X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Hello,
    My Motheboard G1.Sniper 3 z77. when I update the BIOS F4 to F5 he disappears. upgrade to F4 bios and is normal. I have to reset the bios and reinstall the BIOS F4 is normal. how to solve the problem? I use Q-Flash to update

thank you
    Ricardo
    Last edited by ricardomollik; 06-23-2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zslawek View Post
      The flash operation was succsesfull (I flushed bios from a bootable pendrive) but after rebooting, computer beeped one time and after 4-5 sec shutdown. After another 4-5 sec he booted again and then 4-5 sec later shut down again. He is repaeting this procedure in a loop. There is nothing displayed on screen. How can I recover the main bios or boot from the second? Any help is welcome.

Remove all usb devices except for keyboard and mouse and try. If your still stick in boot loop pull the power cord out from the PSU, press the case power buttong and hold for 1 min. Reinstall psu power cable and attempt to boot. If still in boot loop try the above while also clearing the cmos.
      Main Rig
      Gigabyte z87x-OC
      Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
      G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
      Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
      Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
      HiS ATI HD 6950
      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
      Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
      Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
      Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
      CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
      Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
      EK Supremacy Cpu Block
      Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
      Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
        Remove all usb devices except for keyboard and mouse and try. If your still stick in boot loop pull the power cord out from the PSU, press the case power buttong and hold for 1 min. Reinstall psu power cable and attempt to boot. If still in boot loop try the above while also clearing the cmos.

could enter the bios and return to the F4 bios is correct. Now how to upgrade to F5 bios? why everytime I try to update the bios disappears

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ricardomollik View Post
          Hello,
          My Motheboard G1.Sniper 3 z77. when I update the BIOS F4 to F5 he disappears. upgrade to F4 bios and is normal. I have to reset the bios and reinstall the BIOS F4 is normal. how to solve the problem? I use Q-Flash to update

thank you
          Ricardo
          could enter the bios and return to the F4 bios is correct. Now how to upgrade to F5 bios? why everytime I try to update the bios disappears

thank you
          I do not know why you are having issues. Are you having these issues flashing a modified bios or a unmodified bios? After flashing bios remove all usb devices and try to boot.

WHat do you mean by when you flash F5 he disappears? what disappears? If you flashed to F5 and could not enter the bios how did you flash back to f4?

But like I asked before is this with a modified bios or unmodified bios? If you have having issues with a unmodified bios please start your own thread to get help with yoru problem and keep this thread clean for Modified bios request/issues.
          Main Rig
          Gigabyte z87x-OC
          G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
          HiS ATI HD 6950
          CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
          Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
          EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

Sorry for the late reply but I don't have a working computer. I have tried Your advice but it didn't work. Befor cleaning CMOS I want to test the procedure from this page, then I will clean CMOS. I don't want to do any move that would make things worst.

Comment

Hello,
              I got back to bios, using logitech usb keyboard and mouse plugged into the two USB ports above the motherboard. I upgraded to the F5 Bios more every time to enter the bios setup I have to disconnect everything that is plugged into the usb and leave only the keyboard and mouse. is to solve this problem?

thank you
              Ricardo

Comment

Sorry for the late reply but I don't have a working computer. I have tried Your advice but it didn't work. Befor cleaning CMOS I want to test the procedure from this page, then I will clean CMOS. I don't want to do any move that would make things worst.
                The steps I provided should not may your problem worse, but you should try the steps listed here in post 2 toward the bottom of the post http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

Hello,
                I got back to bios, using logitech usb keyboard and mouse plugged into the two USB ports above the motherboard. I upgraded to the F5 Bios more every time to enter the bios setup I have to disconnect everything that is plugged into the usb and leave only the keyboard and mouse. is to solve this problem?

thank you
                Ricardo
                Hi sorry about your keyboard and mouse problem but that is not what this thread is for. If you read the first post this thread is about modding bios's to update the Orom files. You would need to contact Gigabyte directly and discuss with them the issues you are having with your mouse/keyboard working in bios.
                Main Rig
                Gigabyte z87x-OC
                HiS ATI HD 6950
                CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

