This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

^ Do you have a Newer AMD RAID ROM from a 760G/SB710 Based MB to test in that BIOS ?
    The f3a Beta BIOS has version 3.0.1540.59 in it.
    Last edited by NoJuan999; 09-09-2012, 11:54 AM.
    I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
    If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

Originally posted by NoJuan999 View Post
      ^ Do you have a Newer AMD RAID ROM from a 760G/SB710 Based MB to test in that BIOS ?
      The f3a Beta BIOS has version 3.0.1540.59 in it.
      Yes I do, I take out from that website AHCI/RAID ROM modules for BIOS modding - already extracted - BIOS/BIOS-Modding - Win-Lite Forum

I want update the RAID rom for the version V3.2.1540.6 ( Which belongs my chipset ) and the AHCI rom for the version V3.1.0.0

But i've searched on internet and seems like we get stuck on bios mod due the DualBIOS Gigabyte function. Then I'm doubt if can edit him.

Thanks for the reply, Peace.

Comment

I tried CBROM, and Award BIOS Editor but any work, in CBROM, the order of the components doesn't got organized and I think this might be the error, and the Award BIOS Editor everything seems ok, organized, same size, but I compared in CBROM with the original file and it got diferent, see the image.

* The Left side is the original BIOS and the right side is the "modded" BIOS file.

Thanks everybody.

Comment

What version of cbrom are you using? Try a different version. Not all versions work with all chipset. For example cbrom115 works with p45 and x58 intel chipsets but p67/z68 works with cbrom198.

I dont know what version is needed for amd chipset.
          Main Rig
          Gigabyte z87x-OC
          Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
          G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
          Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
          Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
          HiS ATI HD 6950
          Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
          Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
          Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
          Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
          CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
          Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
          EK Supremacy Cpu Block
          Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
          Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
            What version of cbrom are you using? Try a different version. Not all versions work with all chipset. For example cbrom115 works with p45 and x58 intel chipsets but p67/z68 works with cbrom198.

I dont know what version is needed for amd chipset.
            I tried the lastest version, 198, but i'll try another versions. But i'm not sure it'll works.

Edit: Does not work, same problem. Perhaps it is not compatible with AMD3+ chipset or BIOS.

Thank you.
            Last edited by johnslash; 09-10-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Can someone please mod EP45T-UD3P rev. 1.0 bios version F8j ( latest F8l or F8k are missing some options in advanced bios features ) with the latest Oroms ( IRST is a must rest of them if you can ).

EP45T-UD3P F8j bios - http://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/jzb/ep45tud3pf8j.exe ( the download link is from here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post277052 )

Thank you.

Have a nice day,
              Lucian

Comment

Originally posted by johnslash View Post
                I tried the lastest version, 198, but i'll try another versions. But i'm not sure it'll works.

Edit: Does not work, same problem. Perhaps it is not compatible with AMD3+ chipset or BIOS.

Thank you.
                As stated on that Site:
                Usually there are 2 AMD RAID ROM modules within an AMD chipset BIOS, one for the Device ID 4392 and one for the Device ID 4393.
                For a proper function both of them need a separate BIOS module named misc.bin. So if you want to update one of the AMD RAID modules, you have to update the related misc.bin too. The misc.bin modules are not easy to find, because they are just normal modules and no PCI ROM ones shown with a Vendor and Device ID.

>AMD RAID ROM v3.2.1540.6< (for DEV_4392, that means SB7xx)
                >AMD MISC.BIN Module for v3.2.1540.6< (for DEV_4392, not yet available, who has it?)

You can read through this Thread and see if anything there helps you:
                Last edited by NoJuan999; 09-10-2012, 05:12 PM.
                If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

Thank you Acebmxer for your time.

Question: when Gigabyte puts out a BIOS update, do they include updated bios/firmware to the other peripherals also, like you do?

If not, can you please do GA-Z77X-UP5 TH - F11 ? (I'm actually interested in getting the intel integrated graphics bios updated--for thunderbolt stability purposes--right now it's a bit finicky )
                  GA-Z77X-UP5TH, BIOS F12j mod10
                  Core i7-3770K @ 4.0GHz + Corsair Dominator 4x8GB CMP32GX3M4X1600C10
                  ATI Asus 7950 OC
                  Samsung SSD 840 Series 512GB + Seagate 4TB x 6
                  RME Babyface Audio Interface
                  Lian Li PC-V1110, Noctua NH-U14S, Corsair 860i
                  Apple Thunderbolt Display 27" + iMac 2010 27"
                  Windows 8.1

Comment

Originally posted by NoJuan999 View Post
                    As stated on that Site:
                    Usually there are 2 AMD RAID ROM modules within an AMD chipset BIOS, one for the Device ID 4392 and one for the Device ID 4393.
                    For a proper function both of them need a separate BIOS module named misc.bin. So if you want to update one of the AMD RAID modules, you have to update the related misc.bin too. The misc.bin modules are not easy to find, because they are just normal modules and no PCI ROM ones shown with a Vendor and Device ID.

