This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

I don't use the marvel ports so i dont need that rom :) only intel/lan would be fine for me

Comment

Why not just use this BIOS, already modified? Doing another is more work for no reason, agreed?
      http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post422757

Just trying to save Ace some work, no need to start doing 3-5 BIOS mods for the same BIOS ya know. And the Marvell ROM update in the BIOS is only applied via manually invoking it anyway, so you can opt to not do that if you want, which would leave onchip in action or you can set onchip if you want to be sure the update is never applied.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        Damn it haha I should have noticed the mod 2 instead of mod 3! Sorry man, you are correct I uploaded the wrong zip!

<s>Fixing links now, sorry again!</s> Fixed!

WELL LOL u have fiexed the fixing link how wasnt fixed becoze NO LINK ABLE/FOUND ON THIS FIX ~ OH men i think u havnt sleeped some days?

Hope i can get soon this Damn BIOS

FrfG
        Pentoryx
        Last edited by Pentoryx; 04-02-2012, 01:59 AM. Reason: forgot some

Comment

What do you mean, I fixed the link on the original post you quoted, and on the main page link as well?

So the new link is in this thread twice now, and has been here for the past 5 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
            GA-X58A-UD9 F6 MOD

Updated with...

IRST 11.1.0.1413
            Realteck 2.46
            Jmicron 1.07.28

mb_bios_ga-x58a-ud9_Mod_3_1_12_f6.rar
            Originally posted by Lonelobo View Post
            I don't use the marvel ports so i dont need that rom :) only intel/lan would be fine for me
            This bios was only moddified with the IRST, Realtek, and Jmicron. I did not get answer so thats all that got modded. Maybe I should have just made a complete mod and will do in the future as LSD said the Marvell firmware does not get applied unless you manually invoke it to update.
            Main Rig
            Gigabyte z87x-OC
            Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
            G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
            Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
            Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
            HiS ATI HD 6950
            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
            Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
            Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
            Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
            CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
            Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
            EK Supremacy Cpu Block
            Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
            Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

What do you mean, I fixed the link on the original post you quoted, and on the main page link as well?

So the new link is in this thread twice now, and has been here for the past 5 hours

OH MY GOD -> lol , ...plz give in future a hint, that u have the file or link on the request updated -> lol, i think what is he talking for?, i dont find find OH MY GOD

now downloaded and hope to get now my best hehehe

THX and FrfG
              Pentoryx

Comment

Originally posted by Pentoryx View Post
                OH MY GOD -> lol , ...plz give in future a hint, that u have the file or link on the request updated -> lol, i think what is he talking for?, i dont find find OH MY GOD

THX and FrfG
                Pentoryx
                Kannst du bitte versuchen und zu übersetzen mit Google. Es ist sehr schwer, Ihr Englisch zu verstehen. Es tut mir leid Ich versuche nicht unhöflich zu sein. LSD hat den Link auf der ersten Beitrag dieses Threads mit der richtigen BIOS-Mod für das Board geschrieben aktualisiert. Alle anderen Dateien Sie heruntergeladen haben, löschen Sie diese und laden Sie die Datei erneut

and in English

Can you please try and translate with Google. It is very hard to understand your English. I'm sorry I'm not trying to be rude. LSD has updated the link posted on the first post of this thread with the correct BIOS mod for the board. All other files you have downloaded, delete it and download the file again.
                Main Rig
                Gigabyte z87x-OC
                G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                HiS ATI HD 6950
                CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

Does the Marvell BIOS 1.0.01033 / Firmware 2.2.0.1125 apply for 9182 controller found on the GA-X58A-OC board? As far as I saw before it did not apply to the 9182 because the device ID was not even in the supported list.

Comment

No that firmware is not for that controller its for the older controllers who can be updated via the bios.
                    Main Rig
                    Gigabyte z87x-OC
                    HiS ATI HD 6950
                    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                    EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

Originally posted by dejanh View Post
                      Does the Marvell BIOS 1.0.01033 / Firmware 2.2.0.1125 apply for 9182 controller found on the GA-X58A-OC board? As far as I saw before it did not apply to the 9182 because the device ID was not even in the supported list.
                      No that firmware is not for that controller its for the older controllers who can be updated via the bios.
                      That Marvell can be updated as well, same way as other PCI ROM's (not group). You just need to have to download BIOSes and check ROM's and see which one is newer if any. Like Some G1 boards, P67-UD7, ect have this controller, just check the specs to see which all do @ Top End models). The version on these can be viewed in notepad, it's at the bottom, and about 1/3 way down from the top too.

The ROM is 91a2b.bin = From F5e for OC BIOS version is 1.0.0.0017, not sure if there is any newer or not as I've never looked into this much. It's fast anyway, so really no need!

Originally posted by Pentoryx View Post

THX and FrfG
                      Pentoryx
                      Sorry you missed it! I wrote "Sorry, fixing links now - then fixed!"

