X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sdlkafjadskj
    replied
    Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Oof, went through every page and couldn't find a BIOS for the GA-Z68XP-UD5. Most neglected sandy bridge board.

Stasio, any chance you can do an updated BIOS for z68xp-UD5?

GA-Z68XP-UD5 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Leave a comment:

• Demo1
    replied

Hi all,

I didn't find modified BIOS for GA-Z77MX-D3H v1.0 F15 GA-Z77MX-D3H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

I want to mod for that mobo to have ability put new PCIe x16 v3 or x4 v3 board card in one of left slots that is 3 in that model, that board allows to me to boot new NVMe v1.3 M.2 SSD for PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 if that at all possible with mod, as I know that Gigabyte tech support replied that is unsupported because of chipset Z77.

I found only similar GA-Z77M-D3H BIOS F15 mod but that is different mob with different PCIe slots, is anybody moded MX version?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• leonardcoutinho
    replied

Hey Guys, anyone has a bios mod for H97m-d3h v1(8b bios)? If anyone can mod this bios to enable raise voltages to more than 1.2v too, or mod z97m-d3h to be flashed in h97 I will be grateful

Leave a comment:

• North_Bridge
    replied
    Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 Bios

Any updated Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 custom bios anyone?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• gettenmr
    replied

I have a GA-H61M-S2-B3 (rev. 1.0)
    It's got a AWARD BIOS 6.00PG
    and I've been trying to setup the mobo with:

- forced Enabled "above 4G decoding" for MMIO access above 4GB
    - forced Enabled "Legacy PCI", or subtractive decoding for PCIe bridges
    - forced Gen 2 all PCIE slots

I cannot find any of these in the BIOS (even after CTRL+F1)
    Reason for the above mods: Trying to get the board to recognize more than 6 GPUs and still boot. Currently it hangs and never boots successfully.

I tried to modify the BIOS myself:

- CBROM: dont know which package to modify and hex editor gives a ton of gibberish
    - Award BIOS Editor: complains about the BIOS not being an AWARD BIOS, which is ridiculous

Can anyone help me out?

This is the BIOS I'm trying to modify:
    Last edited by gettenmr; 06-22-2018, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dondino
    replied

i have this mobo z68ap-d3 ver 1 on bios f8 working without any problem
    i wanna know what the best uefi file to flash it with ?
    as i heard some have problem with fan controller and some have with gpu to work
    so i need a file tested and work without any of those problems

Leave a comment:

• dondino
    replied

Originally posted by stasio View Post
    There is new microcode for Z77.....attached.
    You can try update BIOS with UBU v1_70_b2_Dev.

[ATTACH]8249[/ATTACH]

Edit:
    Win 10 Intel microcode updates....
    Microsoft Update Catalog

i have this mobo z68ap-d3 ver 1 on bios f8 working without any problem
    i wanna know what the best uefi file to flash it with ?
    as i heard some have problem with fan controller and some have with gpu to work
    so i need a file tested and work without any of those problems

Leave a comment:

• stasio
    replied

Originally posted by Mabs View Post
    oh... ok... I thought the microcode was available. Sorry for asking you that. :)

What about all the other components? is it possible to update anything with that F16j BIOS ? or is it to old to try?
    Can you give any new update to it?

No problem if you can't... You are a living "dinosaur" helping people on this board. :) Many thanks for that. Glad to see you again in here... i wasn't expecting a familiar user still here in this thread.
    There is new microcode for Z77.....attached.
    You can try update BIOS with UBU v1_70_b2_Dev.

New microcode 1155.zip

Edit:
    Win 10 Intel microcode updates....
    Microsoft Update Catalog
    Last edited by stasio; 06-06-2018, 02:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mabs
    replied

oh... ok... I thought the microcode was available. Sorry for asking you that. :)

What about all the other components? is it possible to update anything with that F16j BIOS ? or is it to old to try?
    Can you give any new update to it?

No problem if you can't... You are a living "dinosaur" helping people on this board. :) Many thanks for that. Glad to see you again in here... i wasn't expecting a familiar user still here in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• stasio
    replied

As noted earlier, for Spectre / Meltdown vulnerabilities (older boards) request BIOS from GB Technical support.

