide+News] "UEFI BIOS Updater" (UBU)

read first post and download UBU 1.13....it's easy....beleive me.
        Thanks for the info Stasio. I did this previously with version 1.07x and added the TRIM support and the OROM for 12.x. Is this all I need? I don't need microcode updates, Gigabyte took care of that, but I'm unsure if I need any other options. As long as that is all I need, then I'll give it a try (my board has dual BIOS in case of Primary corruption, so I guess I don't have much to lose, just being overly cautious).

Comment

^
          Everything is in UBU 1.13,except ME firmware.

Comment

So, do I have to update EVERY component into my BIOS, or am I fine with adding TRIM and the OROM? Cause I've already made one with just those changes, is that all I need to do, or do I have to rewrite the WHOLE BIOS with all the features available in UBU? I am confused, maybe I'm not being understood or I've missed something along the way... I really don't want to jack my system up, but I don't mind doing the work myself, I just need a little direction that I've done what I need to OR if I have missed something...

From my first post, pertinent info in red I believe:

So, I have a GA-Z68XP-UD3P, U1g, the latest from Gigabyte's site.

There doesn't seem to be a modded BIOS for it here? I have been thru searches, pages of posts, etc etc, therefore:

Can someone mod the latest BIOS for my board? All I care about is running 2 gorgeous Samsung 830 256GB SSDs in RAID 0 with TRIM (mainly cause I have no idea what all the other options are for like Marvell, VGA, haha). I have a Core i5-2500k and dual 5770s and a 2TB Black Data drive so I don't *think* I need to worry about CPU microcodes or VGA stuff, as my system has been running awesome minus the second SSD for a year and a half or so. I just want/need more room on my primary drive for the OS and some programs I want to utilize the SSD speed (i.e. Maya, those fun kinds).
            I modded my own, using UBU 1077, did 'T' for the TRIM insert with the latest 12.x Intel OROM. But I'm rather shy to pull the trigger and flash without a nod that that's ok, or have someone make one for me?

Please, Stasio or anyone that has experience modding BIOS files??

Comment

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios failure Z87X Ud5h

Hi,

I had a hiccup trying to install the Z87X-UD5H-F10 mod bios I found on this thread. The thing is I updated the intel raid roms using mmtool 4.5 from 13.2 to 13.5.0.2164 and got IO disk errors immediately after in Windows 7 64. Prior to that I was running the F9 release bios. Interesting points are that I have multi boot setup with Win 8.1 on a Samsung 850 which suffered no ill effects but my Win 7 64 on my Samsung 830 couldn't handle it. Had errors with Windows Update, errors installing the latest RST 13.6 drivers, etc. My separate raid - 0 array seemed ok as I use it as a steam data drive. May have had errors from a separate 600gb raptor drive as well. Anyhow thanks to dual bios was able to go back to F9 by pulling a switch and the errors in Win 7 are gone. I even set the same bios settings on both which included xmp memory setting and raid. Didn't clear cmos though on the F10 mod bios install though. Previously was on 12.6 and a 12.X RST. Anyone have any idea what could have happened?

Thanks
              Last edited by davidm71; 03-19-2015, 08:53 PM. Reason: more info needed

Comment

Originally posted by scottiemedic View Post
                So, do I have to update EVERY component into my BIOS, or am I fine with adding TRIM and the OROM? Cause I've already made one with just those changes, is that all I need to do, or do I have to rewrite the WHOLE BIOS with all the features available in UBU? I am confused, maybe I'm not being understood or I've missed something along the way... I really don't want to jack my system up, but I don't mind doing the work myself, I just need a little direction that I've done what I need to OR if I have missed something...

From my first post, pertinent info in red I believe:

So, I have a GA-Z68XP-UD3P, U1g, the latest from Gigabyte's site.

There doesn't seem to be a modded BIOS for it here? I have been thru searches, pages of posts, etc etc, therefore:

Can someone mod the latest BIOS for my board? All I care about is running 2 gorgeous Samsung 830 256GB SSDs in RAID 0 with TRIM (mainly cause I have no idea what all the other options are for like Marvell, VGA, haha). I have a Core i5-2500k and dual 5770s and a 2TB Black Data drive so I don't *think* I need to worry about CPU microcodes or VGA stuff, as my system has been running awesome minus the second SSD for a year and a half or so. I just want/need more room on my primary drive for the OS and some programs I want to utilize the SSD speed (i.e. Maya, those fun kinds).
                I modded my own, using UBU 1077, did 'T' for the TRIM insert with the latest 12.x Intel OROM. But I'm rather shy to pull the trigger and flash without a nod that that's ok, or have someone make one for me?

Please, Stasio or anyone that has experience modding BIOS files??
                The problem is ....your BIOS has limited space...