The steps I provided should not may your problem worse, but you should try the steps listed here in post 2 toward the bottom of the post http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

Hi sorry about your keyboard and mouse problem but that is not what this thread is for. If you read the first post this thread is about modding bios's to update the Orom files. You would need to contact Gigabyte directly and discuss with them the issues you are having with your mouse/keyboard working in bios.
                  right, already talked to gigabyte, anyway thanks for the help

Comment

wow i came here to this forum to solve a what i think been a bios problem and now sorfing on the forum i find this bios mod post
                    i have a GA EP45 UD3P with official F10 bios
                    the sound simply is not been detected by the windows, just looks like there is nothing there

i want to know if i install this biosMOD F11 can solv the problem?
                    and also i download the file and note 2 files in there.. ep45ud3p.11d and ep45ud3pMOD.11d

which of those should i use?
                    thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by greenwarrior View Post
                      wow i came here to this forum to solve a what i think been a bios problem and now sorfing on the forum i find this bios mod post
                      i have a GA EP45 UD3P with official F10 bios
                      the sound simply is not been detected by the windows, just looks like there is nothing there

i want to know if i install this biosMOD F11 can solv the problem?
                      and also i download the file and note 2 files in there.. ep45ud3p.11d and ep45ud3pMOD.11d

which of those should i use?
                      thanks in advance
                      Sorry to hear about your problems. But I am sorry to say the modded bios will not help your problem if the original version does not help. I say that because the modded bios has nothing done to it for sound. The only mods done have been for Intel raid rom, Realtek lan rom, and the jmicron raid rom, You can see what has been updated for each bios on the first post of this thread along with a change log/patch notes saying what has been changed in the bios.

As for the file name that should be obvious ep45ud3p.11d (original file) ep45ud3pMOD.11d (modified file).
                      Main Rig
                      Gigabyte z87x-OC
                      HiS ATI HD 6950
                      CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                      Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                      EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

Sorry to hear about your problems. But I am sorry to say the modded bios will not help your problem if the original version does not help. I say that because the modded bios has nothing done to it for sound. The only mods done have been for Intel raid rom, Realtek lan rom, and the jmicron raid rom, You can see what has been updated for each bios on the first post of this thread along with a change log/patch notes saying what has been changed in the bios.

As for the file name that should be obvious ep45ud3p.11d (original file) ep45ud3pMOD.11d (modified file).
                        thanks for the quick reply
                        i don't know what can i do abt this problem... it happens once and i fixed it but i don't use the mobo for years so i can't remember how exactly i fix the problem and that comes around again now because i have a Q9550 and i decide to "revive" my old EP45

but thanks for your time sir... very quick answer

Comment

I tried it except for the Floppy Disk which I will try today. Up to now nothing was useful. During the weekend I will try this one. If you have any other idea how to repair the mobo please PM me. Anyway thank you for your help.

Comment

I tried it except for the Floppy Disk which I will try today. Up to now nothing was useful. During the weekend I will try this one. If you have any other idea how to repair the mobo please PM me. Anyway thank you for your help.
                            I sent a PM to LSDMEASAP to see if he can help with your problem. I dont think the bios mod should have caused this. I know the EP45 motherboards were plagued with boot loops but usally pulling the power cord or flipping the PSU switch stopped it.
                            Main Rig
                            Gigabyte z87x-OC
                            HiS ATI HD 6950
                            CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                            Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                            EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

Hi,
                              first thanks for the BIOS mods, nice job.

Have you heard about Marvell firmware 2.2.0.1125b ?

Available from :
                              http://www.station-drivers.com/page/marvell.htm

I didn't test it personally.

Comment

Originally posted by adridu59 View Post
                                Hi,
                                first thanks for the BIOS mods, nice job.

Have you heard about Marvell firmware 2.2.0.1125b ?

Available from :
                                http://www.station-drivers.com/page/marvell.htm

I didn't test it personally.
                                Thanks updated 2nd post
                                Main Rig
                                Gigabyte z87x-OC
                                HiS ATI HD 6950
                                CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                                Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                                EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

Working...
                                X