I thought you would get that I was correcting the links, that's why I edited and said fixed once I corrected it.

Comment

GA-X58A-UD9 F6 MOD seems to work like a charm for me :) get some slight improvments in write/read speed compared to 11.5 rom

Comment

That Marvell can be updated as well, same way as other PCI ROM's (not group). You just need to have to download BIOSes and check ROM's and see which one is newer if any. Like Some G1 boards, P67-UD7, ect have this controller, just check the specs to see which all do @ Top End models). The version on these can be viewed in notepad, it's at the bottom, and about 1/3 way down from the top too.

The ROM is 91a2b.bin = From F5e for OC BIOS version is 1.0.0.0017, not sure if there is any newer or not as I've never looked into this much. It's fast anyway, so really no need!

Sorry you missed it! I wrote "Sorry, fixing links now - then fixed!"

I thought you would get that I was correcting the links, that's why I edited and said fixed once I corrected it.
                          I actually have a newer 1.0.0.0025 version of the option ROM for 9182 (91a2b) that I have been using for a while. If you guys want I can share the option ROM (of course when I am off work lol). I found it to be more stable than 1.0.0.0017.

:)

Comment

Originally posted by dejanh View Post
                            I actually have a newer 1.0.0.0025 version of the option ROM for 9182 (91a2b) that I have been using for a while. If you guys want I can share the option ROM (of course when I am off work lol). I found it to be more stable than 1.0.0.0017.

:)
                            What board did you pull it from? And what do you mean by more stable, did you have stability issues with the older one, really? I've never used it as an OS controller, so I've asking seriously, as I'm not sure how stable it is when used like that I've only benched it and never saw any issues.

Comment

Kannst du bitte versuchen und zu übersetzen mit Google. Es ist sehr schwer, Ihr Englisch zu verstehen. Es tut mir leid Ich versuche nicht unhöflich zu sein. LSD hat den Link auf der ersten Beitrag dieses Threads mit der richtigen BIOS-Mod für das Board geschrieben aktualisiert. Alle anderen Dateien Sie heruntergeladen haben, löschen Sie diese und laden Sie die Datei erneut

and in English

Can you please try and translate with Google. It is very hard to understand your English. I'm sorry I'm not trying to be rude. LSD has updated the link posted on the first post of this thread with the correct BIOS mod for the board. All other files you have downloaded, delete it and download the file again.

HEHEHE, ACEBMXER...

GERMAN: Alles ist gut soweit, wir lieben den Frieden und Sonnenschein

ENGLISH: all ist good, we love the peace and sunshinne

FrfG
                              Pentoryx

Comment

Per Request @ Pentoryx

GA-X58A-UD7 Rev. 1.0 F9d MOD Complete

Intel RAID ROM 11.1.0.1413
                                Realtek LAN 2.46
                                J.Micron 1.07.28
                                Marvell BIOS 1.0.01033 / Firmware 2.2.0.1125

X58A-UD7 Rev. 1.0 MOD Complete 3.zip

Have this Bbios now nearly 24 hours runing, with much overclock also underclock and realy hard diffrent settings with my I7-980X-EE

RAMs realy 2/4/6/8/10/12GB = 2x Tripple-Kit 2x3-ModulePacks GSkill Trident F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD 2000MHz RAM @ all ram&bios&chipset settings combinations from 800 - 2450MHz 1,60-1,92V
                                RAMs realy 4/8/12/16/20/24GB = 1x Tripple-Kit 6-ModulePack Corsair Vengance 24GB CMZ24GX3M6A1600C9 1600MHz @ all ram&bios&chipset combinations from 800 - 1952MHz 1,50 - 1,72V

tested & runing , but alot also i have, some bios settings are out/off, also some controllers... AND BIOS, BOARD, RAM, Intel SSDs, W2K3-EE-32B IS RUNING ATM VERY WELL & FAST!!!

RAM-Tests done with Memtest86+ all under Aircooling and so on...

Hardware Test also done with Online-gaming & 1 of the 2-on-board Realtek-LAN-controllers... becouze here is the real power needed and all must work in harmonie...

Other OS'es (W7/Server/Linux/Virtual-Machines 32B+64B) and RAIDs & Harddisks usw follows the next days and weeks..., longtime test and when possible much intesive system-installations-tests also.

Boot-times seems under Intels-RAID but no Harddisks for RAID active, only 1 SSD-37GB and 1 Harddisk with 2TB in the RAID-Mode as AHCI runs also very well and i mean better and faster also the BIOS-Post

But remember i have some bios-settings off becouze dont need at this time not all options, but will test it also...

Hope someone finds this report usefully & i can help that REAL FACTs and USEABLE Realtime infos gives here!

Friendly regards from Germany
                                PentoryX
                                Last edited by Pentoryx; 04-04-2012, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X