GA-Z68XP-UD3P -U1gm

Modified with :

Intel Legacy RAID ROM 11.1.0.1413 to 13.1.0.2126
                Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2126
                Intel VGA BIOS 2158 to 2170
                Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1023 to 3.0.1027
                Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
                Realtek PCIe GBE Controller 2.50 to 2.61
                Realtek EFI UNDI 2.015 to 2.034
                Marvell 88SE91xx SATA RAID 1.0.0.0027 to 1.0.0.0034
                Sandy (06A7) CPU-MicroCode rev.28 to 29
                Ivy E1(06A9) CPU-MicroCode from rev17 to 1B
                ME fw 8.0.0.1351
                Modified splash logo2

ME fw update yourself to 8.1.52.1496 in windows mode.
                Last edited by stasio; 03-21-2015, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Re: Gigabyte Modified bios

Hello does anyone know if theres a newest Mod Bios for GA-X79-UP4 apart from the 2 in the first page ? Thank you :)

Comment

Would it be possible to mod the latest bios (f9) of ga-z87x-d3h?

Would be really great.

Thanks.

Comment

GA-Z87X-D3H Bios F9 Mod 1

Modified with :
                      Intel OROM RAID for SATA 12.7.0.1936 to 13.5.0.2164
                      Intel EFI Raid for SATA 12.5.0.1815 to 13.5.0.2164
                      Intel OROM Haswell VBIOS 1028
                      Intel EFI GOP Broadwell 5.5.1023 to 5.5.1032
                      Intel OROM PXE 1.5.04 to 1.5.62
                      Intel EFI UNDI 5.1.00 to 6.6.04
                      CPU Microcode 0306C3-19 to 0306C3-1D
                      ME Firmware 9.0.30.1482
                      Modified splash logo 2

ME Firmware for IntelĀ® 8: Pick the latest version and update yourself in Win mode
                      Last edited by Priskvark; 04-06-2015, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I updated the GA-EP45-UD3R beta F13e BIOS a few months back for my own use. I wanted to use a particular revision of the Intel RAID OROM and drivers, and couldn't find what I needed. Figured while I did that I'd update to the latest RealTek and JMicron I could find as well. It flashed fine on my Rev 1.1 board, and everything seems to work. But use at your own risk, and all that.

GA-EP45-UD3R BIOS version: F13e (beta)
                        Intel RAID ROM - 11.2.0.1527 (for use with driver version 11.2.0.1006, according to Intel)
                        RealTek LAN - 2.60
                        J.Micron - 1.07.28

Modified - "EP45UD3R.mod"
                        MD5: 0D53AB4173B3A14A1658CBFB4B78845F
                        SHA-1: A4520B8AD6B22E02FCCB7E10233CF4945D3FA60D

Original beta - "EP45UD3R.13e"
                        MD5: 000482F9666989B02B204FB49E6D4EE2
                        SHA-1: 75C8024F1812CFE14F308B23A89FBFA418C81EE3

Download (Dropbox)
                        Last edited by Dalamar; 03-31-2015, 04:58 PM. Reason: trying to delete extra white space
                        CPU: Q9550 @ 3.4GHz (400x8.5, 1.300V, ZeroTherm FZ120 heatsink)
                        Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R PCB v1.1, BIOS F13e (modified)
                        RAM: 8GB (2x2GB Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5D, 2x2GB OCZ 2P1066LV2G, 1.9V 4-4-4-12 @ 400MHz)
                        Video: Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB
                        Audio: SB X-Fi Platinum PCI (in PCI3)
                        HD: SanDisk Extreme II 240GB SSD
                        Optical: LiteOn iHAS124B DVD+/-RW
                        PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W S75QB
                        Case: LianLi PC-61 USB (2x 80mm lower front intake, 80mm blowhole, 80mm rear exhaust, and 80mm exhaust in PSU)

Comment

Hi to all.

Is there a moded bios for Z97x-UD5H BLK?

I,m using right now F6, because the last beta bios (F7g) was too "buggy".

Many thanks.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostearth View Post
                            GA-X79-UD3.
                            F21eBeta:

F21e beta mod rev3

CRC32: 8281BFD8
                            MD5: C10F4A8CD2DC3AB037B44390B40AD5F0
                            SHA-1: 267B7AB6659B4F5901B8FEC026845480ABE54BC3

Ghostearth.
                            @Ghostearth, can you re-upload x79-ud3 f21e mod rev3 please, mediafire reports that link is no longer valid.

Also, an unrelated question, do you know if it is possible to add NVMe support to the x79-ud3 by means of a modified UEFI/firmware?

Regards,
                            flubba86

Comment

Don't use the download manager (just untick the box)

Download F21e beta mod rev3.7z
                              CRC32: 8281BFD8
                              MD5: C10F4A8CD2DC3AB037B44390B40AD5F0
                              SHA-1: 267B7AB6659B4F5901B8FEC026845480ABE54BC3

Ghostearth.

Originally posted by flubba86 View Post
                              @Ghostearth, can you re-upload x79-ud3 f21e mod rev3 please, mediafire reports that link is no longer valid.

Also, an unrelated question, do you know if it is possible to add NVMe support to the x79-ud3 by means of a modified UEFI/firmware?

Regards,
                              flubba86

Comment

Originally posted by flubba86 View Post
                                do you know if it is possible to add NVMe support to the x79-ud3 by means of a modified UEFI/firmware?

Regards,
                                flubba86

I also would be interested. Thank.

Comment

Working...
                                X