>AMD RAID ROM v3.2.1540.6< (for DEV_4392, that means SB7xx)
                    >AMD MISC.BIN Module for v3.2.1540.6< (for DEV_4392, not yet available, who has it?)

You can read through this Thread and see if anything there helps you:
                    DL: Sabertooth 990FX BIOS 1304 with Updated RAID ROM

Thank you so much for all that information, but I think i'll wait for the Gigabyte next release, cause mod my motherboard is tough and dangerous.

THanks for everything, but if something new shows up, i'll try again.

Comment

can someone modify the gigabyte f14p bios for the x58-ud4p (ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/bios/moth...-ud4p_f14p.exe) with:

IRST 11.5.0.1414
                      Realtek 2.48
                      Jmicron 1.07.28

this board lacks the marvel sata-6

its different than the regular ud4 posted on the first page of this thread.

anyone? many please and thanks.

Comment

So I updated to the modified BIOS for GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 2.0 and installed the actual Marvell drivers and my sequential reads dropped and AS SSD score increased a little. This is on a 128GB Vertex 4 w/ FW 1.5 btw. Here is where its at right now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	753304

I was wondering if this should be considered normal for the Marvell controller? I get better performance from the native Intel SATA 3Gb/s controller.

Also I saw the Marvell Firmware got updated to 2.2.0.1125b and was wondering if some one could update the modded BIOS for me.
                        Last edited by Spegs21; 09-14-2012, 12:53 AM.
                        Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz
                        Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Rev. 2.0
                        6GB OCZ Platinum XTC 1600MHz 6-8-6-24-1N
                        EVGA GTX 460 768MB
                        Cooler Master HAF 912
                        Corsair CMPSU-750HX
                        128GB OCZ Vetex 4
                        2x 320GB Samsung Spinpoint F4 HD322GJ/U RAID 0
                        Samsung SyncMaster BX2331 (23", 1920x1080, 2ms, LED)

Comment

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
                          X58A-UD3R Rev. 1.0 Bios F8b MOD Complete
                          Updated with...
                          IRST 11.5.0.1582
                          Realteck 2.48
                          Jmicron 1.07.28
                          Marvell Bios Version 1.0.0.1033 / Firmware 2.2.0.1125
                          After flash is complete, shut down fully and switch off PSU, wait one minute and clear CMOS. Then turn on, boot to BIOS and load optimized and save/apply/reboot back to the BIOS. Once in the BIOS again set AHCI settings and Marvell Firmware mode to "Force", then save/apply/reboot and let it load through to windows, before that happens Marvell Firmware will update and board will reboot.*
                          X58AUD3Rrev1MOD_8_19_12.8b
                          Thank you so much for the X58A-UD3R update. It solved a few Gremlins...

Rodger

Comment

Originally posted by messerchmidt View Post
                            can someone modify the gigabyte f14p bios for the x58-ud4p (ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/bios/moth...-ud4p_f14p.exe) with:

IRST 11.5.0.1414
                            Realtek 2.48
                            Jmicron 1.07.28

this board lacks the marvel sata-6

its different than the regular ud4 posted on the first page of this thread.

anyone? many please and thanks.
                            Intel Raid Rom Updated to 11.5.0.1582
                            JMicron Orom Updated to 1.07.28
                            Realtek PXE Updated to 2.49

Flash from DOS with Included Flash Utility.

TRIM Confirmed Working in RAID0 by messerchmidt
                            Last edited by NoJuan999; 09-18-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skypy View Post
                              Hi,

Can someone please mod EP45T-UD3P rev. 1.0 bios version F8j ( latest F8l or F8k are missing some options in advanced bios features ) with the latest Oroms ( IRST is a must rest of them if you can ).

EP45T-UD3P F8j bios - http://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/jzb/ep45tud3pf8j.exe ( the download link is from here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post277052 )

Thank you.

Have a nice day,
                              Lucian
                              Intel Raid Rom Updated to 11.5.0.1582
                              JMicron Orom Updated to 1.07.28

Flash from DOS with Included Flash Utility.

Comment

NoJuan999, are you the same user from mydigitallife?
                                Is it possible to add SLIC 2.1 to any of this already modded BIOS?
                                Where should I post my request? Here or there?
                                I would like this one if possible:

Z77X-UD5H Bios F14 MOD

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X