Leave a comment:

• Mabs
    replied

Originally posted by ericgl View Post
    Hi Stasio,

Is there a modified BIOS for Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, which includes patches against Spectre / Meltdown vulnerabilities ?
    The latest official BIOS F16j (released on 2017-11-14) only fixes the MATS table for installing MacOS.
    I know this board is pretty old now, but I hope you or someone else were able to insert the new Intel microCode to fix those vulnerabilities.
    I am also wishing he answers this, or someone has some updated mod for this BIOS.
    Its working rock solid for all this years and it would be great if something this important gets updated on this board.

Original BIOS F16j
    Last edited by Mabs; 06-04-2018, 05:41 PM. Reason: add Link

Leave a comment:

• ericgl
    replied

Hi Stasio,

Is there a modified BIOS for Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, which includes patches against Spectre / Meltdown vulnerabilities ?
    The latest official BIOS F16j (released on 2017-11-14) only fixes the MATS table for installing MacOS.
    I know this board is pretty old now, but I hope you or someone else were able to insert the new Intel microCode to fix those vulnerabilities.

Leave a comment:

• Sparx75
    replied

Originally posted by moman2000 View Post
    Hi!

@stasio

I am new to this forum and registered just so I can ask: could I get a modded bios for my Z97X-UD3H?

F9 Original Link: http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...7x-ud3h_f9.zip

Regards,
    Mo
    +1 Looking for the exact same modded BIOS here for that mobo. Any one willing to mod it would be highly appreciated :).

Leave a comment:

• Krusher
    replied
    GA-Z77X-UD3H Meltdown+Spectre

A few days ago and confirmed tonight, it doesn't look like Gigabyte is going to patch the old GA-Z77X-UD3H motherboard I have here for Meltdown and Spectre beyond F20e. I hope I am wrong though.

I have not tried it yet but figured out how to patch the BIOSs myself. Am going to keep waiting a bit to see if MS patches it in Win 10 but in the mean time figured I would offer these up if anyone has a spare PC to try it on please do so and let me know. I have the original F20e BIOS and the modified BIOS from the first page; sha256 and md5 checksums are in the folder here but I'll repeat them just so you know for sure:

GA-Z77X-UD3H BIOS Updates

mod_Z77XUD3H.20e <-- This is Gigabyte's F20e BIOS for the GA-Z77X-UD3H
    2eff39ed4d1a381af29f6676ae8ca365 *mod_Z77XUD3H.20e md5sum
    ef208787991294afa1367abe63458662ac9dd7daa5ef4a4d36 98f2a89d363780 ?SHA256*mod_Z77XUD3H.20e

mod_z77xud3h_mod.20e <-- This is modified Gigabyte F20e BIOS for the GA-Z77X-UD3H. From the original author; all work remains his. He can also copy and link as he likes.
    de5dd95a7075e7348c49bfc432a6530a *mod_z77xud3h_mod.20e md5sum
    292ede824c440eea22f1e3b27b29b0f8ea902223c58d3f87ac 87ac32969f8cdb ?SHA256*mod_z77xud3h_mod.20e

If this works then great; I will eventually pick one and replace mine as well. If your computer has problems let me/us know, I tried...

Leave a comment:

• Gjdunga
    replied

Greetings!

I have an older motherboard & CPU. a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P F4b (REV 5.1) [ USB 2.0 ]
    Chipset:AMD 9600 rev 0 / 780G
    SouthBridge: SB700
    LPCIO: IT8728
    Processor: AMD FX 4100 Family: F Model: 1 Step: 2 Ext Family:15 Ext Model: 1 Revision: OR-B2 (4 Cores x 4 Threads)
    BIOS Type: Award ID:04/26/2013-RS780L-SB710-7A66CG0QC-00
    I have disabled the Internal GPU and have an AMD R7 360 (2GB) installed (PC PARTNER).

Orig Bios HERE

The entire line of bios nerfs AMD-V's One is unable to select the correct options. It shows as ready but is not active. Virtual box, Hyper-V complain.
    {I think the MSR's are not set correctly, and there is no Bios option enabled to be able to set the buggers.}
    I would like to request some help and or some information to be able to alter my bios.
    First, I would like to enable the options to enable the damn AMD-V and its kin.
    Second, to possibly update the microcode. This computer acts 'weird' at times, the USB hub likes to reset, I've had to clear the DMI a few times...

I hope this board is not too old...

Gabriel

Leave a comment:

Working...
X